Windows 10: I have two profiles. How do I get rid of one and get Windows to startup without a password?

Discus and support I have two profiles. How do I get rid of one and get Windows to startup without a password? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Split from this thread. Since the latest update, I now have 2 profiles to choose from on the Password page. Neither seems to be the one that doesn't... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by sallybru, Jul 13, 2019.

1. sallybru Win User

I have two profiles. How do I get rid of one and get Windows to startup without a password?

Split from this thread.​

Since the latest update, I now have 2 profiles to choose from on the Password page. Neither seems to be the one that doesn't require a password. So how do I get rid of the extra profile and the password?

:)

sallybru, Jul 13, 2019

2. Windows Startup password

Is it possible to remove a startup password without being able to log into the system? A friend's laptop just prompt her today for a password that she never enabled. Now, she does have a standard user account password, but that doesn't work for the startup password. She had the computer for about a year now and it has never asked for a startup password until today.

I tried to use Hiren Boot CD to run a diagnostic on the laptop, but it has a bsod. Windows 10 normal boot crashes as well

GoFigureItOut, Jul 13, 2019
  3. Avedis53 Win User
    Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Jul 13, 2019
  4. I have two profiles. How do I get rid of one and get Windows to startup without a password?

Windows Startup password

Yes, I'm sure there wasn't a Microsoft account on the laptop. When I set it up, she didn't want one

So I had to do a factory restore on the laptop. All boot methods would crash. I found out the owner was duped into giving a scammer access to her computer. That's how the startup password got set.

See its not the same as the account login password prompt

Thanks for the link! I will most definitely save it and use it when needed

GoFigureItOut, Jul 13, 2019
Thema:

I have two profiles. How do I get rid of one and get Windows to startup without a password?

1. I have two profiles. How do I get rid of one and get Windows to startup without a password? - Similar Threads - profiles rid startup

2. I have two Personal 365s and need to get rid of one. I have Windows 11. Please, how do I do it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have two Personal 365s and need to get rid of one. I have Windows 11. Please, how do I do it?: Hello.Yesterday I purchased a new laptop Windows 11 and bought Personal 365 as it was discounted. I used the correct email account and this synced synced correctly from my old working laptop's info.Before the above purchase I had a Chromebook to which I added an earlier...
  3. I have two Personal 365s and need to get rid of one. I have Windows 11. Please, how do I do it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have two Personal 365s and need to get rid of one. I have Windows 11. Please, how do I do it?: Hello.Yesterday I purchased a new laptop Windows 11 and bought Personal 365 as it was discounted. I used the correct email account and this synced synced correctly from my old working laptop's info.Before the above purchase I had a Chromebook to which I added an earlier...
  4. How do I get rid of 2 ms logins with same user name/password but have two different profile...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How do I get rid of 2 ms logins with same user name/password but have two different profile...: My pc switches between accounts all day log. One time I have drop downs for copy and paste for Windows 10 and another time the drop down is for windows 11. It's causing all kinds of performance issues. I can download apps from the apps store because it doesn't ask for a...
  5. How do I get rid of 2 ms logins with same user name/password but have two different profile...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of 2 ms logins with same user name/password but have two different profile...: My pc switches between accounts all day log. One time I have drop downs for copy and paste for Windows 10 and another time the drop down is for windows 11. It's causing all kinds of performance issues. I can download apps from the apps store because it doesn't ask for a...
  6. How do I get rid of 2 ms logins with same user name/password but have two different profile...

7. One account, two sign in options? How do I get rid of one?

in Windows 10 Customization
    One account, two sign in options? How do I get rid of one?: I have two sign-in options, but I want to get rid of one of them to only have one option. Please be aware that under "netplwiz" there is only ONE account listed, and that is "Option 1". All options are administrators me. I am the only one that uses my PC.Option 1: Can use a...
  8. One account, two sign in options? How do I get rid of one?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One account, two sign in options? How do I get rid of one?: I have two sign-in options, but I want to get rid of one of them to only have one option. Please be aware that under "netplwiz" there is only ONE account listed, and that is "Option 1". All options are administrators me. I am the only one that uses my PC.Option 1: Can use a...
  9. One account, two sign in options? How do I get rid of one?

10. How do I get rid of One Drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I get rid of One Drive?: I do not have multiple devices, so I don't need to access files from the cloud. I just bought a new computer and in downloading my backed up files from Carbonite I can't seem to get them to go to the folders on my computer, they keep going to One Drive and then I can't locate...