Windows 10: I have too many Microsoft accounts, some using old email, or accounts with no passwords,...

Discus and support I have too many Microsoft accounts, some using old email, or accounts with no passwords,... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have too many Microsoft accounts, some using old email, or accounts with no passwords, how to fix?... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Ed589, Jul 20, 2021.

1. Ed589 Win User

I have too many Microsoft accounts, some using old email, or accounts with no passwords,...

I have too many Microsoft accounts, some using old email, or accounts with no passwords, how to fix?

:)

Ed589, Jul 20, 2021
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Jul 20, 2021
  3. email account hacked. please help

Also may I suggest you change email accounts to one of the following.....

Gmail
    Outlook

The reason is they both use "Step two verification". This style of verification means even if a hacker gets your password they cannot log in to your account. You see every time someone try's to log in that hasn't been verified you will get a text or a phone call giving you a final code to log in. Its very easy and simple to setup also. The great thing is once you setup your Email application with a specific "application password" from that account you never have to log in again AND your account is protected from being logged in from foreign entities.

I like the new outlook personally however Gmail is also damn good. Gmail also has an IP tracker that allows you to see WHERE the account has been logged in from. Anyway let us know if you wanna change over and have any questions. We will be happy to help and welcome to TPU!

TheMailMan78, Jul 20, 2021
  4. Vario Win User

I have too many Microsoft accounts, some using old email, or accounts with no passwords,...

Lost password on an Old Account, any way to merge accounts?

Hi Guys,

I posted here as Vario back in 2005-2008. Subsequently no longer have my college email address and do not remember the password I used for the Vario account. I can't request the reset be sent because I don't have access to the college email anymore. The University deletes the old accounts after graduation.

Any way I can merge these two accounts? I can try to provide proof that I own that account if you want but not sure how. The last time I logged in was in 2008 so its been quite some time.

I can keep trying old passwords to get in but the site popped up a warning after I did it too frequently.

Thanks.

Vario, Jul 20, 2021
Thema:

1. I have too many Microsoft accounts, some using old email, or accounts with no passwords,... - Similar Threads - too many Microsoft

2. I have too many users and accounts and no storage space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have too many users and accounts and no storage space: a lot of the storage is consumed by media, but also because my hard drive was duplicated several times. I have my recovery key, can I reset my laptop and start from scratch?Or will recovery key bring all the data and accounts I tried to get rid of?...
  3. I have too many users and accounts and no storage space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have too many users and accounts and no storage space: a lot of the storage is consumed by media, but also because my hard drive was duplicated several times. I have my recovery key, can I reset my laptop and start from scratch?Or will recovery key bring all the data and accounts I tried to get rid of?...
  4. too many user accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    too many user accounts: one user on my pc why do i need a default account and a public account and a all users accountand a default account and a default users account and then my account. i dont want all this **** on here i dont want an admistrator acount all i want is my account on my pc. i want...
  5. too many user accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    too many user accounts: one user on my pc why do i need a default account and a public account and a all users accountand a default account and a default users account and then my account. i dont want all this **** on here i dont want an admistrator acount all i want is my account on my pc. i want...
  6. too many user accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. REMOVE OLD EMAIL ACCOUNT WITH MICROSOFT

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    REMOVE OLD EMAIL ACCOUNT WITH MICROSOFT: I have been trying to remove my old email account with Microsoft and am unable to do so. It is being used for fraudulent purchases and causing me a lot of issues. This old email was supposed to be disabled in Dec 2019; however it is still active. I have a gmail address...
  8. too many user accounts

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    too many user accounts: For some reason, I have files THIS PC, and I have files in DONNAKAY, that opens dgreer2383, then dgreer2383 and then I see other files. I also have a drive that says, Donna. I need to change these all to my computer name of DONNAKAY. This problem is duplicating documents,...
  9. Reset Microsoft account email and password ...... (No access to old info)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reset Microsoft account email and password ...... (No access to old info): Microsoft account issues I do not have access to any of the old info .. that IP is closed and not accessible any longer....
  10. Too many devices in Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Support
    Too many devices in Microsoft Account: I've noticed several posts here in this forum about changing the Microsoft Account password so I took a look at my account and found something strange. The screen shot shows 3 devices, all the same, plus1 one Win device that I have no idea what it is. [img] My...