Windows 10: I have tried everything, I think this is NEW WEIRD VIRUS

Discus and support I have tried everything, I think this is NEW WEIRD VIRUS in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Below is the error information I received. I can not open settings to change anything or get in under admin clearance. I can not download anything... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by dawsonthegreat, Sep 10, 2019.

1. I have tried everything, I think this is NEW WEIRD VIRUS

Below is the error information I received. I can not open settings to change anything or get in under admin clearance. I can not download anything either as I tried a paid service with avg to scan computer for virus and wont let me.

Description
    Faulting Application Path: C:\

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: Explorer.EXE
    Application Version: 10.0.18362.329
    Application Timestamp: c61c34ac
    Fault Module Name: SndVolSSO.DLL
    Fault Module Version: 10.0.18362.1
    Fault Module Timestamp: 0979e84c
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 00000000000199af
    OS Version: 10.0.18362.2.0.0.256.48
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: a29e
    Additional Information 2: a29e8d5359a4b678a162b73cfa5f4ece
    Additional Information 3: 9b31
    Additional Information 4: 9b31c41a66770ec467468f52dd5889a6
    Extra information about the problem
    Bucket ID: 135293000ed59066787f085ea735317c (1765138781577752956)

:)

dawsonthegreat, Sep 10, 2019

2. New Laptop Might Still Be Infected By Virus. PLEASE HELP!

Symptoms:

• Pop up from Nvidia says there's a new driver. When taken to another window and I click download, it says it can't.
    • User Driver Mode Framework eats up 50% of CPU as seen on Task Mgr
    • Virus scanner unable to scan
    • No connectivity when in Safe Mode with Networking
    • Unable to scan when in Safe Mode with Networking

How virus got in:

Logged into QQ messenger with chinese UI (tencent & kingsoft)

Virus behavior:

Downloaded 5 more programs that took over recycle bin, music files,

Steps previously taken:

• Tried to uninstall from Control Panel but was unable to
    • Tried to end task but was unable to
    • Tried following steps here:
    • Took PC to service center from place bought:
    • Used Ninite to uninstall all chinese programs
    • Went home but saw Kingsoft, Tencent & QQ folders in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT
    • Hit OneKey Recovery
    • Updated Office 365
    • Updated Windows OS
    • See symptoms above

ButterMellow, Sep 10, 2019
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond I have tried everything, I think this is NEW WEIRD VIRUS :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 10, 2019
  4. YOU
    You Win User

I have tried everything, I think this is NEW WEIRD VIRUS

Thinking about Going back to Win8.1

If want to disable IE, still can. However, can't uninstall it like were able to in XP/98/whatever.
    Here's how, although I find it useful in case Chrome or Firefox stops working and have to re-download it. *Wink
    1. Search for turn windows features on or off and click it in the search results.
    • I have tried everything, I think this is NEW WEIRD VIRUS [​IMG]
    2. When the app opens, uncheck Internet Explorer 11.

3. Click Yes on the warning dialog.
    4. Click OK.
    5. Restart for the changes to finish.

Thema:

I have tried everything, I think this is NEW WEIRD VIRUS

1. I have tried everything, I think this is NEW WEIRD VIRUS - Similar Threads - tried everything WEIRD

2. I think I have a backdoor virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I think I have a backdoor virus: I decided to run a quick scan and windows defender told me I had a virus. But when I tried to quarantine and remove it many times it never went away and came back the next quick scan. How can I get rid of this virus?...
  3. I think I have a backdoor virus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I think I have a backdoor virus: I decided to run a quick scan and windows defender told me I had a virus. But when I tried to quarantine and remove it many times it never went away and came back the next quick scan. How can I get rid of this virus?...
  4. I think I have a virus in my win11 .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I think I have a virus in my win11 .: A cmd keeps popping and I did a screen record to read it . It accesses the appdata/users/roaming/ rscewje . When I go to roaming I can't find rscewje.How to find it and delete it ? Antivirus doesn't work...
  5. I think i might have a virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I think i might have a virus: Today i was on my computer when I realised that the 500gb I had yesterday was gone, I have not installed anything that was 500gb. Does anyone know hoe to fix my storage problem and how I could avoid similar things? I have ran a virus scan with a free version with Avast one...
  6. I think I Have a virus..

I think I Have a virus..: Okay, so it all started a little while ago.. about two weeks to three weeks ago, on my Lenovo Laptop, My YouTube started crashing ALOT for no reason, just randomly would say there was an error in the system, this had never happened to me before. It just recently started, It's...
  7. I think I have a virus.

I think I have a virus.: Recently I opened up chrome and for some reason I found that the mazy extension was added without my permission. I went to delete it but found it was "blocked by administrator". This is my computer and I am the only user. Is this a virus and if so how do I fix it. I am very...
  8. I think i have a virus

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I think i have a virus: Starting from a couple of days ago and more evidently the past week. My laptop has been acting extremely slowly. For a while, I just looked past it and just assumed it was because of the number of Softwares I had open but it has been extremely laggy of late and the other day,...
  9. i think i have a virus

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    i think i have a virus: so in the task bar when i open some apps there is a blank space its an icon i can move it but when i right click it it says shut town and or pin to task bar my question is how do i get rid of it has this happened to anyone else can someone help me submitted by /u/J_Mitev69...
  10. I think I have a virus!!!

in Windows 10 Customization
    I think I have a virus!!!: I installed hacks for gta and my anti virus did not pick up anything but when looking in virus total i think it is mad if you look at its activity it made dll files and set some keys here is where you see its activity :...