Windows 10: I have try just about everything to turn off my laptop keyboard and still I am still am...

Discus and support I have try just about everything to turn off my laptop keyboard and still I am still am... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello so I have recently gotten a external wire keyboard for my laptop because my d key is broken. So I looked into how to disable/uninstall my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JoshRiley1, Jul 1, 2020.

1. I have try just about everything to turn off my laptop keyboard and still I am still am...

Hello so I have recently gotten a external wire keyboard for my laptop because my d key is broken. So I looked into how to disable/uninstall my internal laptop keyboard. I have try uninstalling the driver for my keyboard which I know is only a short fix but this doesn't work before the restart. Another thing I have try was updating the device to a non compatible driver that also didn't work. And it seems like these tend to work for a decent amount people because I have a hard time finding someone with my issue and that's why I am here.

:)

JoshRiley1, Jul 1, 2020
  2. Newbee Win User

This is still not helping me. I am still getting Error: 0x800f081f

*Sad*Sad
    This is still not helping me. I am still getting Error: 0x800f081f*Sad*cry*cry

Newbee, Jul 1, 2020
  3. dwen Win User
    Why am I still on 1809?

I thought I'd reply to this thread since I found it during a search when I was having problems updating my Lenovo Yoga 900 (2017 model).

I was on the 1803 version of Windows 10, and it wouldn't update to either 1809 or 1909. The computer tried to do it itself automatically several times, but it always came back with an error message. My manual tries were no better. I forget the error code, but a Google search of the number suggested it might be a storage space issue, which was certainly not the case with me.

The machine would get hung up on a dark screen after the install and "final" restart, and the hard disk would be spinning like mad but I couldn't see anything happening on the screen, even if I left it alone for several hours (which I did once). So each time I had to do a hard reboot. That really made me uneasy, but each time it automatically went back to the old version (after several nervous minutes). Then I found this thread.

I tried to use the RegEdit approach, but that didn't help since there were many subdirectories under the folder "Control" and I didn't whihc key was to be reset to "0". I then used EdTittle's approach, but still no good.

Then I read a trouble shooting thread from Microsoft, and one item they listed was "remove all peripherals." I am using a Targus docking system and dual monitors along with wired external keyboard and mouse, so I unplugged the Targus from the computer (which turned off all peripherals) and then used the "EdTittle approach" again. It worked, so it must have been the peripherals. I suppose I should have been more suspicious of this sooner. Anyways, I am now updated to 1909.

Thanks to all of you who contributed to this thread. Although I didn't find the specific solution here, it kept me going -- I was about to say to heck with it. After all, I had tried doing the update 5 times at least (in addition to the machine's automatic attempts) over a period of a few months.

dwen, Jul 1, 2020
  4. I have try just about everything to turn off my laptop keyboard and still I am still am...

I am trying to disable my laptop keyboard through the device manager, but the driver keeps getting reinstalled at startup.

I am trying to disable my laptop keyboard by uninstalling it through the device manager. After doing so, it says I need to restart my computer. I do so, but it seems to reinstall the driver when it starts up, so it is still working. I've tried turning
    off Window's automatic driver updating, but that doesn't seem to make a difference either. Any suggestions?

SteveParker77, Jul 1, 2020
Thema:

I have try just about everything to turn off my laptop keyboard and still I am still am...

1. I have try just about everything to turn off my laptop keyboard and still I am still am... - Similar Threads - try everything turn

2. I am still having trouble with my dell laptop still unexpectedly turning off again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am still having trouble with my dell laptop still unexpectedly turning off again: HI I am still having a probem with my laptop unexpectedly shutting down. This afternoon my dell laptop shutdown unexpectedly. So Intel got back to me and said for me to look at their previous post. In their previous post it said to run some dignostic tools and to run this...
  3. I am still having trouble with my dell laptop still unexpectedly turning off again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am still having trouble with my dell laptop still unexpectedly turning off again: HI I am still having a probem with my laptop unexpectedly shutting down. This afternoon my dell laptop shutdown unexpectedly. So Intel got back to me and said for me to look at their previous post. In their previous post it said to run some dignostic tools and to run this...
  4. Why am I having still 22H2?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I having still 22H2?: I have installed Win11 this January and am constantly getting updates on monthly basis.Yet when I typed winver in cmd I see 22H2 version instead 23H something latest should be H2What is going on?...
  5. Why am I having still 22H2?

Why am I having still 22H2?: I have installed Win11 this January and am constantly getting updates on monthly basis.Yet when I typed winver in cmd I see 22H2 version instead 23H something latest should be H2What is going on?...
  6. I am trying to turn off the narrator.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am trying to turn off the narrator.: I know you can press ctr + b to on/off the narrator but I want it completely gone.Like I want it to be turned off even if I do ctrl + BPlease help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-trying-to-turn-off-the-narrator/982f9d60-4dc1-4648-8517-67fc47f94ae8
  7. I am trying to turn off the narrator.

I am trying to turn off the narrator.: I know you can press ctr + b to on/off the narrator but I want it completely gone.Like I want it to be turned off even if I do ctrl + BPlease help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-trying-to-turn-off-the-narrator/982f9d60-4dc1-4648-8517-67fc47f94ae8
  8. I am still not happy about my Microsoft password.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I am still not happy about my Microsoft password.: I now Know that a Microsoft password and a local password are different. I didn't understand this for years. And a Hotmail password is different. I made my main Email address a Gmail address as I much prefer using Gmail to Hotmail. When I log onto Microsoft it correctly...
  9. I am still waiting for the solution

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I am still waiting for the solution: [ATTACH] How bad search is behaving here... Search openend Search window Searching Window Resetting didn't help either... submitted by /u/ashuraaz23 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/etpq38/i_am_still_waiting_for_the_solution/
  10. Why am I still on 1809?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why am I still on 1809?: (Windows 10 Home) I just checked and I’m on Windows 1809 and it says my system is up to date. 1903 came out in May 2019. Why am I still on 1809? What is preventing my automatic upgrade to 1903? Should I try to upgrade to 1903? Thx,...