Windows 10: I have two Cell phones with different #s: How to add BOTH to Phone Companion

Discus and support I have two Cell phones with different #s: How to add BOTH to Phone Companion in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there, I am not sure this is possible. When I try to add a device and click "phone," it tells me to install Phone Companion, which of course, is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AmyPagnozzi1, Apr 25, 2020.

1. I have two Cell phones with different #s: How to add BOTH to Phone Companion

Hi there, I am not sure this is possible. When I try to add a device and click "phone," it tells me to install Phone Companion, which of course, is already installed and connected to my other phone.

So as it stands now. although I have two computers connected to my Microsoft account, only one phone shows up.

Thanks for your help!

PS:

I am guessing you cannot help with Microsoft Rewards but I do have a suggestion that I'm trying to disseminate as widely as possible

If often happens in the Bing app and on PC that reward points stop accruing for searches than this will suddenly right itself a few days later.

The process for reporting this is cumbersome and frankly useless as all of us members have already followed all the tech support suggestions to no avail and by the time we receive a personal tech support email the problem has resolved. It seems to be self-correcting condition -- points stop accruing and then a few days later they start accruing again.

Anyhow, a simple button to click inside the app to report the fact that points aren't accruing would save everybody lots of time. Thanks!

:)

AmyPagnozzi1, Apr 25, 2020
  2. twilyth Win User

Blocking Cell Phone Numbers

Here's one way to get around the problem. It's kludgy but it should work.

Get a VOIP based phone service or a magic jack. For 24/7 access, you're better off with VOIP that uses an ethernet adapter, but that's up to the user.

The important point is to find one that lets you create your own "black list" of callers. Usually they will have both black and white list options and these are usually a subcategory under the "do not disturb" or similar feature.

The provider will usually let you create a second number for $5-10 per month. You'll use this for your cell phone number. If it is ever compromised, you can change it easily without affecting the base number.

Forward the second number to your cell phone and give everyone that one as your "cell phone" number. There will be a delay of a few seconds as calls get routed, but who cares. It's not like any of us is on Obama's speed dial right?

Now when you get assholes calling you, just add them to the black list.

You can also block calls w/o caller id this way if your cell phone co. doesn't already do that for you.

twilyth, Apr 25, 2020
  3. 1Strive Win User
    What Cell Phone? (or smart phone?)

I just got back to the USA from almost 4 years in the UK.

This has given me the chance to get a new Cell Phone. But now everyone has Phones that do e-mail, web, pics, video, streaming media, navigation, and so on.

I have no clue what to get.

I liked my friends "Windows Smart Phone." I had all the stuff I wanted, like watching downloaded shows in MPEG4, DivX and doing e-mail and IM.

However, I don't remember what he had. lol

What do yall think? any suggestions?

I want a phone that I can watch my downloaded TV shows on DivX .avi and does e-mail.

1Strive, Apr 25, 2020
  4. I have two Cell phones with different #s: How to add BOTH to Phone Companion

California to Ban Cell Phones/Laptops/Mobile Devices on Road

Ive almost been hit 100 times by folks talking on their damn cell phones and not paying attention. About time someone stepped up and did something.

WarEagleAU, Apr 25, 2020
Thema:

I have two Cell phones with different #s: How to add BOTH to Phone Companion

1. I have two Cell phones with different #s: How to add BOTH to Phone Companion - Similar Threads - Cell phones different

2. Cell phone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cell phone: I’m trying to Change my cell phone number but don’t have access to my old phone number But have have all the info it needs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cell-phone/67a833de-74e1-4e7a-a605-51d7199ba0df
  3. Cell phone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cell phone: I’m trying to Change my cell phone number but don’t have access to my old phone number But have have all the info it needs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cell-phone/67a833de-74e1-4e7a-a605-51d7199ba0df
  4. I have two Microsoft Accounts and one cell phone number.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have two Microsoft Accounts and one cell phone number.: Good morning, I have two Microsoft Accounts, both of which have the same mobile phone number. Each day I have to re-set these accounts as they don't like sharing a phone number. Can I fix this problem without having a 2nd phone?Thank you....
  5. I have two Microsoft Accounts and one cell phone number.

I have two Microsoft Accounts and one cell phone number.: Good morning, I have two Microsoft Accounts, both of which have the same mobile phone number. Each day I have to re-set these accounts as they don't like sharing a phone number. Can I fix this problem without having a 2nd phone?Thank you....
  6. Phone Companion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Companion: Good morning. I would like to delete the Phone Companion from my laptop. Would appreciate advice on how to do it. Thank you, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/phone-companion/b3e43493-32be-40f4-ad82-bb304829feea
  7. Phone Companion

Phone Companion: Good morning. I would like to delete the Phone Companion from my laptop. Would appreciate advice on how to do it. Thank you, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/phone-companion/b3e43493-32be-40f4-ad82-bb304829feea
  8. Phone companion/Your phone.

Phone companion/Your phone.: Following situation: Windows 10 PC with 1909 installed, and Your Phone app YPC properly installed. Android Phone Moto G6 with MS YPC installed. All settings set according to MS: Bluetooth etc., etc. In W 10 Settings > Phone shows that the phone is linked: Moto G6. The W 10...
  9. Can't add Cell Phone To Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't add Cell Phone To Account: To verify my ID when signing in to my MS account it asks to send a code to my email address or my land line phone. When I try to add my cell phone number to my Contact profile, it states that number is already taken. Also, I do not see even my land line number listed. I do...
  10. Phone Companion

in Windows 10 Customization
    Phone Companion: I am running the phone companion on my phone and Surface the two devices are Linked. It says I can use my mobile data and not wifi I turned it on in the app but now what? What do I connect to or how to set it up?...