Windows 10: I have transferred the hard drive with an activated Windows 10 pro from a failed laptop to...

Discus and support I have transferred the hard drive with an activated Windows 10 pro from a failed laptop to... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have transferred the hard drive with an activated Windows 10 pro from a failed laptop to this one. I cant activate windows 10 pro on the new laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TrevorDawson2, Jul 11, 2019.

1. I have transferred the hard drive with an activated Windows 10 pro from a failed laptop to...

I have transferred the hard drive with an activated Windows 10 pro from a failed laptop to this one. I cant activate windows 10 pro on the new laptop even though it is an authorised version.

:)

TrevorDawson2, Jul 11, 2019

2. Can't activate Windows 10 after transferring hard drive to repaired laptop

My original laptop got its screen cracked and I transferred my hard drive into another one for temporary use. On that laptop, I got the free Windows 10 upgrade and it worked perfectly. Then without my permission, my parents transferred the hard drive into
    my repaired laptop and Windows 10 isn't activating. I got a message on my screen saying Activate Windows Go to Settings to Activate Windows. So I did and it gave me this message: Activation failed because this device doesn't have a valid digital entitlement or
    product key. Error code: 0x803F7001. I don't know the product key since it was the free upgrade that was available for a limited time to download it fully.

TankMasterAlp, Jul 11, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Pro activation

I should have said Windows 10 Pro was an upgrade I purchased online at the Microsoft store in 2016. I received an email confirmation but no activation code. It worked fine on the laptop I purchased it for. That laptop failed due to a power supply problem
    and I hoped to transfer the hard drive to another laptop I had that came with Windows 10 Home that had developed some hard drive problems.

SteveThurston, Jul 11, 2019
  4. I have transferred the hard drive with an activated Windows 10 pro from a failed laptop to...

Laptop hard drive upgrade

To replace a hard drive on a laptop is a little more troublesome than a desktop. 1st as most people here suggest you will need some sort of a backup disk just in case. Also be sure when buying the new Hard Disk is compatible with your model. And i would strongly suggest you install a new system and start from scratch because there are far too many problems that can occur when transferring system files.

scoutingwraith, Jul 11, 2019
Thema:

I have transferred the hard drive with an activated Windows 10 pro from a failed laptop to...

1. I have transferred the hard drive with an activated Windows 10 pro from a failed laptop to... - Similar Threads - transferred hard drive

2. Transferring Windows 10 Pro activation key to new laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring Windows 10 Pro activation key to new laptop: How can I transfer Windows 10 Pro activation key used in my old laptop that stopped working to my new laptop? I have both of these devices linked to my Microsoft account....
  3. Transferring Windows 10 Pro activation key to new laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring Windows 10 Pro activation key to new laptop: How can I transfer Windows 10 Pro activation key used in my old laptop that stopped working to my new laptop? I have both of these devices linked to my Microsoft account....
  4. Transferring Windows 10 Pro activation key to new laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Transferring hard drive from failed computer to a new computer.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Transferring hard drive from failed computer to a new computer.: Dear Folks:I just finished my tax return, but before I could print it or file it online, the motherboard failed on my older desktop computer Win 10 Home OS.Is there some way for me to remove the hard drive NTFS formatting from the desktop computer and install it into a new...
  6. Transfer windows 10 pro license to another hard drive

Transfer windows 10 pro license to another hard drive: Hello, I bought a computer that had windows 10 home on it. I went to upgrade to pro in the windows store so I can make sure to get this computer on my domain. Recently the computer is having hard drive issues and requires me to replace the hard drive. I was wondering is...
  7. Transfer files & Windows 10 Pro to another hard drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Transfer files & Windows 10 Pro to another hard drive?: I apologize if this is the wrong sub! Basically, my Windows 10 Pro and some other personal files are on a smaller SSD, and I just bought a bigger SSD. Is there a way for me to transfer my Windows 10 Pro OS from the smaller SSD to the bigger SSD without having to reinstall...
  8. Transferring files from old hard drive to new hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transferring files from old hard drive to new hard drive: Hello, My laptop recently broke that was running Windows 7. I bought a new laptop that is running Windows 10. Since my old laptop would not start, I bought a hard drive enclosure so I could move everything off my old hard drive onto my new one. I am confused with exactly...
  9. Windows 10 - Hard Drive Transfer

Windows 10 - Hard Drive Transfer: I bought a computer last fall and it ran great after I upgraded it into a gaming computer. The only issue that is starting to arise is that the old hard drive has started skipping and isn't running near as quickly as my other hard drives. I have a brand new barracuda 2tb hard...
  10. Failing to replace failing laptop hard drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Failing to replace failing laptop hard drive: Toshiba C55 series with a failing hard drive. My first attempt was to clone the drives using my Acronis True Image 2015. Formatted the new drive and placed in the PC. Old HD in a USB drive enclosure. Booted from the TI "Bootable Rescue Media.." As soon as it started to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. activate home on hard drive that had pro windows 10