Windows 10: I have two profiles on boot up

Discus and support I have two profiles on boot up in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have ignored this, but it's starting to bug me. I have a default MS profile that I log into, but on startup, there is two profiles. "See images." It... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Lance1, Apr 1, 2021.

1. Lance1 Win User

I have two profiles on boot up

I have ignored this, but it's starting to bug me. I have a default MS profile that I log into, but on startup, there is two profiles. "See images." It wants to log into an account that is nonexistent on my system. I ran netplwiz on my MS profile so I can just boot to the desktop. This other profile doesn't appear there and it doesn't show in Manage Accounts But Windows always want to log into this other account on startup. I want to disable or delete this Ghost account so I can boot right to my desktop. Point me in the right direction, please.

:)

Lance1, Apr 1, 2021

2. CCC Profiles that disappear

id suggest a spyware check

eidairaman1, Apr 1, 2021
  3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done I have two profiles on boot up :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Apr 1, 2021
  4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Apr 1, 2021
Thema:

1. I have two profiles on boot up - Similar Threads - profiles boot

2. User Profile service failed the sign in - dual boot system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User Profile service failed the sign in - dual boot system: I have two boots for Windows 10 all with the latest updates as of last week. Work Boot and Gamer Boot.My Gamer boot has stopped working with the User Profile Service Failed The Sign In message followed by User Profile Cannot Be Loaded.Safe Mode boots to the same issue. I am...
  3. User Profile service failed the sign in - dual boot system

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    User Profile service failed the sign in - dual boot system: I have two boots for Windows 10 all with the latest updates as of last week. Work Boot and Gamer Boot.My Gamer boot has stopped working with the User Profile Service Failed The Sign In message followed by User Profile Cannot Be Loaded.Safe Mode boots to the same issue. I am...
  4. User Profile service failed the sign in - dual boot system

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Keep getting "The user profile service service failed the sign-in" when booting up Windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keep getting "The user profile service service failed the sign-in" when booting up Windows...: Every time I boot up Windows 11 Pro, I get the "The user profile service service failed the sign-in" error and I have to restart my laptop. After the restart it works fine and I can log in with my work account.If I start the laptop from sleep or hibernate, it also works fine...
  6. Keep getting "The user profile service service failed the sign-in" when booting up Windows...

Keep getting "The user profile service service failed the sign-in" when booting up Windows...: Every time I boot up Windows 11 Pro, I get the "The user profile service service failed the sign-in" error and I have to restart my laptop. After the restart it works fine and I can log in with my work account.If I start the laptop from sleep or hibernate, it also works fine...
  7. Infinite boot no admin profile

Infinite boot no admin profile: I restarted my computer completely about a week ago I had to run some errands so I left it running I came back and my computer was off turned it back on and it had no display. Got a bootable usb and it fixed no display. It booted up and now my computer is in an infinite...
  8. Infinite boot no admin profile

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Infinite boot no admin profile: I restarted my computer completely about a week ago I had to run some errands so I left it running I came back and my computer was off turned it back on and it had no display. Got a bootable usb and it fixed no display. It booted up and now my computer is in an infinite...
  9. Infinite boot no admin profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Why can't Windows 10 find my profile on boot up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't Windows 10 find my profile on boot up?: Windows 10 sign in is showing my profile and accepting my pin, but it is booting up to a temporary profile that is not showing any of my documents or files. Additionally features such as app menu and search bar access are disabled. I have run safe mode and all of the self...