Windows 10: I have two or three questions about upgrading Windows 10 Home on my Dell gaming desktop....

Discus and support I have two or three questions about upgrading Windows 10 Home on my Dell gaming desktop.... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I bought a gaming desktop from Dell in June 2018. Windows 10 Home was pre-installed by Dell. How much does it cost to upgrade from Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by dayhiker4k, Jun 27, 2019.

1. I have two or three questions about upgrading Windows 10 Home on my Dell gaming desktop....

Hello,

I bought a gaming desktop from Dell in June 2018. Windows 10 Home was pre-installed by Dell.

How much does it cost to upgrade from Windows 10 Home to other Windows versions, such as Windows 10 Pro.

Advice from Microsoft Community members on a Windows 10 version upgrade.

One more question: Can I buy Windows 10 on a DVD, or on a USB Flash Drive? I have bought a number of Windows-based desktops, (also 3 or 4 Laptops). over the last 20 plus years. A copy of Windows came on DVDs, with much more capability, such as Windows repair.

If Windows 10 on media is available to buy, should it from Dell, Microsoft, or somewhere else?

I am thanking Microsoft Community in advance, because my questions always get replies with solutions. I used Microsoft Community and Microsoft Answers, much more than I use Dell Support,

dayhiker4k in Vermont.

:)

dayhiker4k, Jun 27, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jun 27, 2019
  3. windows 10 worth the upgrade?

Did u try right clicking and select add to start menu?

When did AMD release DX12 drivers?

Pill Monster, Jun 27, 2019
  4. I have two or three questions about upgrading Windows 10 Home on my Dell gaming desktop....

Windows 10 upgrade questions...

> What are the advantages to upgrading to Windows 10?
    Faster boot, native USB 3.0 support, DirectX 12, WDDM 2.0, longer service life.

> Are there any major compatibility issues?
    I would uninstall graphics drivers and printers before updating. I've had problems with both not surviving the update then they create more problems than they solve.

> Are there any performance issues?
    Not really.

> Are there any issues with gaming?
    Windows 10 doesn't seem to like alt+tabbing games as much as Windows 7. They tend to get in a vicious cycle of fullscreen, desktop, fullscreen, desktop, fullscreen, desktop. I've seen it on several games already.

> Are there any media sharing issues?
    Don't think so.

> Will I have to reinstall or reconfigure a bunch of stuff?
    You'll have to reinstall graphics drivers and printers. You'll have to configure the new features that come with Windows 10 like Cortana and the new start menu. If you use Internet Explorer, you'll probably want to remove the links to Edge and replace them with Internet Explorer links. Edge is clearly designed for tablets. It sucks for desktop internet browsing.

FordGT90Concept, Jun 27, 2019
Thema:

I have two or three questions about upgrading Windows 10 Home on my Dell gaming desktop....

1. I have two or three questions about upgrading Windows 10 Home on my Dell gaming desktop.... - Similar Threads - three questions upgrading

2. I have two questions about resetting my upgraded windows 11 PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have two questions about resetting my upgraded windows 11 PC.: So the computer I’m working on has been upgraded to Windows 11 from 10.My first question is which operating system am I going to end up with when I reset it to factory? It’s pretty messed up it needs a full reset getting rid of everything. I’ve read articles saying either 10...
  3. I have two questions about resetting my upgraded windows 11 PC.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have two questions about resetting my upgraded windows 11 PC.: So the computer I’m working on has been upgraded to Windows 11 from 10.My first question is which operating system am I going to end up with when I reset it to factory? It’s pretty messed up it needs a full reset getting rid of everything. I’ve read articles saying either 10...
  4. I have two questions about resetting my upgraded windows 11 PC.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Two questions about upgrading to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two questions about upgrading to Windows 11: What does these two things mean?1. This PC must support Secure Boot2. TPM 2.0 must be supported. I looked on bing and confused myself even more https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/two-questions-about-upgrading-to-windows-11/d3a051db-cca3-4b13-961b-d1e64ee135ae
  6. Two questions about upgrading to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two questions about upgrading to Windows 11: What does these two things mean?1. This PC must support Secure Boot2. TPM 2.0 must be supported. I looked on bing and confused myself even more https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/two-questions-about-upgrading-to-windows-11/d3a051db-cca3-4b13-961b-d1e64ee135ae
  7. i have two questions for two game si have. can youhelp?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have two questions for two game si have. can youhelp?: im using the cd 2004 version of doom 3. im having problem where i can't install or anything for doom 3. it says: "there is already a version of this product on here"? then for the disc, it says : "error code 1625?" what do those mean? how do i find the original version on...
  8. Hardware Upgrade, Have two questions

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hardware Upgrade, Have two questions: Hi,All... I'm placing the questions first, then I'll let you know what is going on. 1) My new motherboard has WiFi. My question is it can't connect to my WiFi until I enter my password, right... 2) Windows 10 needs an internet connection to see a hardware change, right......
  9. Hardware Upgrade, Have two questions

in Windows 10 Support
    Hardware Upgrade, Have two questions: Hi,All... I'm placing the questions first, then I'll let you know what is going on. 1) My new motherboard has WiFi. My question is it can't connect to my WiFi until I enter my password, right... 2) Windows 10 needs an internet connection to see a hardware change, right......
  10. I have 2 question's about win 10 home

in Windows 10 Support
    I have 2 question's about win 10 home: This is about an Asus model X541N laptop OS win 10 Home 64bit that I up for free from a pawn shop owner that I know. He couldn't get the previous owner's Microsoft account off the laptop and he can't sell the laptop without the previous owner's account removed. It was a...