Windows 10: I have two hard drives, one smaller SSD and one larger HDD, and everything keeps trying to...

Discus and support I have two hard drives, one smaller SSD and one larger HDD, and everything keeps trying to... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Windows/Microsoft software seems to be poorly-configured for two hard drives. I tried to assign all files to be saved onto the HDD D including software... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Cake5, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Cake5 Win User

I have two hard drives, one smaller SSD and one larger HDD, and everything keeps trying to...

Windows/Microsoft software seems to be poorly-configured for two hard drives. I tried to assign all files to be saved onto the HDD D including software but it still keeps auto-installing to the SDD C. The SDD is quite small and is only really for system files. If I move the files across then the software may break. Feels rather like trying to push a trolley forward which insists on turning right all the time.

:)

Cake5, Jan 14, 2020
  2. Shenan Stanley, Jan 14, 2020
  3. Confused about hard drives: HDD and SSD

Browsing through the Microsoft Store for a new pc, I see various hard drives listed, such as:

16GB eMMC

32GB eMMC

500GB 5400 RPM HDD

2GB DDR3L 1600 MHz

32GB SSD [?]

64GB SSD

I understand that solid state drives are good, though expensive. What I don't understand is what size of an SSD would be the equivalent of, say, a terabyte HD? It seems that 64GB is the largest SSD offered here. What size HDD would equal that capacity?

And, BTW, what is an eMMC?

Grandpa Jim, Jan 14, 2020
  4. Clintlgm Win User

I have two hard drives, one smaller SSD and one larger HDD, and everything keeps trying to...

Migrating from HDD to SSD

If you.clone or restore an image you only have to be concerned with actual data not empty space. So with Macruim, you would shrink the correct partition to fit the new SSD, there are many Videos on YouTube that walk you through step by step. And if your system is UEFI/GPT I would clone all partitions. If you have DATA partitions that have no data then you don't need to clone them all system partitions do need to be cloned in order for your SSD to boot after the clone.

take your pick Video how to clone a larger hard drive to a smaller SSD - Google Search

Clintlgm, Jan 14, 2020
Thema:

1. I have two hard drives, one smaller SSD and one larger HDD, and everything keeps trying to... - Similar Threads - hard drives smaller

2. I have a laptop with one SSD slot. I want to upgrade to a larger SSD.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a laptop with one SSD slot. I want to upgrade to a larger SSD.: I have a laptop with one SSD slot. I want to upgrade to a larger SSD. What is the best way to do this? Do I clone the laptop SSD to the larger one via an external case and then install the larger SSD in the laptop?...
  3. I have a laptop with one SSD slot. I want to upgrade to a larger SSD.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have a laptop with one SSD slot. I want to upgrade to a larger SSD.: I have a laptop with one SSD slot. I want to upgrade to a larger SSD. What is the best way to do this? Do I clone the laptop SSD to the larger one via an external case and then install the larger SSD in the laptop?...
  4. I have a laptop with one SSD slot. I want to upgrade to a larger SSD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Sync two external hard drives - not One Drive

Sync two external hard drives - not One Drive: I am interested in syncing two 12TB external drives through my Windows 10 machine, I call them A and B. I want to be able to update the B drive every so often with organisation changes and additions that I make on my A drive automatically after choosing the moment to sync and...
  6. Sync two external hard drives - not One Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sync two external hard drives - not One Drive: I am interested in syncing two 12TB external drives through my Windows 10 machine, I call them A and B. I want to be able to update the B drive every so often with organisation changes and additions that I make on my A drive automatically after choosing the moment to sync and...
  7. Trying to clone a drive(OS) from one SSD to another larger SSD but I messed up and tried to...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trying to clone a drive(OS) from one SSD to another larger SSD but I messed up and tried to...: [IMG] submitted by /u/45Hz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fil4tx/trying_to_clone_a_driveos_from_one_ssd_to_another/
  8. Clone two hard drives into one?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Clone two hard drives into one?: Need some help. I have two hard drives that I want to consolidate all the data into one. Macrium usually works for this however it says it will delete the destination drive before copying. How can I copy one drive over then the other without deleting the data from the...
  9. changing external hard drive to a larger one

changing external hard drive to a larger one: Hi I recently bought a three terabit external hard drive in order to increase my storage size for photos videos etc. How do I go about getting all the photos and videos from my existing external hard drive over to the new one and also retain their file paths so my programs...
  10. Two windows 10 systems on two drives (one ssd one hdd)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Two windows 10 systems on two drives (one ssd one hdd): I can see that this was discussed before but I don't get it. I've tried it for the last 14hours and now it's time to go to bed. I just hope I find a solution when I wake up again :) It's an HP Pavilion 590 p0512ng with a 256MB SSD (M2.0) I've also installed a 1TB Toshiba...