Windows 10: I have transferred the hard drive with an activated Windows 10 pro from a failed laptop to...

Discus and support I have transferred the hard drive with an activated Windows 10 pro from a failed laptop to... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have transferred the hard drive with an activated Windows 10 pro from a failed laptop to this one. I cant activate windows 10 pro on the new laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TrevorDawson2, Jul 11, 2019.

1. I have transferred the hard drive with an activated Windows 10 pro from a failed laptop to...

I have transferred the hard drive with an activated Windows 10 pro from a failed laptop to this one. I cant activate windows 10 pro on the new laptop even though it is an authorised version.

:)

TrevorDawson2, Jul 11, 2019

2. Can't activate Windows 10 after transferring hard drive to repaired laptop

My original laptop got its screen cracked and I transferred my hard drive into another one for temporary use. On that laptop, I got the free Windows 10 upgrade and it worked perfectly. Then without my permission, my parents transferred the hard drive into
    my repaired laptop and Windows 10 isn't activating. I got a message on my screen saying Activate Windows Go to Settings to Activate Windows. So I did and it gave me this message: Activation failed because this device doesn't have a valid digital entitlement or
    product key. Error code: 0x803F7001. I don't know the product key since it was the free upgrade that was available for a limited time to download it fully.

TankMasterAlp, Jul 11, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Pro activation

I should have said Windows 10 Pro was an upgrade I purchased online at the Microsoft store in 2016. I received an email confirmation but no activation code. It worked fine on the laptop I purchased it for. That laptop failed due to a power supply problem
    and I hoped to transfer the hard drive to another laptop I had that came with Windows 10 Home that had developed some hard drive problems.

SteveThurston, Jul 11, 2019
  4. I have transferred the hard drive with an activated Windows 10 pro from a failed laptop to...

Laptop hard drive upgrade

To replace a hard drive on a laptop is a little more troublesome than a desktop. 1st as most people here suggest you will need some sort of a backup disk just in case. Also be sure when buying the new Hard Disk is compatible with your model. And i would strongly suggest you install a new system and start from scratch because there are far too many problems that can occur when transferring system files.

scoutingwraith, Jul 11, 2019
Thema:

I have transferred the hard drive with an activated Windows 10 pro from a failed laptop to...

1. I have transferred the hard drive with an activated Windows 10 pro from a failed laptop to... - Similar Threads - transferred hard drive

2. windows 10 hard drive failed

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 hard drive failed: windows 10 hard drive failed on latest laptop, installed hard drive from previous laptop (windows 8.0) that insurance claim returned in 2015. Will i have to spend $99 to reinstall windows 10 and get a product key?...
  3. Transfer windows 10 to new hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfer windows 10 to new hard drive: Windows 10 was installed on my computer when i bought it, about to upgrade hard drive, how do i get window10 on new drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-windows-10-to-new-hard-drive/8416286a-0f0e-412a-a166-567a3667d147
  4. Transfer Windows 10 Pro to already activated laptop on Windows 10 Home

Transfer Windows 10 Pro to already activated laptop on Windows 10 Home: I have 2 devices: one is with Windows 10 Pro digital license and another one is with Windows 10 Home digital license. I know that I can deactivate Windows using slmgr /upk. Afterwards, if I click on troubleshoot link in settings it restores my old product key. What I want is...
  5. Replacing the hard drives on my Windows 10 Pro laptop.

Replacing the hard drives on my Windows 10 Pro laptop.: Hello everyone. I am getting ready to replace both of the hard drives in my laptop that is running a verified copy of Win 10 Pro that I wish to have reinstalled on my new SSD when finished. However, it does not allow you to view the entire product key. How do I go about...
  6. Transfer Windows 10 to another hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfer Windows 10 to another hard drive: Hello! I have only 2 gb free space on my system drive, so I have a question. Is there a way to transfer working windows 10 system to another hard drive without reinstalling it?...
  7. Transfer Windows 10 to SSD hard drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Transfer Windows 10 to SSD hard drive: Can anyone tell me how to transfer Windows 10 From my standard hard drive to a new SSD hard drive. Thank you Joe https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/transfer-windows-10-to-ssd-hard-drive/1185c915-abfb-4f58-b907-4418a1643ba8
  8. Failing to replace failing laptop hard drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Failing to replace failing laptop hard drive: Toshiba C55 series with a failing hard drive. My first attempt was to clone the drives using my Acronis True Image 2015. Formatted the new drive and placed in the PC. Old HD in a USB drive enclosure. Booted from the TI "Bootable Rescue Media.." As soon as it started to...
  9. Cannot transfer files from old hard drive to new Win 10 laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot transfer files from old hard drive to new Win 10 laptop: My Win 8.1 HP laptop failed to boot after a recent win 8.1 update and I have purchased a new ASUS x556u running Win 10. I have removed my old hard drive [Toshiba HDD2L01 MK7575GSX] placed it in a Dynamode USB3-HD2.5S-BN enclosure and attached it to my new laptop. The Asus...
  10. transfer hard drive

in Windows 10 Support
    transfer hard drive: My old computer was a windows 8 that was upgraded to windows 10. I just ordered a new i5 6600 which comes with windows 10, a 250G SSD and 1 TB hard drive.. My old hard drive appears to be a Seagate Barracuda 1TB SATA which seems to be the same as the one in my new Vanquish....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. activate home on hard drive that had pro windows 10