Windows 10: I have turned off app time limits for my son but he is still being limited

Discus and support I have turned off app time limits for my son but he is still being limited in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I had at one point turned on app time limits but I have since turned them off. But he is still getting blocked and has to request additional time from... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by MichaelRosen, May 4, 2020.

1. I have turned off app time limits for my son but he is still being limited

I had at one point turned on app time limits but I have since turned them off. But he is still getting blocked and has to request additional time from me.

How do I fix this?

Thanks.

:)

MichaelRosen, May 4, 2020
  2. SiBrown Win User

Microsoft Family does not limit my sons time on his computer

I have got Microsoft Family on my sons computer. I have set screentime limits. I have not set any app limits yet. The PC runs Windows 10.

Every day I get "your son would like more screen time". Only ONCE has it ever locked him out. He has limits of 3 hours per day on the computer. At the end of the week I get the very nice report as to how much time he has spent on his computer. It suggests
    that screentime for last week was 110 hours.

So how is that possible on 3 hours per day? It's not. The system just DOES NOT work.

Regards,

Simon

SiBrown, May 4, 2020
  3. time limits in family not working

Hi Barbara,

We would like to know more details about your concern about the Family Safety time limit that is not working so we can better assist you. Kindly answer the following:

• Does it happen only with particular child account?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we would suggest that you refer to this
    support link
    on how to set up screen time limits for your child.

We look forward to your response.

Marilou Ser, May 4, 2020
  4. I have turned off app time limits for my son but he is still being limited

screen limits wont turn off

Hi Colleen,

The challenge that you are experiencing with your son's screen time limits can occur due to several reasons, such as, an outdated Family Safety, an expired account, etc. To resolve your concern, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps in this
    article:
    Fix screen time limits not working in Windows 10
    . To learn more about the available troubleshooting steps for family features, kindly click on
    Read more about troubleshooting family features (in English).

Let us know if you need further assistance with your concern.

Joshua Her1, May 4, 2020
Thema:

I have turned off app time limits for my son but he is still being limited

1. I have turned off app time limits for my son but he is still being limited - Similar Threads - turned off app

2. Family safety time limit not limiting time?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family safety time limit not limiting time?: I've set a 30min limit on Saturday and Sundays for my son but he is able to carry on for longer without the limit stopping him. How do I make it work?...
  3. Family safety time limit not limiting time?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family safety time limit not limiting time?: I've set a 30min limit on Saturday and Sundays for my son but he is able to carry on for longer without the limit stopping him. How do I make it work?...
  4. App time limits won’t turn off

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    App time limits won’t turn off: I have my son a a family account. I recieve updates on his usage each week, however I don’t set any time limits on usage of the deviecs or apps. Since Tuesday this week he started getting notificatoins that he had reached a time limit on chrome and other apps. He had to...
  5. Turned off all time/app limits on daughter's computer but she is still not able to use...

Turned off all time/app limits on daughter's computer but she is still not able to use...: My daughter is trying to do her school work on google chrome and every time she tries to open google chrome it says she needs to ask permission for more time. I've gone into her device on my microsoft account and removed all time/app limits and it still is not working. I've...
  6. Turn off kids time limit

Turn off kids time limit: Hi, We have been trying to turn off the timer for apps on my daughter's PC. She is, like others, doing school and other work from home now and having to dole out minutes is a pain. I've gone into our account and flipped the switch on her account to turn off time limits...
  7. Screen time/app limits

Screen time/app limits: I have never set up app/screen time limits, suddenly I am being asked to give myself permission to use Chrome despite not having enabled this setting in my family group. Obviously I can give myself permission but it seems strange that this suddenly became an issue. Has...
  8. screen and app time limits

screen and app time limits: I keep getting a notification that I need a parent's I am the parentpermission for more time on Chrome but I have no time limits set on any device on my account. Does anyone know how to fix this?...
  9. App and game limits being enforced for chrome, even though they are turned off

App and game limits being enforced for chrome, even though they are turned off: Both of my child's accounts asked for time for Google Chrome this morning. Nothing has been changed on the family features and app and game limits have always been off, but now, every 3 hours, they have to request a time extension [ATTACH] Can anyone shed any light on why...
  10. No time limits set, but still limiting time

No time limits set, but still limiting time: I have kids who need to use Google Chrome for distance learning. When I enabled that app for them, it set a time limit. I have removed all app time limits on the kids accounts, but one of them is still blocked from using Chrome unless he asks an adult. How can I fix this...