Windows 10: I have two problems since the last upgrade in Windows 10.

Discus and support I have two problems since the last upgrade in Windows 10. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Two problems 1. I use cut and paste a lot and though this works with the paste element, it does not cut. 2. This one is more irritating, I use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DeeLlewellyn, Nov 21, 2018.

1. I have two problems since the last upgrade in Windows 10.

Two problems

1. I use cut and paste a lot and though this works with the paste element, it does not cut.

2. This one is more irritating, I use Windows Photos as my default viewer and a picture will open but will no longer move to the other images in my folder, the arrow does not appear and the slide show only shows the current image.

Edge is my default browser.

:)

DeeLlewellyn, Nov 21, 2018
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Nov 21, 2018
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Nov 21, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

I have two problems since the last upgrade in Windows 10.

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 21, 2018
Thema:

I have two problems since the last upgrade in Windows 10.

1. I have two problems since the last upgrade in Windows 10. - Similar Threads - problems since last

2. printing problem since last update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    printing problem since last update: Everything I try to print goes into 'Print to File' mode, even though I made sure that box wasn't ticked in each program I tried to print from. I followed instructions on videos but no luck. So much wasted time!...
  3. Two computers playing up since last update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Two computers playing up since last update.: Hi, I am certainly getting sick of this. For about the last ten days I have wasted most of each day trying to sort out my 2 windows 10 computers. On both of the machines the first scene as windows 10 loads is totally out of focus and fuzzy. Maybe this is a new feature of...
  4. I have no sound since i upgraded to windows 10.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I have no sound since i upgraded to windows 10.: How do I get my sound back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-no-sound-since-i-upgraded-to-windows-10/de5bbc63-ba16-48ef-8abb-ff4754ca1847
  5. I have had the misfortune to have problems with the last two windows 10 updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I have had the misfortune to have problems with the last two windows 10 updates: I have had the misfortune to have problems with the last two windows 10 updates. The first resulted in my contacting the support desk who when trying to resolve managed to lose my office software and then argued with me that it was never there before providing another copy!...
  6. Have problem running on battery since upgrade to 1703

Have problem running on battery since upgrade to 1703: Last week, I had a problem with Office 2013 (unlicensed product- 2nd time in 6 weeks). MS tried running repair and eventually had to re-install but also did 'repair' on Win 10. That was all completed around 5pm last Friday and things seemed to be normal. Received...
  7. Problems With Mouse Since Last Update

Problems With Mouse Since Last Update: Since the update last Tueday I'm been having problems with my mouse. I thought it was my mouse, and I went out today and bought another mouse, but I'm still have problems controlling my cursor. Sometimes I need to keep clicking on the Delete icon to delete an e-mail or I need...
  8. Windows 10 upgrade - two problems.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 upgrade - two problems.: I updated my Acer Aspire 5551-A Laptop from Windows 7 yesterday, took 8.5 hours but seems to work well except for Windows Live Mail. I have two live.co.uk e.mail addresses that still work, but my wife's, and four old hotmail.com accounts produce this error message -Unable to...
  9. I have problems since installing win 10....

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    I have problems since installing win 10....: Ever since I installed 10, I have major issues with scrolling through selection menus and drop down menus pop up when clicked on but immediately disappear. Also on start up, the page that is supposed to roll up to access your login screen won't roll up on it's own...I have to...
  10. I have two problems with Win10.

in Windows 10 Support
    I have two problems with Win10.: The first has been present since I upgraded to Win10 from Win7 Pro. I have two identical CD/DVD Drives that worked perfectly in Win7, but only one is recognized by Win10. However, the other one is working, because if I place a disk into the drive the indicator light starts...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why is my start up screen out of focus since my last windows upgrade

2. problems with last windows upgrade