Windows 10: i have tried using ethernet but no internet is detected

Discus and support i have tried using ethernet but no internet is detected in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; recently I have routed a ethernet cable under my house and set up a socket in the wall but when I plugged the ethernet into my router and my computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by meelo-, Sep 18, 2020.

1. meelo- Win User

i have tried using ethernet but no internet is detected

recently I have routed a ethernet cable under my house and set up a socket in the wall but when I plugged the ethernet into my router and my computer it says unidentified network and no internet access. I don't know what the problem may be but I hope somebody else will.

:)

meelo-, Sep 18, 2020

2. Ethernet detected but "No Internet Access"

Hello, first post or whatever and it's a call for help, so my laptop's ethernet port and/or the network driver itself seems to be having problems, specifically it can detect the ethernet but no internet access, so I bought a USB 3.0 to Ethernet adapter
    (ASIX AX88179) since I need a good wired internet connection compared to wireless. So I've already installed the Asix driver for Windows 10 for the adapter and it detects the ethernet but still no internet access. I've tried the disable-enable within the control
    panel and device manager but nothing changed.

My laptop's in Windows 10. My USB drivers are updated, I can access internet via wifi but I need the stability of wired connection. I've disabled/uninstalled VPNs and firewall to no avail.

I've browsed online on other solutions but having no feedback on what I'm getting on my command prompt is getting me nowhere since I'm not really versed on computer setting stuff.

That is all. Thanks in advance.

Obv Not Real Name, Sep 18, 2020
  3. Windows 10 after upgade to 1709 if keyboard not plugged then ethernet device is not detected.

When I start my windows 10 (1709 build) without plugging keyboard and mouse, it does not detect Ethernet card.

Mother board is of Intel and Ethernet is on board (integrated).

I have also installed latest Ethernet driver by auto updated drivers from internet.

Steps:

Shutdown pc

Remove keyboard and mouse

Keep lan cable plugged

Start pc

Ethernet device is not detected. It shows in list in Device manager screen. but with Yellow triangle.

Then I need to plug keyboard and just do a hardware scan then Ethernet is detected and all ok after that.

When I start with keyboard and mouse plugged in then it detects Ethernet card and available on LAN.

Am I missing something?

Rajeev_Mehta, Sep 18, 2020
  4. Troy_514 Win User

Issues with ethernet connection.

Thanks for the response.

Results for step A:

The internet troubleshooter did not detect any problems. On the network adaptor troubleshooter, I noticed that my ethernet adaptor wasn't even listed in the adaptors to diagnose. I tried resetting the network but it didn't solve the problem.

Results for step B:

No troubleshooting solutions worked and the ethernet did not change.

Results for step C:

The update troubleshooter did detect that a new update has been released but I would need internet to install. Also when I tried to run an SSU, it would give me an error displaying how it's not compatible with my system even though I made sure to download
    a 64-bit version.

Results for step D:

I installed the Windows Media Creation Tool and it required internet to download necessary files, giving me error code 0x80072EE7 - 0X20000

So I have seemed to hit stumps with each one of these solutions, is there other fixes to try or workarounds to try step D without internet. Thanks again.

Troy_514, Sep 18, 2020
Thema:

1. i have tried using ethernet but no internet is detected - Similar Threads - tried using ethernet

2. No internet using ethernet cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No internet using ethernet cable: Hey,I have had my internet running for almost a year with no issues, now suddenly i just stops working and i am lost why.My PC doesnt want to connect to internet using the ethernet cable, wifi works fine and has no issues.Its not my cable as i unplugged it from my PC and on...
  3. No internet using ethernet cable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No internet using ethernet cable: Hey,I have had my internet running for almost a year with no issues, now suddenly i just stops working and i am lost why.My PC doesnt want to connect to internet using the ethernet cable, wifi works fine and has no issues.Its not my cable as i unplugged it from my PC and on...
  4. I can't connect to the internet using Ethernet.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't connect to the internet using Ethernet.: I can't connect to the internet using Ethernet wire on my laptop. It started after I installed windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-connect-to-the-internet-using-ethernet/3ba36f6b-589b-4b97-8483-d6147651995c
  5. I can't connect to the internet using Ethernet.

I can't connect to the internet using Ethernet.: I can't connect to the internet using Ethernet wire on my laptop. It started after I installed windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-connect-to-the-internet-using-ethernet/3ba36f6b-589b-4b97-8483-d6147651995c
  6. i cannot use the internet i only have ethernet as an option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i cannot use the internet i only have ethernet as an option: help i think i’m missing a driver or something. i can’t use wireless internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-use-the-internet-i-only-have-ethernet-as/b53d0e10-c27d-4fc8-86b5-e008040ac5c1
  7. i cannot use the internet i only have ethernet as an option

i cannot use the internet i only have ethernet as an option: help i think i’m missing a driver or something. i can’t use wireless internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-use-the-internet-i-only-have-ethernet-as/b53d0e10-c27d-4fc8-86b5-e008040ac5c1
  8. i cannot use the internet i only have ethernet as an option

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. No internet access using ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No internet access using ethernet: Good afternoon everyone, I was just browsing the Internet, then i was about to watch a video and it wouldn't load . So i restarted my pc and once everything loaded the ethernet icon said no internet so i looked into this further and in the network status page it said no...
  10. Ethernet detected but "No Internet Access"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ethernet detected but "No Internet Access": Hello, first post or whatever and it's a call for help, so my laptop's ethernet port and/or the network driver itself seems to be having problems, specifically it can detect the ethernet but no internet access, so I bought a USB 3.0 to Ethernet adapter ASIX AX88179 since I...