Windows 10: I have two Questions, Problems _SERIOUS SECURITY ISSUES: (1) Windows 10 My Screen turned to...

Discus and support I have two Questions, Problems _SERIOUS SECURITY ISSUES: (1) Windows 10 My Screen turned to... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello Microsoft Community, I have two Questions, Problems _SERIOUS SECURITY ISSUES: (1) Windows 10 My Screen turned to Grayscale - I did not change... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by dayhiker4k, Sep 18, 2019.

1. I have two Questions, Problems _SERIOUS SECURITY ISSUES: (1) Windows 10 My Screen turned to...

Hello Microsoft Community,

I have two Questions, Problems _SERIOUS SECURITY ISSUES: (1) Windows 10 My Screen turned to Grayscale - I did not change anything; (2) I need help securing my PCs, Network, accounts, and my Identity.

(1) Problem: my screen changed to Grayscale after waking up my PC. I never changed any settings. In fact, this is the first time I saw this. I found out how to switch it back. Hopefully, it doesn't rear its ugly head again.

(2) Here's some background about me. I am getting older (only 67). However, I have some disabilities; cannot think too well anymore, and have a heck of a time with organization.

Something really concerns me. About two weeks ago I got a call on my VoIP Vonage "Landline." I never checked the Caller ID until after my "Interaction" with this guy. (It was a Spoofed Caller ID. MY NAME). He told me he worked for Microsoft; that he was alerted about my Dell Laptop having issues, including a number of errors. Like a fool, I allowed him to gain remote access of my PC. My daughter came into my office and asked me what was going on (my phone was on speaker). Three to four minutes after my daughter alerted me that the guy was a fraud; that she thought he was an Identity Thief.

Here is what I have observed about the Dell Inspiron 5548 Laptop, and my old Dell Desktop (Purchased in 2010. I updated it to Windows 10 a few years ago. Comment: after I get the data backed up, it's going to Best Buy for recycling).

Anyway, I couldn't login to my Laptop. It wouldn't accept my Local PIN. I tried signing in using my Microsoft email address and Password with no luck. I brought the Laptop to Best Buy, and purchased a support plan with them for unlimited devices. When I get the laptop back, I plan to bring the old Dell to Geek Squad.

The Dell Windows 10 Gaming Desktop I am using, could be infected too. I have a Premium Support Plan with Dell. However, it's a hassle doing things on the phone. Next time I plan to buy a PC locally, probably at Best Buy. I am rambling.

I signed up with Identity Guard for some identity protection. However, I am "ON EDGE" .

Is it possible the screen changing is Malware?

Suggestions and Help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED. Thanks again!

PS. My comments about Windows 10, Microsoft, and Google. They have little concern about us, the customers; what we like, and out Privacy. If I had a choice, I would use a different OS. That's my two cents.

:)

dayhiker4k, Sep 18, 2019

2. How do i turn on my windows security services on Windows 10.

Hi Edehomon,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with turning on Windows Security services with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if third party security has disabled Windows Defender services.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• When you say that "windows security services are turned off", have you installed any third party security software on the computer?
    • Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to try to turn on Windows Defender by following steps below and check if it helps.

1. Click on Search bar?

2. Type "Settings" without the quotes in the search bar and click on it.

3. Then click on Update & security.

4. Click on Windows Defender.

5. Then try to turn on the Windows Defender services.

Note: If a third party security software is installed on the computer, then it will disable Windows Defender.

Please get back to us with an update on turning on Windows Security services with Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Sep 18, 2019
  3. Windows 10 download speed issues

Try this method:
    • First of all from Start Menu, open Settings (Type settings in the search bar and it will appear).
    • locate and select “Update and Security“.
    • in this window, Locate “Advanced Options”. Click on it.
    • In Advanced Options; Click on “Choose How Updates are Delivered“.
    • Turn off Updates from more than one place.
    Your system will not work as a seeder for other Windows 10 users. It will give sudden boast to your Slow internet speed.

lorraine walsh, Sep 18, 2019
  4. I have two Questions, Problems _SERIOUS SECURITY ISSUES: (1) Windows 10 My Screen turned to...

New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Sep 18, 2019
Thema:

I have two Questions, Problems _SERIOUS SECURITY ISSUES: (1) Windows 10 My Screen turned to...

1. I have two Questions, Problems _SERIOUS SECURITY ISSUES: (1) Windows 10 My Screen turned to... - Similar Threads - Questions Problems _SERIOUS

2. I have a blue screen errorstop code:0xc000021a. So my two questions are: 1. Is there a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a blue screen errorstop code:0xc000021a. So my two questions are: 1. Is there a...: I have a blue screen errorstop code:0xc000021a. I have looked on line how to fix this. Initially I tried going into safe mode but the PC keeps looping back to the blue screen rather than going into safe mode. I then tried to get the command prompt but it asks for my Admin...
  3. I have a blue screen errorstop code:0xc000021a. So my two questions are: 1. Is there a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a blue screen errorstop code:0xc000021a. So my two questions are: 1. Is there a...: I have a blue screen errorstop code:0xc000021a. I have looked on line how to fix this. Initially I tried going into safe mode but the PC keeps looping back to the blue screen rather than going into safe mode. I then tried to get the command prompt but it asks for my Admin...
  4. I have a blue screen errorstop code:0xc000021a. So my two questions are: 1. Is there a...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I have a question related to windows security

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a question related to windows security: when I try to click on "windows security" from taskbar and again click on "run quick scan" it shows some alert message like "Your IT administrator has limited access to some area of this app, and the item you tried to access is not available. Contact IT helpdesk for more...
  6. I have two questions . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    I have two questions . . .: I have a Dell laptop running Windows 10 Pro . . . The first question, is simple. How do you make the desktop icons bigger? This question, is really a big one for me . . . I click on a song, and a window opens . . . Before you click to fill, the screen. There are the...
  7. Windows 10 security question problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 security question problem: I am locked out of my windows 10 tablet because it is asking me for the answer to a security question that I didn't pick and didn't answer. So I am not able to answer it correctly. What can I do?...
  8. Two Questions: (1) Windows 10 My Screen turned to Grayscale - I did not change anything;...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Two Questions: (1) Windows 10 My Screen turned to Grayscale - I did not change anything;...: Hello Microsoft Community, Two Questions_Serious Security Issues: (1) Windows 10 My Screen turned to Grayscale - I did not change anything; (2) I need help securing my PCs, Network, accounts, and my Identity (1) Problem: my screen changed to Grayscale after waking up my...
  9. Two Timestamp issues/questions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Two Timestamp issues/questions: I'm reconfiguring my wife's laptop. File History automatically adds a timestamp to every folder that is unzipped, and adds a Timestamp code to every file. How do I turn off/disable Windows from automatically adding a timestamp? Yes..I've searched for an answer and have...
  10. 1 issue and 1 question about Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    1 issue and 1 question about Windows 10: Hello there, I go by WolfHybrid23 on most places, I'm trying to setup my company Wolf Game Studios, I have an issue and a question retaining to the same subject... I am trying to become a self host for my website, But in order to do that I need to factory reset a previous...