Windows 10: I have tried so long to try i figure out what could cause this problem. My hard drive after...

Discus and support I have tried so long to try i figure out what could cause this problem. My hard drive after... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/atZiPPy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g4ojmn/i_have_tried_so_long_to_try_i_figure_out_what/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/atZiPPy, Apr 20, 2020.

1. I have tried so long to try i figure out what could cause this problem. My hard drive after...

/u/atZiPPy, Apr 20, 2020

2. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Apr 20, 2020
  3. Ekwa Win User
    Bad hard drive Low in-game FPS?

Yeah, FPS was up loads, didn't know that the hard drive was causing problems until someone suggested i ran a prog for it

4. I have tried so long to try i figure out what could cause this problem. My hard drive after...

Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Apr 20, 2020
Thema:

I have tried so long to try i figure out what could cause this problem. My hard drive after...

1. I have tried so long to try i figure out what could cause this problem. My hard drive after... - Similar Threads - tried long try

2. BSOD issues trying to figure out what is causing these

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD issues trying to figure out what is causing these: Hello,Hoping I can get some help with these BSOD files I am seeing recently. I tried to install Discord which is the latest one. Another one started happening after I installed a new GPU and the drivers are up to date. Just not sure what to do here. Thank you in advance to...
  3. BSOD issues trying to figure out what is causing these

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD issues trying to figure out what is causing these: Hello,Hoping I can get some help with these BSOD files I am seeing recently. I tried to install Discord which is the latest one. Another one started happening after I installed a new GPU and the drivers are up to date. Just not sure what to do here. Thank you in advance to...
  4. BSOD issues trying to figure out what is causing these

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Got an error and tried to see if I could figure out what caused it and I can't figure it out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Got an error and tried to see if I could figure out what caused it and I can't figure it out: Going into my reliability history I was able to pull the following information:SourceWindowsSummaryHardware errorDate‎1/‎23/‎2022 9:37 PMStatusNot reportedDescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name:...
  6. Got an error and tried to see if I could figure out what caused it and I can't figure it out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Got an error and tried to see if I could figure out what caused it and I can't figure it out: Going into my reliability history I was able to pull the following information:SourceWindowsSummaryHardware errorDate‎1/‎23/‎2022 9:37 PMStatusNot reportedDescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name:...
  7. Got an error and tried to see if I could figure out what caused it and I can't figure it out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Trying to figure out what Windows is doing with an external hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Trying to figure out what Windows is doing with an external hard drive: It's hooked in right now until I organize and transfer over archive stuff, and there's a light on it, and it'll just randomly start blinking, and I can hear the hard drive arm activating or resting (locking?), even though File Explorer is not open and I'm doing nothing...
  9. Trying to figure out whats causing my BSOD, but I cannot find the minidump folder, even...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trying to figure out whats causing my BSOD, but I cannot find the minidump folder, even...: As the title says I have been having BSOD, and am trying to figure out whats been causing it. I have went up through the steps to create an automatic dump on crash, but I cannot find the folder in %systemroot%. There is no minidump folder, so I am wondering if I did...
  10. BSOD help, Trying to figure out the cause.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD help, Trying to figure out the cause.: Recently my computer upon booting up and just browsing youtube and streaming services online would BSOD within the first 5mins of the boot up. It has happened twice after having no effects previously other than GPU driver crashes which I'm pretty sure i fixed by changing...