Windows 10: I have two profiles on boot up

Discus and support I have two profiles on boot up in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have ignored this, but it's starting to bug me. I have a default MS profile that I log into, but on startup, there is two profiles. "See images." It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Lance1, Mar 28, 2021.

1. Lance1 Win User

I have two profiles on boot up

I have ignored this, but it's starting to bug me. I have a default MS profile that I log into, but on startup, there is two profiles. "See images." It wants to log into an account that is nonexistent on my system. I ran netplwiz on my MS profile so I can just boot to the desktop. This other profile doesn't appear there and it doesn't show in Manage Accounts But Windows always want to log into this other account on startup. I want to disable or delete this Ghost account so I can boot right to my desktop. Point me in the right direction, please.

:)

Lance1, Mar 28, 2021

2. CCC Profiles that disappear

id suggest a spyware check

eidairaman1, Mar 28, 2021
  3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done I have two profiles on boot up :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Mar 28, 2021
  4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Mar 28, 2021
Thema:

1. I have two profiles on boot up - Similar Threads - profiles boot

2. I have two profiles on boot up

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I have two profiles on boot up: I have ignored this, but it's starting to bug me. I have a default MS profile that I log into, but on startup, there is two profiles. "See images." It wants to log into an account that is nonexistent on my system. I ran netplwiz on my MS profile so I can just boot to the...
  3. PC booting to Temp profile after an update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC booting to Temp profile after an update: After the latest update all my files were moved to a temp file, I know longer have access to Outlook and everything that was in my task tray has been removed. I have rebooted my PC several times over the last 4 days and tried several things on my own with no luck. I need...
  4. Changing my profile on this site and also boot up questions

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing my profile on this site and also boot up questions: Received a PM asking me to update my specs to make it easier for people to reply. I go into my my profile, select system spec, and it just says OS: (in bold) and then W10 (not in bold) on the next line. No way can this be edited. Ooh err? Windows 10 (v19041.388) Now I'm...
  5. Default ICC Profile not always loaded at cold boot

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Default ICC Profile not always loaded at cold boot: Hello, I don't think this is a new issue but a default ICC profile for a monitor is not always loaded at cold boot. I'm running Win ver 1909 (upgrade from previous version). The profile is set as default in the color management settings. When the profile is not loaded I have...
  6. Default ICC Profile not always loaded at cold boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Default ICC Profile not always loaded at cold boot: Hello, I don't think this is a new issue but a default ICC profile for a monitor is not always loaded at cold boot. I'm running Win ver 1909 (upgrade from previous version). The profile is set as default in the color management settings. When the profile is not loaded I have...
  7. Custom ICC color profile sometimes does not get loaded on boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Custom ICC color profile sometimes does not get loaded on boot: Trying to fix this issue where sometimes I would start my computer up, and the color profile that I have doesn't get loaded. The only way to fix it is to restart my computer again. Anyone know how I can remedy this issue? This is the color profile in question:...
  8. Windows 10 - Separate Boot Profiles/Modes?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 - Separate Boot Profiles/Modes?: Hello Any of the information I'm finding on Google is either for versions earlier, or unrelated to what I'm hoping to do. I'd like to have 2 boot profiles when I start my PC. I'd like to have my stardard profile I use now, and then another that has certain components...
  9. Windows 10 booted up a Temporary Profile - what do I do?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 booted up a Temporary Profile - what do I do?: Today my PC booted up to a temp profile. How do I get back to my normal one? Although a lot of my files are safe on external drives, a huge batch was on my desktop, so I need to get back to save these. Anyone, Please help......
  10. Windows 10 1903 Network profile wont load every other boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 1903 Network profile wont load every other boot: Hi, I am a network admin and have three machines, different models, but all with windows 10 1903 build on that display the following behaviour. Pre 1903 user profile loads perfectly everytime, post 1903 the user logs in and the profile loads in about 5 seconds. User...