Windows 10: I have two problems which are probably the same. I cannot run apps that require admin...

Discus and support I have two problems which are probably the same. I cannot run apps that require admin... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The symptoms change such as accessing the settings menu. Most of the time, when I select settings, nothing happens. Sometimes, the menu will open up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JohnBellpok, May 22, 2020.

1. I have two problems which are probably the same. I cannot run apps that require admin...

The symptoms change such as accessing the settings menu. Most of the time, when I select settings, nothing happens. Sometimes, the menu will open up but when I select user setup, nothing happens. I need to be able to get admin permissions in order to go on.

:)

JohnBellpok, May 22, 2020
  2. Bree Win User

running DOS as ADMIN

I suggested that in post #4 but @bromberg doesn't seem to have tried it yet...

3. djmcnz Win User
    running DOS as ADMIN

I assume you don't have 'exit' anywhere in your batch file?

Rather than playing with 'pause' - if you want to see the output...

1. Open a command window as admin
    2. Run the batch file manually
    3. Command window will not close unless the 'exit' command is issued
    4. Read output
    That's the first step I'd take to diagnose. Then run every line in your batch file manually, one-by-one, in your admin command window (copy and paste from the actual batch file, don't retype the commands).

You'll soon find your problem.

djmcnz, May 22, 2020
  4. I have two problems which are probably the same. I cannot run apps that require admin...

OSK popping up when software Run As Admin

Hi,

We are sorry that the issue still persists.

I suggest you to check if the issue persists in the Built-in Administrator account
    (hidden administrator account). To enable the account, follow the steps below:

• Right Click on Start and select “Command Prompt (Admin)”.
    • Accept the UAC prompt if required.
    • Type “net user administrator /active:yes” (without quotes).

Once you have enabled the account, you will see it listed in the user accounts control panel applet. Login to the account and check for status.

To disable the built-in Administrator account, follow the steps provided above and in step 3 type the command line provided below:

“net user administrator /active:yes” (without quotes).

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 22, 2020
Thema:

I have two problems which are probably the same. I cannot run apps that require admin...

1. I have two problems which are probably the same. I cannot run apps that require admin... - Similar Threads - problems are probably

2. Apps not running, unless I run as admin?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps not running, unless I run as admin?: Hello, I bought a laptop yesterday HP Pavillion. Brand new. Everything on the laptop runs fine, Microsoft edge and all Office apps run fine but I downloaded League of Legends from the official website and it doesn't want to open unless I run it as admin. Same for anything...
  3. Apps not running, unless I run as admin?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps not running, unless I run as admin?: Hello, I bought a laptop yesterday HP Pavillion. Brand new. Everything on the laptop runs fine, Microsoft edge and all Office apps run fine but I downloaded League of Legends from the official website and it doesn't want to open unless I run it as admin. Same for anything...
  4. Shift - M requires I run apps in admin mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shift - M requires I run apps in admin mode.: I've had issues with typing capital "m". For some reason, I cannot type "M" with apps that are not running in admin mode. I have to use caps lock. The problem is only for "m", all other keys work fine. I have updated my keyboard drivers. I have updated windows. I checked out...
  5. Shift - M requires I run apps in admin mode.

Shift - M requires I run apps in admin mode.: I've had issues with typing capital "m". For some reason, I cannot type "M" with apps that are not running in admin mode. I have to use caps lock. The problem is only for "m", all other keys work fine. I have updated my keyboard drivers. I have updated windows. I checked out...
  6. I have the same problem as GreatScotsman

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have the same problem as GreatScotsman: This is the first time I have posted to this Community. Great Scotsman posted below, I have the same problem in Windows email which has a redirect from a webmail account which doesn't have the same problem when the attachment is opened directly. It does not seem to be a...
  7. Two of the Same App

Two of the Same App: Hi, I have Music Bee installed on my PC, I would like to have two Music Bees, so that I can play different Genres on each, is this possible? OS version 19043.1081 182040
  8. i have a problem from running an app

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    i have a problem from running an app: hello i have a problem that when i try to open an app it appears then it close quickly when i checked event viewer i saw this:Activation of app Microsoft.Dayton.3dda4e214d_8wekyb3d8bbwe!AppStateofDecay2 failed with error: The app didn't start. See the...
  9. Do I have two antivirus running at the same time?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Do I have two antivirus running at the same time?: Hi, I just formatted my pc and I installed avast antivirus, now I don't know if it is running alongside windows defender or not. Here 2 images [ATTACH] [ATTACH] As you can see, in the first image it shows as enabled but in the other image it only shows avast. So, am I...
  10. I have two problems with Win10.

in Windows 10 Support
    I have two problems with Win10.: The first has been present since I upgraded to Win10 from Win7 Pro. I have two identical CD/DVD Drives that worked perfectly in Win7, but only one is recognized by Win10. However, the other one is working, because if I place a disk into the drive the indicator light starts...