Windows 10: I have two hard drives in my computer, can I switch which hard drive windows is on?

Discus and support I have two hard drives in my computer, can I switch which hard drive windows is on? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have two hard drive in my computer, a 250 gb and a 1tb. Windows is currently on my 250gb hard drive but I want to move it over to the 1tb, is this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by max1515, Sep 3, 2020.

1. max1515 Win User

I have two hard drives in my computer, can I switch which hard drive windows is on?

I have two hard drive in my computer, a 250 gb and a 1tb. Windows is currently on my 250gb hard drive but I want to move it over to the 1tb, is this possible?

:)

max1515, Sep 3, 2020
  2. $immond$ Win User

Windowed Hard Drives

On the contrary, showing off "slow tech" by adding a window to a hard drive is a "dumb" idea. Do you really want to be showing off a whole "7200-10000 RPM of power" or would you rather show off a plain SSD drive? (If you really desire to "show off")

Adding any window to any drive is just stupid. I just suggested an easier option for you since manufactures don't put windows on the latest hard drives.

$immond$, Sep 3, 2020
  3. GKing Win User
    Maxtor Hard Drive Beep

Maxtor drive beeps

Have a similiar situation using a DiamondMax Plus 8, 20GB Mfg Date 4/15/03. Drive used as a second system drive. Drive is recognized in boot menu but not in drive list. Drive is always connected. Computer started locking up for several seconds at a time. Chkdsk on drives and couldn't find that drive. Removed drive from bay to make sure connections were ok and heard the beeping. Shutdown and restart and never got to windows screen. Restarted several times then saw drive in boot menu and Windows loaded but Maxtor not in drive menu. When recognized in boot menu, computer will start but beeps and is not found.

Tried kicking it real hard but no improvement. Any suggestions?

GKing, Sep 3, 2020
  4. I have two hard drives in my computer, can I switch which hard drive windows is on?

hard drives

Hi Alex,

To answer your query about your computer's hard drive brand, you can follow the steps below:

• Right-click Windows Start, then choose Device Manager.
    • Expand the Disk drives section and it will show the brand and the model of the hard drive you have.

For further queries, feel free to post back.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Sep 3, 2020
Thema:

I have two hard drives in my computer, can I switch which hard drive windows is on?

1. I have two hard drives in my computer, can I switch which hard drive windows is on? - Similar Threads - hard drives computer

2. Can I clone windows on another hard drive and then put that hard drive into a new computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I clone windows on another hard drive and then put that hard drive into a new computer?: I have a computer right now. I put a new ssd in it. I cloned the stuff on my old hard drive into the ssd. If I later take out that ssd to a new computer that I'm building right now. Can I keep the windows on both computers or do I have to reinstall it on the new computer with...
  3. Can I clone windows on another hard drive and then put that hard drive into a new computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I clone windows on another hard drive and then put that hard drive into a new computer?: I have a computer right now. I put a new ssd in it. I cloned the stuff on my old hard drive into the ssd. If I later take out that ssd to a new computer that I'm building right now. Can I keep the windows on both computers or do I have to reinstall it on the new computer with...
  4. Can I clone windows on another hard drive and then put that hard drive into a new computer?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Hard Drive Switching

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard Drive Switching: Hi All,I'm currently switching hard drives as I am out of space on my Primary Windows C: Drive. So I'm switching to a drive with more space. I have a recovery windows USB drive ready to go and an image back up on another drive as well made on Marcium. The problem I'm having...
  6. Hard Drive Switching

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard Drive Switching: Hi All,I'm currently switching hard drives as I am out of space on my Primary Windows C: Drive. So I'm switching to a drive with more space. I have a recovery windows USB drive ready to go and an image back up on another drive as well made on Marcium. The problem I'm having...
  7. Hard Drive Switching

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. I have windows on two different hard drives can I delete one of them?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have windows on two different hard drives can I delete one of them?: Windows 10 is in "Local Disk" and "OS". Windows is in OS because it was from my old PC. Can I still delete the windows on that hard drive for more storage without screwing everything up? [ATTACH]...
  9. two hard drives

in Windows 10 Customization
    two hard drives: 1 ssd with windows 10 os. 1 ssd with windows 7os. When windows 10 updates and restarts it corrupts the boot configuration for these drives to the extent that windows 10 will not boot and the repair disk can not fix it. I have had to reinstall windows twice now is there a...
  10. Having two hard drives.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Having two hard drives.: Hello Andre. I'm here Dinuka. I couldn't tell you that in my laptop there are two hard drives as one SSD and one HDD. Will this change anything when I do a reset as you said me to do.?...