Windows 10: I have two email addresses with the same name, except one was created by my school and the...

Discus and support I have two email addresses with the same name, except one was created by my school and the... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; how can i consolidate these emails into 1, because i notice that after a few years i get locked out of my email that was created by my school and spend... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by cwatson29, Sep 17, 2019.

1. cwatson29 Win User

I have two email addresses with the same name, except one was created by my school and the...

how can i consolidate these emails into 1, because i notice that after a few years i get locked out of my email that was created by my school and spend about a week trying to get back, regardless if i check my mail or not. i can still access my school email using the mail function on my computer, but any attempt to actually log into it fails. says my email doesnt exist. but if i got to the msn website and choose "this is an email made by me" i am logged into my "fake" account where the only emails i get are the ones from the last time i had this issue. if i choose the "this is an email created by work or an IT" i get told my account doesnt exist. except, its the exact same email address as the fake account.

since im tired of this bs, can i have all my data from the school account moved over to the fake so i can stop dealing with this?

Thanks

Crystal

Update: Educate the reason why he can no longer access his email account. Suggest to contact their School IT Admin for further assistance regarding the school email account. The customer still have access to the messages using the Mail app for Windows 10 and would like to download all of the emails from the buil-in app.

Moved from: Outlook.com / Email / Restore or recover messages

:)

cwatson29, Sep 17, 2019
  2. Bastet Win User

Win10 Mail - where's the address book?

That’s now the People app. I have two email addresses with the same name, except one was created by my school and the... :)
    If you know the contact's name or email address & they’re listed in the People app, you can start typing the first few letters of their name or email address and Mail for Windows 10 will suggest matching contacts.

Bastet, Sep 17, 2019
  3. Changing administrator email address

Hi Nooren,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1) How do you access the Windows computer? Do you use Microsoft account or local account?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Open PC settings, and click/tap on Accounts on the left side.

• Click/tap on your account on the right side, click/tap on the More account settings online link at the top of the right side.

• If this PC or device is not a trusted device, then you will be prompted to enter and submit a security code sent to your phone or alternate email address.

• In Internet Explorer, or your default web browser, click/tap on the Add or change aliases link under Account aliases.

• Click/tap on Rename under your (primary alias).

• Click/tap on Yes, rename my primary alias.

• Sign in to your Microsoft account with your new email address and password. You can close the web browser when finished.

• To Create a New Email Address to Use as your Primary Alias

• Select (dot) Create a new email address as your primary alias.

• Select if you want a new hotmail.com, live.com, or outlook.com address.

• Type in a name you want, click/tap on Rename primary alias
    9. Click/tap on OK.

Hope this helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Sep 17, 2019
  4. rwhit Win User

I have two email addresses with the same name, except one was created by my school and the...

Additional email addresses

I did go to People and clicked on the gear. It lists 2 accounts, my gmail account and my imap account. Neither has the email addresses that I'm offered when I start a new email and start to type into the To address. Looking at the addresses that come up, it looks like addresses that I have communicated with in the past. Where does Windows Mail get these? I can't find anyplace that would store the names. They are certainly not in People and I can't find another list to import from.

rwhit, Sep 17, 2019
Thema:

1. I have two email addresses with the same name, except one was created by my school and the... - Similar Threads - email addresses same

2. How do I merge two sign-ins with the same email address?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do I merge two sign-ins with the same email address?: I somehow have the email address that I normally use with Microsoft websites listed twice. Once as a job/school account and once as a personal account.The job/school version is insisting on connecting to the authentication app. I go through the process and get stopped when it...
  3. How do I merge two sign-ins with the same email address?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I merge two sign-ins with the same email address?: I somehow have the email address that I normally use with Microsoft websites listed twice. Once as a job/school account and once as a personal account.The job/school version is insisting on connecting to the authentication app. I go through the process and get stopped when it...
  4. My account got hacked and I created a new one with the same email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My account got hacked and I created a new one with the same email: got hacked on one account and didn't realize there maybe was a way to recover it so i created a new account and it had the same email is there a way to recover the old one still?* Moved from Community Center...
  5. My account got hacked and I created a new one with the same email

My account got hacked and I created a new one with the same email: got hacked on one account and didn't realize there maybe was a way to recover it so i created a new account and it had the same email is there a way to recover the old one still?* Moved from Community Center...
  6. I have an external user with the same email address for both work / school and personal...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have an external user with the same email address for both work / school and personal...: I have an external user with the same email address for both work / school and personal accounts in Office 365. The user is unable to authenticate to our SharePoint infrastructure. We tried resetting his password through normal channels but it doesn't work. How can we advise...
  7. I have an external user with the same email address for both work / school and personal...

I have an external user with the same email address for both work / school and personal...: I have an external user with the same email address for both work / school and personal accounts in Office 365. The user is unable to authenticate to our SharePoint infrastructure. We tried resetting his password through normal channels but it doesn't work. How can we advise...
  8. Multiple Microsoft accounts with the same email address can* be created.

Multiple Microsoft accounts with the same email address can* be created.: Multiple Microsoft accounts with the same email address cannot be created. told by Microsoftand yet I've somehow, done just that it's annoying. I'm a diesel technician lol I don't work where there's an I.T department nor am I'm in school. IDK what did I don't want to just...
  9. two email address

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    two email address: I have two Microsoft accounts and I want to delete one of them. How do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/two-email-address/bf1ce28e-cb91-43cc-a70a-7e4049ad292a
  10. why do I have two email addresses... I do use only one.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    why do I have two email addresses... I do use only one.: Microsoft is always trying to use an old email address that I do not use anymore. How can I erase it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-have-two-email-addresses-i-do-use-only/e8608d2d-9541-4694-b38e-e75cde3d9485

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to address two people in email with same name

2. hotmail two email addresses with same name