Windows 10: I have two drives in sync using external software. A:\ and B:\. Is there anyway to make a symlink

Discus and support I have two drives in sync using external software. A:\ and B:\. Is there anyway to make a symlink in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have two drives in sync using external software. A:\ and B:\. Is there anyway to make a symlink like so. mklink /d "E:\Storage" "A:\Storage"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Poetic_Death_10, May 18, 2019.

1. I have two drives in sync using external software. A:\ and B:\. Is there anyway to make a symlink

I have two drives in sync using external software. A:\ and B:\. Is there anyway to make a symlink like so.

mklink /d "E:\Storage" "A:\Storage" "B:\Storage".

That way if drive A fails it auto points to B.

:)

Poetic_Death_10, May 18, 2019

2. External Hard Drive

To address your concern, here are the troubleshooting steps that you can try. Follow the steps below:

Uninstall and reinstall the external hard drive program.

• In the Settings app, go to System.
    • Go to Apps & features and locate the external hard drive program.
    • Uninstall the program and go to the manufacturer's website to reinstall the updated version.
    Uninstall and reinstall the Paragon driver software.

• Following the same steps mentioned above, locate the software in Apps & features
      and uninstall it.
    • After uninstalling the software, go to the manufacturer's website to reinstall it.
    To further isolate your concern, we'd also like to verify if the OneDrive app is enabled on your PC.

You can hit us back for additional help.

Kind regards.

Jennifer Cha, Jun 27, 2019
  3. External drive

Hi Richard,

There are several factors that can cause your external drive to not read DVDs even though the system is recognizing the device. This could be caused by a driver that needs to updated or corrupted files. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions
    below:

• Just to confirm, the device that is not working properly is a external DVD optical drive?
    • Were there any recent changes or updates installed on your computer?
    • Have you tried to plug the external drive to a different port on your computer?

As a initial recommendation, we suggest that your run the built in troubleshooter in Windows 10. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the Search bar and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” in the top left corner.
    • This will display the list of troubleshooters which are built-in in the computer. You can click on
      Hardware and Devices from the list and you can run the troubleshooter.

This will check for common errors that affect hardware on your computer and attempts to correct them.

We look forward to your response after completing the steps.

Jordan Dom, Jun 27, 2019
  4. Paolo Mag Win User

I have two drives in sync using external software. A:\ and B:\. Is there anyway to make a symlink

want to Format a La Cie External Drive Because the Software Genie 9 has too many versions of backup.

Hello,

To format an external USB or an external hard drive you can easily do it by accessing Computer Management. For us to assist you, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Press the Start button.
    • Type Computer Management.
    • On the left side, click on Disk Management under Storage.
    • Locate the drive that you want to format.
    • Once located, right-click on the drive and choose Format.

If the hard drive has not been formatted with the steps that we have provided above, we recommend that you contact the manufacturer of your hard drive. Some hard drive requires a software that you'll need to use just to format it.

Let us know how it goes and if you need further assistance, feel free to post back.

Paolo Mag, Jun 27, 2019
Thema:

I have two drives in sync using external software. A:\ and B:\. Is there anyway to make a symlink

1. I have two drives in sync using external software. A:\ and B:\. Is there anyway to make a symlink - Similar Threads - drives sync using

2. How to Sync Two External Hard Drives in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Sync Two External Hard Drives in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]If you want to sync two external hard drives on Windows 11/10 computer, then this post will be helpful to you. Whether you want an extra backup from one external hard drive to another or you have some other reason for doing that, it can be done easily using the free...
  3. Sync two external hard drives - not One Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sync two external hard drives - not One Drive: I am interested in syncing two 12TB external drives through my Windows 10 machine, I call them A and B. I want to be able to update the B drive every so often with organisation changes and additions that I make on my A drive automatically after choosing the moment to sync and...
  4. Sync two external hard drives - not One Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sync two external hard drives - not One Drive: I am interested in syncing two 12TB external drives through my Windows 10 machine, I call them A and B. I want to be able to update the B drive every so often with organisation changes and additions that I make on my A drive automatically after choosing the moment to sync and...
  5. Sync two external hard drives - not One Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Free software for syncing folders between pc and external hard drives?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Free software for syncing folders between pc and external hard drives?: What's the best freeware that you suggest for syncing files and folders between PC and external hard drives? 183511
  7. Can I use software installed on a SSD external drive on two different PCs?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I use software installed on a SSD external drive on two different PCs?: I wonder if it is possible to install and run software from an external ssd, on two different computers. Not at same time, but the same external harddrive. Will that work? And what about single-licensed software installed with serialnumber. Will that work on one of them,...
  8. Syncing folders to an external drive

Syncing folders to an external drive: I want an app that can sync some of my folders on my primary drive into an external drive. I already use Google Drive Sync to make copies on the cloud but I also want something local. I have tried the sync feature on AOMEI Backupper Pro which was exactly what I needed; I was...
  9. How to make a symlink?

How to make a symlink?: How do I make a symlink? submitted by /u/eliminateAidenPierce [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j9v5ug/how_to_make_a_symlink/
  10. Using B: or even A: as drive letters

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Using B: or even A: as drive letters: I stumbled of a support question in a game forum, the guy had bought a new HDD and seemingly assigned its drive letter to B: . *Eek Now, for us older geeks we do recall that A and B was reserved for floppy, but it seems Windows still has issues using those letter for...