Windows 10: I have Tried everything but still not able to hibernate my pc.

Discus and support I have Tried everything but still not able to hibernate my pc. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I am using Windows 10 Education. I have tried all possible options as given in following links Hibernate Computer in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by crkrisky, Nov 19, 2016.

1. crkrisky Win User

I have Tried everything but still not able to hibernate my pc.

I am using Windows 10 Education. I have tried all possible options as given in following links
    Hibernate Computer in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

When I try to hibernate using shutdown/h command my pc goes to sleep mode instead of hibernating.Is There any solution.

:)

crkrisky, Nov 19, 2016
  2. JoaRaf Win User

Have tried everything but still can't delete Windows.old my old Windows 7 version. Help.

Hello. Thanks for your reply. The system did not delete Windows 7 as you said it would.

I spent a very long time on the phone with the helpdesk. In the end, the service pro said I didn't have enough memory to run windows 10 on my computer. He said you might have a windows 10 light. If so, please let me know. Thank you.

JoaRaf, Nov 19, 2016
  3. Have tried everything but still can't delete Windows.old my old Windows 7 version. Help.

Hi,

The system will delete the Windows.old folder automatically a month after you upgraded. If you want to delete it now as it is taking too much space on your hard drive,
    Disk Cleanup is recommended which we understand that you already tried. To effectively instruct you on what you can do next, we need to isolate the issue with a few questions:

• When did you upgrade to Windows 10?
    • What are the exact messages that you're getting when deleting the folder?
    • Was the Disk Cleanup process successful?

We look forward to your response.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Nov 19, 2016
  4. Adalwar Win User

Try in a Elevated Prompt : Powercfg /hibernate off and ON

Adalwar, Nov 19, 2016
  5. crkrisky Win User
    I also tried that but nothing happened. *Sad

crkrisky, Nov 19, 2016
  6. Adalwar Win User
    then try this, in elevated command prompt : powercfg /restoredefaultschemes
    Also, just for testing purposes, Disable all your LAN/WLAN adaters. You could also try the Sound Card.
    See in your Power Plan you have that options and set them according.

Adalwar, Nov 19, 2016
  7. Adalwar Win User
    And remember that it takes more than 30s until the PC power off. You see activity during that time while going to Hibernate.

Adalwar, Nov 19, 2016
  8. crkrisky Win User

I have tried again didn't helped.

I have Tried everything but still not able to hibernate my pc. [​IMG]

crkrisky, Nov 20, 2016
  9. crkrisky Win User
    I also tried to hibernate using a software "Advance system Care" to hibernate but again computer goes to sleep instead of hibernating.
    I waited for like 5 minutes. It was just in sleep mode.

crkrisky, Nov 20, 2016
  10. Adalwar Win User
    PC will go first in Sleep and after the Hibernate time has elapsed it will go into Hibernate.
    If you want that it goes directly into Hibernate, you have setup the Power Plan configuration to go Hibernate, not to sleep.

Adalwar, Nov 20, 2016
  11. Adalwar Win User
    in elevated command prompt type: Powercfg /A
    see if Hibernate is available for your system

Adalwar, Nov 20, 2016
  12. Adalwar Win User
    I have been looking to your picture above and Hibernate is not Available in your Power Plan, so it will not work.
    Either it is Turened OFF, or your System does support it or the Power Plan is corrupted.
    Do following: in elevated command prompt
    powercfg /restoredefaultschemes
    powercfg /Hibernate ON
    Reboot
    now look again in the Power Plan and see if Hibernate settings are present. If not, it looks like your system only supports Sleep Mode.
    Also, unless absolute necessary , Awake Timers should be turned DISABLED:

Adalwar, Nov 20, 2016
  13. Adalwar Win User

If there is not enough free place on Drive C:, the command powercfg /hibernate ON will have no effect.
    Perform a Disk Cleanup a re-issue the command.

Adalwar, Nov 20, 2016
  14. crkrisky Win User
    After
    powercfg /restoredefaultschemes
    powercfg /Hibernate ON
    Reboot
    powercfg /A
    Shows following results

I have Tried everything but still not able to hibernate my pc. [​IMG]

crkrisky, Nov 20, 2016
  15. Adalwar Win User
    No, seems that you have no luck, your system does not support Hibernation. Only Sleep mode. It has to do with Hardware and I think you can not change it.
    But for to make sure, how much Free Space there is on Drive C: ? And how much Memory you have in System?

EDIT: I compared your results with my PC and they are similar (S1,S2,S3) and I have the Hibernation , so you should also get Hibernation.
    May be you have too few Free Space on Drive C and Windows will not create the Hiberfil.sys necessary for Hibernate to enable it.

Adalwar, Nov 20, 2016
Thema:

1. I have Tried everything but still not able to hibernate my pc. - Similar Threads - Tried everything still

2. ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR, I have tried everything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR, I have tried everything: Hello all,I have an issue browsing websites from my laptop, i get the error message ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR. Its the same error no matter which website I try to access. I have a working wifi connection, laptop is connected to the wifi, I see data packages send back and forth...
  3. ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR, I have tried everything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR, I have tried everything: Hello all,I have an issue browsing websites from my laptop, i get the error message ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR. Its the same error no matter which website I try to access. I have a working wifi connection, laptop is connected to the wifi, I see data packages send back and forth...
  4. ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR, I have tried everything

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. I have tried everything and still cannot get rid of "fast Start".

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have tried everything and still cannot get rid of "fast Start".: I have been everywhere and done everything and still I can't get rid of "fast start". What update number can I delete to get rid of this overnight battery drain? And since this problem has been around for a long time, why did I get it just recently? Microsoft you give me...
  6. I have tried everything and still cannot get rid of "fast Start".

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have tried everything and still cannot get rid of "fast Start".: I have been everywhere and done everything and still I can't get rid of "fast start". What update number can I delete to get rid of this overnight battery drain? And since this problem has been around for a long time, why did I get it just recently? Microsoft you give me...
  7. I've tried everything but I still bluescreen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I've tried everything but I still bluescreen: I've been getting countless bluescreens, from the CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT error to the WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR I've updated EVERY driver possible, reseated my gpu, and also checked my cpu to see if there's anything wrong with that. I've tried running a bunch of different...
  8. I have literally tried everything and my Microphone still refuses to recognize my voice

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have literally tried everything and my Microphone still refuses to recognize my voice: I recently purchased this computer YESTERDAY None of my headsets work. I have ports in the front and back and I promise you have I thoroughly tested both sides for errors. I have checked my privacy settings I have checked my microphone detection settings via sound and...
  9. Have tried literally everything, PC still wakes up from sleep instantly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Have tried literally everything, PC still wakes up from sleep instantly: HP Spectre x360 13' Kaby Lake i7, running Windows 10 1909. Absolutely no matter what I do, it always wakes from sleep mode. The amount of fixes and threads I've read in order to get it not to wake from sleep on it's own is insane. Open to suggestions in general (even if it's...
  10. Memory Leaking in Win10 - Tried everything, still have issues.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Memory Leaking in Win10 - Tried everything, still have issues.: Specsheet: Lenovo thinkpad E580 Processor: i5-7200U 2.5 / 2.7 GHz (it shows two different specs, dunno why) Installed RAM: 4GB, unknown speed, unknown make, 3.9GB usable System type x64 processor, 64-bit GPU: Intel HDGraphics 620 1.9Gb installed/usable Settings:...