Windows 10: I have tried for several weeks to get the Tilde key working on my keyboard to no avail.

Discus and support I have tried for several weeks to get the Tilde key working on my keyboard to no avail. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Most answers talk about US layout keyboards however I am from the UK and have a Logitech G19 keyboard, I tested it out on a website and found that the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Telico, May 25, 2023.

1. Telico Win User

I have tried for several weeks to get the Tilde key working on my keyboard to no avail.

Most answers talk about US layout keyboards however I am from the UK and have a Logitech G19 keyboard, I tested it out on a website and found that the "Minus" and "Enter" keys on the number pad also don't work. I can't tell you when this started only that they used to work fine and a few months back I noted that the minus didn't work while I was punching numbers in was very bust at the time and forgot about it. I have tried checking the settings and they are all the correct layout and country, there is no other language installed however to be sure I unbound the swap key from the Tilde but

:)

Telico, May 25, 2023

2. Tilde key don't work on English(US keybord)

My Tilde key is physically fine but its not working when i press it but shift + key works in US keyboard

SHIFT + TILDE (Holding) : ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TILDE (Holding) :

TILDE (Single tap) :

I have tried the language bar solution but even it is unassigned the key doesn't work.

but if i manually change to Eng UK keyboard :

SHIFT + TILDE (Holding) : ¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬

TILDE (Holding) : ````````````````````````````````

TILDE (Single tap) : ````````````

I don't use UK keyboard so I need US one but cant seem to find any solution.

Seefat HossainHimel, May 25, 2023
  3. DonMurray Win User
    tilde key ~~ very difficult to make work on many different keyboards

On 3 different keyboards my tilde key ~" ~ " does not work right. I have to press hard several times to make it work. Anyone know what is going on ? `````````````
    ````````~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ non of the other keys have any problem but the tilde key will not work right. does not make a difference what USB port its plugged into. These are direct corded keyboards.

DonMurray, May 25, 2023
  4. I have tried for several weeks to get the Tilde key working on my keyboard to no avail.

Spanish keyboard - no tilde

Hi,

Is there a way to use a Spanish keyboard (Spain or Mexico) but avoid getting suggestions and autocorrect with tildes (á, é, í, ó, ú)?

The problem with this is that a tilde needs another charset and thus the max length for a SMS is greatly reduced. If I use an English keyboard, I obviously wo't get suggestions and autocorrect in Spanish. I don't mind sacrificing a bit of spelling (losing
    tildes) if I can get more text in a SMS.

Thanks,

Gabriel

gabrielmaldi, May 25, 2023
Thema:

I have tried for several weeks to get the Tilde key working on my keyboard to no avail.

1. I have tried for several weeks to get the Tilde key working on my keyboard to no avail. - Similar Threads - tried several weeks

2. I have tried for several weeks to get the Tilde key working on my keyboard to no avail.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have tried for several weeks to get the Tilde key working on my keyboard to no avail.: Most answers talk about US layout keyboards however I am from the UK and have a Logitech G19 keyboard, I tested it out on a website and found that the "Minus" and "Enter" keys on the number pad also don't work. I can't tell you when this started only that they used to work...
  3. I have tried for several weeks to get the Tilde key working on my keyboard to no avail.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have tried for several weeks to get the Tilde key working on my keyboard to no avail.: Most answers talk about US layout keyboards however I am from the UK and have a Logitech G19 keyboard, I tested it out on a website and found that the "Minus" and "Enter" keys on the number pad also don't work. I can't tell you when this started only that they used to work...
  4. tilde key doesnt work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    tilde key doesnt work.: When my pc boots the tilde key only works for a few seconds then it doesnt.SHIFT + TILDE Holding : ~~~~~~~~~~~~~TILDE Holding :TILDE Single tap: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tilde-key-doesnt-work/07826c3a-2f77-465f-b2ad-f5b6aee1d99a
  5. tilde key doesnt work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    tilde key doesnt work.: When my pc boots the tilde key only works for a few seconds then it doesnt.SHIFT + TILDE Holding : ~~~~~~~~~~~~~TILDE Holding :TILDE Single tap: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tilde-key-doesnt-work/07826c3a-2f77-465f-b2ad-f5b6aee1d99a
  6. Tilde Key Not Working?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tilde Key Not Working?: So recently I tried to use my tilde key to input my name on steam, but it didnt do anything. Even hitting shift doesnt work. I have looked around and everyone says use your keyboard settings but I have, and I am on US Keyboard settings. Any Help would be appreciated....
  7. My keyboard refuses to type the "Tilde key" and I don't know why.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My keyboard refuses to type the "Tilde key" and I don't know why.: What I mean is that the system will not process that I am pressing it, the key works perfectly fine but when I use the on-screen keyboard; it doesn't type it. I'm using an US English keyboard. I've reinstalled windows, validated my drivers, switched windows profiles, and...
  8. Windows 10 Tilde Key not working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Tilde Key not working.: The tilde key just stopped working and I've went online only to see that all the "solutions" are outdated and some that are new don't even work. I need the tilde key because it enables the developer console in games....
  9. Tilde/BackTick Key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Tilde/BackTick Key: Hey, so recently something happened with my keyboard layout, basically I used to be able to just press down the tilde key/Backtick key and I would automatically get the tilde symbol ~ . now ever since I restarted my Pc literally less than 24hrs from writing this, I...
  10. tilde key ~~ very difficult to make work on many different keyboards

in Windows 10 Support
    tilde key ~~ very difficult to make work on many different keyboards: On 3 different keyboards my tilde key ~" ~ " does not work right. I have to press hard several times to make it work. Anyone know what is going on ? ````````````` ````````~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ non of the other keys have any problem but the tilde key will not work right. does...