Windows 10: I have turned on screenshot backup in onedrive but still backup is not happening

Discus and support I have turned on screenshot backup in onedrive but still backup is not happening in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Mr_Awsome7 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Mr_Awsome7, Aug 18, 2020.

1. I have turned on screenshot backup in onedrive but still backup is not happening

/u/Mr_Awsome7, Aug 18, 2020
  2. kernrsn Win User

W10 Mobile Lumia 830 Backup Not Being Saved to OneDrive

Thanks Chari San,

I understand I can not see what is contained in the backup stored on OneDrive, but I should see them listed. In my case there is not one being stored at all even though the phone reports it has backed up. See screenshots from OneDrive from my phone logged
    into the same account the phone is and the backup settings page above. Without the backup on OneDrive my restored phone will lose at least call history, start screen setup and installed app list from what I have found.

Step #2 is not displayed on the new phone. (How can it restore a backup that is not on OneDrive at all). It skips over that step and I get a default install on the new phone without my call history, start page or app history. I'm not sure what else I
    might be missing but for sure at least those 3 items do not come across.

How do I resolve this issue? Suggestions?

kernrsn, Aug 18, 2020
  3. Geekoid Win User
    Using network hard drive for backup

It depends what sort of backup you want to do. If you're happy just backing up regular files, then there are a bazillion (really, that many!) different bits of freeware to do that. There is a good list here:

Download Back Up Tools for Windows - MajorGeeks

and pretty much all of them can do network backups. Some even have fancy options like encryption. Really, the most useful thing is just being able to schedule them and know they ran OK.

You may also want to make a system image backup too, and you'll find that software in the very same list.

I don't have Windows 8 as yet, so I'm afraid I can't suggest any for that platform. Personally, I use Clonezilla for image backups.

Geekoid, Aug 18, 2020
  4. Entegy Win User

I have turned on screenshot backup in onedrive but still backup is not happening

device backup on onedrive

TomBrad95 is slightly wrong. There's nothing wrong with your backup, it's just that showing up as a device backup in OneDrive wasn't added until WP8.1. WP8.1 backs up more stuff, which makes it appear in the OneDrive list of devices.

Is your Microsoft account syncing? Is text message backup on? If yes, then you're fine.

Entegy, Aug 18, 2020
Thema:

I have turned on screenshot backup in onedrive but still backup is not happening

1. I have turned on screenshot backup in onedrive but still backup is not happening - Similar Threads - turned screenshot backup

2. OneDrive Backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive Backup: Hello - I want to enable OneDrive to backup my core folders to OneDrive documents, photos, video, etc but one OneDrive I want them put into a specific location. For example my computer is an Alienware so I want to create a folder on OneDrive called Alienware, and have the...
  3. onedrive backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    onedrive backup: i have a personal onedrive account with an outlook.com email address and would like to use another cloud service to do a back up. I tried idrive but it does not seem to allow it only for corporate accounts although I do have office 365 on my subscription...
  4. onedrive backup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    onedrive backup: i have a personal onedrive account with an outlook.com email address and would like to use another cloud service to do a back up. I tried idrive but it does not seem to allow it only for corporate accounts although I do have office 365 on my subscription...
  5. Turn off Backup Feature of OneDrive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Turn off Backup Feature of OneDrive: According to this support entry, I should see a "stop backup" option under the items OneDrive is trying to backup. I do not. Instead I see an error because ultimately what its trying to backup is too large. How can I get OneDrive to stop trying to do so, while still retaining...
  6. OneDrive backup

OneDrive backup: I've been with you almost a year and all this time I thought I was set up to have certain folders udated daily to your system. but not so. How do I set that up on W-10? RS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-backup/e67b185c-91fb-4ed0-b383-657e1dbb8f16
  7. Backup to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Backup to OneDrive: Hi there, My WD Passport external drive is full and I've decided that for many reasons I'd probably be better off saving to OneDrive - only problem is that even after remv9ng G; as the backup destination in Settings I cannot find where I can load OneDriave as the target. All...
  8. OneDrive backup

OneDrive backup: First - I'm a total novice. My computer's hard drive fried - literally. It is non-recoverable Lost everything. My question is - is the OneDrive backup located on that hard drive, or is it somewhere in the cloud? If the latter, is there a way to access it. Say "YES"!...
  9. Backup and OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Backup and OneDrive: Is there a way to Backup (i.e. use File History) Directly to OneDrive rather than copying the File History folder to the OneDrive section of my PC? thans. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backup-and-onedrive/e4bb32b8-7572-4c20-a050-b16abea2d075"
  10. Backup to Onedrive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup to Onedrive: I guess I'm still not clear on how this works... I'm trying to backup everything I have in these folders on my PC to Onedrive, but I all seem to find is how I backup, or sync rather, what's in these folders on Onedrive to my PC. At the same time, Backup using file history...