Windows 10: I have tried to de-activate auto update with NO success. How do I accomplish this.

Discus and support I have tried to de-activate auto update with NO success. How do I accomplish this. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am NOT a geek so please use language that doesn't require a phd in computer science PLEASE and THANK YOU... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GaryLillig, Nov 13, 2019.

1. I have tried to de-activate auto update with NO success. How do I accomplish this.

I am NOT a geek so please use language that doesn't require a phd in computer science PLEASE and THANK YOU

:)

GaryLillig, Nov 13, 2019
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Nov 13, 2019
  3. Kreij Win User
    Microsoft Auto-Updates Components of Windows Without User Permission

The nine files that are updated all have to do with the Auto-Updater itself.
    The article lists them all. No big deal.

I run auto-update anyway, so BRING ON THE NEW UPDATES !!!
    I have yet to experience any problems from MS updates on my XP network.

Kreij, Nov 13, 2019
  4. ninnyjams Win User

I have tried to de-activate auto update with NO success. How do I accomplish this.

Multiple updates fail, Windows Defender won't start, can't activate

Alright so ... the first step did not work. It got stuck at verification 100 percent and I verified that it was not doing anything else via task manager. The second step, followed by the first step again, also did not work. But the third step did! After running the third step, Windows Defender works, those three updates installed fine and I'm good to go!

Well ... almost. I still can't activate. Does anybody have any advice there? I opened Microsoft Edge, went to the Windows Store app and then checked but I still am not activated. I've tried clicking the activate button around 200 times (had an auto-clicker attempt it, even)

EDIT: The activation error I'm getting is Error code: 0xC004F012 The Software Licensing Service has reported that the call has failed because the value for the input key was not found.

ninnyjams, Nov 13, 2019
Thema:

I have tried to de-activate auto update with NO success. How do I accomplish this.

1. I have tried to de-activate auto update with NO success. How do I accomplish this. - Similar Threads - tried activate auto

2. i have error trying to do a windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i have error trying to do a windows update: I have a blue screen error, I try to update window but dont let me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-error-trying-to-do-a-windows-update/6aa6735c-b963-4b7c-b358-340f48c98dc0
  3. i have been trying to add Arabic keyboard with no success

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have been trying to add Arabic keyboard with no success: I would like to have Arabic and Persian keyboards added to my laptop. Microsoft is not that helpful. Whoever in charge of this please help. I have been on this for hours....
  4. i have been trying to add Arabic keyboard with no success

i have been trying to add Arabic keyboard with no success: I would like to have Arabic and Persian keyboards added to my laptop. Microsoft is not that helpful. Whoever in charge of this please help. I have been on this for hours....
  5. How do i permanently disable auto updates?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i permanently disable auto updates?: Me computer constantly tries to "update" windows regardless of if the "update" works or not, it does this every time i turn it on and it makes booting up my pc take ages. Most of the time it says update failed undoing changes, but a few times it "successfully updated" and...
  6. I have 3 monitors but want a wallpaper to span across only two of them. How do I accomplish...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have 3 monitors but want a wallpaper to span across only two of them. How do I accomplish...: Heya fellas! Question is fairly straight forward; I have three monitors, one of which is my drawing tablet to the side. However, I want my two main monitors (1440p and 1080p) that are side-by-side to share a spanned wallpaper without Windows stretching the wallpaper across...
  7. I need to create a whitelist for an app. How is that accomplished?

I need to create a whitelist for an app. How is that accomplished?: Using PhraseExpress to help speed up my typing. They give me an error that one or even all of my security programs is causing a problem. Keyloggers and the like. How can I create a whitelist isn't the same as Windows Firewall? which they say can help with malware and...
  8. sending pdf files to federal credit unions how do i accomplish this?

in Windows 10 Customization
    sending pdf files to federal credit unions how do i accomplish this?: have tried to send pdf docs to my my credit union is there a program in windows 10 to do this easily. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sending-pdf-files-to-federal-credit-unions-how-do/8c7e7d9e-9d8d-48f4-8051-4c56ec44cecf
  9. I do not have sets, how do I activate them?

in Windows 10 Customization
    I do not have sets, how do I activate them?: I have windows 10 build 17711 I have not sets on my configuration/system/multitask I have not sets policies on my gpedit.msc/administrative templates/windows components I've tried to enable them with match2 on cmd as administrator, but nothing anyone knows what is happened?...
  10. How do I accomplish renaming bulky indexed files to smaller number?

How do I accomplish renaming bulky indexed files to smaller number?: How do I accomplish renaming bulky indexed files to its smaller index number, with any kind of tools ? That is to rename 1.c -> 0.c 2.c -> 1.c ... 7.c -> 6.c 8.c -> 7.c 9.c -> 8.c ... ... (in large numbers of files.) Thank so much in advance 99398