Windows 10: I have two different accounts on the same laptop and I do not want the same programs and...

Discus and support I have two different accounts on the same laptop and I do not want the same programs and... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Okay so I recently got a omen gaming laptop, I use one account for work and the other for home stuff and gaming. Anytime I create a new folder or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/cementshoes457, Aug 11, 2020.

1. I have two different accounts on the same laptop and I do not want the same programs and...

Okay so I recently got a omen gaming laptop, I use one account for work and the other for home stuff and gaming. Anytime I create a new folder or download a new game on one account or the other, they appear on the other accounts. How do I stop this from happening?

submitted by /u/cementshoes457
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/cementshoes457, Aug 11, 2020

2. "Chinese Characters" program delaying shutdown - a different approach.

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

• As you have mentioned this happens only in the Admin account, is it local account set as admin account or the Microsoft account?
    I would suggest you to check the all apps list and check if that Chinese character app is present.

After you try the above steps and share us the results what happens we can proceed with the further suggestions.

Please post us back with the results after troubleshooting the above steps and check.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Aug 11, 2020
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Aug 11, 2020
  4. I have two different accounts on the same laptop and I do not want the same programs and...

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Aug 11, 2020
Thema:

I have two different accounts on the same laptop and I do not want the same programs and...

1. I have two different accounts on the same laptop and I do not want the same programs and... - Similar Threads - different accounts same

2. I have a few laptops of same model, that have different capacities

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a few laptops of same model, that have different capacities: These laptops have the same hardware and software installed, but one laptop has 24gb available, and the other only has 19gb.I see its mainly the windows folder, as on one it takes ~20gb and the other it only takes ~14.6gb.I've don't multiple disk cleanups with admin, and am...
  3. Why do I find two different Windows7 product keys on the same laptop?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Why do I find two different Windows7 product keys on the same laptop?: I have a Samsung RF511 laptop, which I bought brand-new. It came with Windows 7 Home Premium as the OEM installed operating system. I'm preparing to upgrade it to Windows 10, so I have been doing the preparatory reading of all the excellent tutorials by @Brink on the ways to...
  4. I have two product keys to same Microsoft account on two different machines

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I have two product keys to same Microsoft account on two different machines: Hello,I have two product keys to same Microsoft account on two different machines one on my laptop and one on my PC, is it OK?i mean i log in with my same Microsoft account on my two different computers one windows home and one windows pro ....
  5. Two of the same accounts

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Two of the same accounts: I have both the same accounts on Microsoft store and it wont let me login so i cant play or login into Microsoft store anyone know how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/two-of-the-same-accounts/dba53fbd-9637-4767-b909-345e1265e519
  6. Setting two different passwords for same account?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Setting two different passwords for same account?: I'm not sure what it's actually called, but the best I can describe it is that there is one profile, and one password will open it with all the files and apps, but a different password will open it with restricted access (can only see/access certain files and apps). Is this...
  7. Two same folders have different "Size on Disk" ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Two same folders have different "Size on Disk" ?: I have two identical folders on two separate USB HDDsI copied the folder from hdd1 to hdd2, when I look at their properties , their "size" is the same....but they have a different "size on disk" .... did the files in the folder get corrupted during the transfer ? should I...
  8. How do I make two different shortcuts have the same name?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I make two different shortcuts have the same name?: I'm trying to make none of my shortcuts have a name by using the alt + 255 trick but so far I can only get one to work because only one can have no name. submitted by /u/Rogue598 [link] [comments]...
  9. Do I have two antivirus running at the same time?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Do I have two antivirus running at the same time?: Hi, I just formatted my pc and I installed avast antivirus, now I don't know if it is running alongside windows defender or not. Here 2 images [ATTACH] [ATTACH] As you can see, in the first image it shows as enabled but in the other image it only shows avast. So, am I...
  10. I want to connect two headphones at a same time.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I want to connect two headphones at a same time.: I've been trying videos on youtube but it doesn't work. My PC build is one of the latest one so far... So I want to enjoy the sound with my brother, so I would like you to help me. USB headphone is connect on the front and the port headphone is connected in the back of my PC....