Windows 10: I have two problems since the last upgrade in Windows 10.

Discus and support I have two problems since the last upgrade in Windows 10. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Two problems 1. I use cut and paste a lot and though this works with the paste element, it does not cut. 2. This one is more irritating, I use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DeeLlewellyn, Nov 21, 2018.

1. I have two problems since the last upgrade in Windows 10.

Two problems

1. I use cut and paste a lot and though this works with the paste element, it does not cut.

2. This one is more irritating, I use Windows Photos as my default viewer and a picture will open but will no longer move to the other images in my folder, the arrow does not appear and the slide show only shows the current image.

Edge is my default browser.

:)

DeeLlewellyn, Nov 21, 2018
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Nov 21, 2018
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Nov 21, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

I have two problems since the last upgrade in Windows 10.

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 21, 2018
Thema:

I have two problems since the last upgrade in Windows 10.

1. I have two problems since the last upgrade in Windows 10. - Similar Threads - problems since last

2. i'm having Trouble in camera since last two months.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i'm having Trouble in camera since last two months.: Camera is not working, it is showing that camera is not connected, please rectify as soon as possible, need this support. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-having-trouble-in-camera-since-last-two-months/ed0021ed-324c-4e5e-8540-fad3c65a40c9
  3. i'm having Trouble in camera since last two months.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i'm having Trouble in camera since last two months.: Camera is not working, it is showing that camera is not connected, please rectify as soon as possible, need this support. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-having-trouble-in-camera-since-last-two-months/ed0021ed-324c-4e5e-8540-fad3c65a40c9
  4. problems since last update

problems since last update: Since the latest update, my computer now takes 3-5 minutes to start/restart and most of that time is in a black screen. also of note and the most frustrating thing is I NO LONGER have my taskbar, so to shut my computer off, I have to do CTL/ALT/DLT, as even pressing the...
  5. Two BSOD since upgrading to 22H2 last night

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two BSOD since upgrading to 22H2 last night: My computer has crashed with BSOD twice in the past hour, since I upgraded to the latest version last night. It hadn't crashed at all previously in years.I have two minidump files but don't know what to do with them?...
  6. Two BSOD since upgrading to 22H2 last night

Two BSOD since upgrading to 22H2 last night: My computer has crashed with BSOD twice in the past hour, since I upgraded to the latest version last night. It hadn't crashed at all previously in years.I have two minidump files but don't know what to do with them?...
  7. problems since last update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    problems since last update: just wondering, if others are having problems with the latest update , since i have done so, my PC crashes, it says cant automatically fix, i have go do a restore, then it works again....
  8. I have an unusual problem since the last update. Auto-tabbing.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have an unusual problem since the last update. Auto-tabbing.: Can anyone suggest a fix for my 'auto-tabbing' problem? This has been occurring, I believe, since the recent update: KB4571756 If I go to Start, the 'active selection' border automatically tabs through my options to the very bottom, interfering with my selections. The same...
  9. Having some problems since upgrading to 10...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Having some problems since upgrading to 10...: I use my TV as a monitor. Resolution was way off since before I upgraded to 10, but circumvented it by scaling the text extra large. Now since upgrading, everything is too big. Text is blurry, icons too big, task bar goes below where I can see. I went to display settings...
  10. I have had the misfortune to have problems with the last two windows 10 updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I have had the misfortune to have problems with the last two windows 10 updates: I have had the misfortune to have problems with the last two windows 10 updates. The first resulted in my contacting the support desk who when trying to resolve managed to lose my office software and then argued with me that it was never there before providing another copy!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why is my start up screen out of focus since my last windows upgrade

2. problems with last windows upgrade