Windows 10: I have tured OFF Windows Defender, but it still checks and deletes files i download.

Discus and support I have tured OFF Windows Defender, but it still checks and deletes files i download. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; This problem is only on my Laptop. and i have had this problem several times before, all i could do was to REinstall windows. BUT THIS TIME i hope... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Erik Mulstad, Oct 1, 2019.

1. I have tured OFF Windows Defender, but it still checks and deletes files i download.

This problem is only on my Laptop. and i have had this problem several times before, all i could do was to REinstall windows. BUT THIS TIME i hope SOME OF YOU COULD HELP ME FIX this problem. I have installed AVG antivirus, i have tried to install Norton 360, i have tried to turn off Windows "true scanning" but it still checks and deletes files that i download. This is wery BAD. SO WHAT TO DO.
    ( am from Norway, so the English is not so good. ) i do all my updates. Now i am 2 sec away, from throwing this piece of S*it out the window.

Pleace help me. maybe pointing me to someplace in the Register, where i can END autoscan

Rgds Erik Mulstad

:)

Erik Mulstad, Oct 1, 2019

2. All files on Downloads folder gone after updating windows defender

Hi,

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. We will help you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to recover the deleted files in Windows Defender and check if it helps.

• In the search box type as ‘Windows Defender’ and click on it.
    • Under the tab ‘History’ select the option ‘Quarantined items’.
    • Click on ‘View Details’ and check if any files are available.
    • If the files are present then click on the file and click on ‘Restore’.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Oct 1, 2019
  3. John Sarc Win User
    Windows Defender Blocking Installations of Downloaded Apps

Hi Craig,

There's a possibility that the SmartScreen option is on that's why you're unable to install downloaded apps. Let's try to turn it off and see if it helps. See the steps below:

• Open Windows Defender Security Center from your Start menu, desktop, or taskbar.
    • Click on the App and browser control button on the left side of the window.
    • Click on Off in the Check apps and files section.

Let us know if the suggestion helps you out.

John Sarc, Oct 1, 2019
  4. I have tured OFF Windows Defender, but it still checks and deletes files i download.

Windows Defender Blocking Installations of Downloaded Apps

Pictures

edouardlesly1, Oct 1, 2019
Thema:

I have tured OFF Windows Defender, but it still checks and deletes files i download.

1. I have tured OFF Windows Defender, but it still checks and deletes files i download. - Similar Threads - tured OFF Defender

2. Windows Defender off but still deleting files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender off but still deleting files: Hello. I have force-disabled Windows Defender by turning off real-time protection in the registry editor and disabling tamper protection so that it will not turn itself back on. All settings are greyed out and off, and yet Windows Defender still automatically deletes my files...
  3. Windows Defender off but still deleting files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender off but still deleting files: Hello. I have force-disabled Windows Defender by turning off real-time protection in the registry editor and disabling tamper protection so that it will not turn itself back on. All settings are greyed out and off, and yet Windows Defender still automatically deletes my files...
  4. I cant update my windows and my pc keeps turing off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant update my windows and my pc keeps turing off: I just reinstalled windows 'a fresh start' after a bit my pc just randomly started shutting off after i put it under a bit more stress which never happened before the reinstallation also my windows cant update everytime i press check for update it finds a bunch of them with a...
  5. check if i have ESD file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    check if i have ESD file: My computer is usually slow so I use Disk Cleanup frequently, when it shows me some box list, I just tick all of them. I recently read that i should not delete some file and one of that is ESD file. I do not remember if I delete that file or not and i do not see it in my Disk...
  6. check if i have ESD file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    check if i have ESD file: My computer is usually slow so I use Disk Cleanup frequently, when it shows me some box list, I just tick all of them. I recently read that i should not delete some file and one of that is ESD file. I do not remember if I delete that file or not and i do not see it in my Disk...
  7. check if i have ESD file

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Can I keep Defender on but not have it delete suspicious files?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I keep Defender on but not have it delete suspicious files?: I don't mind knowing a file can be suspicious, I just dont want it to delete it unless I tell it to any way to do that? maybe in the registry? submitted by /u/Jaylay99 [link] [comments]...
  9. Windows Defender still showing PUA's that have been deleted

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender still showing PUA's that have been deleted: I did a scan 2 weeks ago and Windows Defender found 3 PUA's. I pressed "start actions" to delete these but every time I did a scan since then, they would still show. I manually deleted them (they were on an external drive) and they are definitely now deleted but they still...
  10. Windows defender deleting downloaded file that does not have a virus (thinks it does)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender deleting downloaded file that does not have a virus (thinks it does): Windows defender is erroneously deleting a downloaded file - how can this be corrected? The file being downloaded is from a trusted source....