Windows 10: I have two display adapters showing...

Discus and support I have two display adapters showing... in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Looking at Display Adapters in Device Manager of my Thinkpad 540p laptop I see two display adapters listed, an Intel HD Graphics 4600 and an NVIDIA... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by rafikiphoto, Feb 16, 2017.

1. I have two display adapters showing...

Looking at Display Adapters in Device Manager of my Thinkpad 540p laptop I see two display adapters listed, an Intel HD Graphics 4600 and an NVIDIA GeForce GT730M. The reason I was looking was that I am having some issues with some photo display software and it was suggested that hardware GPU acceleration could be the problem and I was checking that the drivers are up to date (they are). My question is: do I need both these adapters to be enabled? Could they be conflicting? I am hesitant to disable anything without asking advice first. Can I disable (say) the Intel adapter without seriously disabling my machine?

:)

rafikiphoto, Feb 16, 2017

2. Two Display Adapters showing after Microsoft 10 upgrade

I'm having the same issue. I also tried to update, as well as run the troubleshooter. I'm still having issues with my NVIDIA Quadro 600 and my NVIDIA Quadro FX 580. Prior to upgrading to 10 I could run dual displays and now I have the exclamation mark
    and can only output to a single display...Can anyone offer some assistance?

JustinDaul, Feb 16, 2017
  3. StefanM74 Win User
    Two Display Adapters showing after Microsoft 10 upgrade

I did what you told me and I received the following message:

Troubleshooting has completed

The troubleshooter made some changes to your system. Try attempting the taks you were trying to do before.

Problems found

AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5000 Series is not working properly Detected with a yellow triangle and exclamation point.

I am still experiencing the same problem.

StefanM74, Feb 16, 2017
  4. I have two display adapters showing...

It's referred to as switchable graphics. It's quit common these days on tablets and laptops. My ASUS laptop has an AMD Radeon HD 7660G and a 7670M. With the proper drivers installed the PC can switch between the two on the fly without you even noticing it. I can also manually set which one is used for certain programs if I want via Catalyst Control Center. You may be able to do the same with the software installed by the OEM. I don't have a similar system so I can't tell you where to look though. Once you find those settings try the NVidia and then the Intel to see which works best for that program. I think you can also set the NVidia to do everything, not 100% sure though. With any luck somebody that has that setup will chime in with better info.

alphanumeric, Feb 16, 2017
  5. Thank you. I'll search for the controller if there is one.

6. By default it likely switches to the Intel when running on battery, to save power. Something else to keep in mind. *Wink

7. Yes, I'll bear that in mind. Thanks again.

8. I have two display adapters showing...

I don't game on my laptop so I just leave it at the defaults. And my desktop PC doesn't have switchable graphics.

9. After some searching I found that the NVIDIA control panel itself will allow one to specify the preferred adapter for individual programmes. By selecting the NVIDIA adapter for both my problem photo programmes the problem is solved. Thanks for the pointers.

rafikiphoto, Feb 17, 2017
  10. No problem, glad you got it sorted. *Thumbs

alphanumeric, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

I have two display adapters showing...

1. I have two display adapters showing... - Similar Threads - display adapters showing

2. I have two display adapters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have two display adapters: I have two display adapters showing AMD RadeonTM Graphics and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 laptop gpu. What happens if I disconnect the AMD Radeon? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-two-display-adapters/ebcd83ed-603b-4e60-97b1-c80ec64bb31c
  3. I have two display adapters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have two display adapters: I have two display adapters showing AMD RadeonTM Graphics and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 laptop gpu. What happens if I disconnect the AMD Radeon? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-two-display-adapters/ebcd83ed-603b-4e60-97b1-c80ec64bb31c
  4. I have two display adapters

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. My Devices display adapter graphic is showing triangle sign with ! in it i have tried many...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Devices display adapter graphic is showing triangle sign with ! in it i have tried many...: If anyone could suggest me ways to fix it it would be much of a great help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-devices-display-adapter-graphic-is-showing/a05c2967-7d07-4ec2-87db-d8d87c01fe43
  6. My Devices display adapter graphic is showing triangle sign with ! in it i have tried many...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Devices display adapter graphic is showing triangle sign with ! in it i have tried many...: If anyone could suggest me ways to fix it it would be much of a great help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-devices-display-adapter-graphic-is-showing/a05c2967-7d07-4ec2-87db-d8d87c01fe43
  7. My Devices display adapter graphic is showing triangle sign with ! in it i have tried many...

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Can I have TWO Bluetooth adapters interfaces in ONE PC ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can I have TWO Bluetooth adapters interfaces in ONE PC ?: Is is possible to install two or more than one blutooth adaptors in the same PC ? I need to connect to 8 Bluetooth devices at the same time. Bluetooth has a limitation of 7 devices per interface, going down to 3-4 considering data transfer. Can I install two different...
  9. Lenovo Laptop Has Two Display Adapters?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Lenovo Laptop Has Two Display Adapters?: Is this normal? Device Manager lists an R4 and an R5 M330. I'm experiencing issues with capture software, was told to update my drivers and discovered this. 115375
  10. Lenovo Laptop Has Two Display Adapters?

in Windows 10 Support
    Lenovo Laptop Has Two Display Adapters?: Is this normal? Device Manager lists an R4 and an R5 M330. I'm experiencing issues with capture software, was told to update my drivers and discovered this. 115375

Users found this page by searching for:

1. do i need two display adapters

2. windows 10 2 display adapters

3. shows 2 display adapters

4. why ive got two display adapters?,
  5. my computer is showing two display adapters,
  6. two display adapters listed,
  7. two display adapters in device manager two monitors,
  8. i have two display adapters radeon,
  9. i have two display adapters,
  10. showing 2 display adapters