Windows 10: I have two updates that will not download. Both are INTEL - System - 10.1.16.8. How do I...

Discus and support I have two updates that will not download. Both are INTEL - System - 10.1.16.8. How do I... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When trying to update windows, I have two updates that will not download. Both are INTEL - System - 10.1.16.8. How do I process this update? Is there a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by req71, Dec 6, 2023.

1. req71 Win User

I have two updates that will not download. Both are INTEL - System - 10.1.16.8. How do I...

When trying to update windows, I have two updates that will not download. Both are INTEL - System - 10.1.16.8. How do I process this update? Is there a way to remove these from Windows Update?

:)

req71, Dec 6, 2023

2. Windows 8 failure configuring updates and reverting

I agree 8 is awful! It's not for me though... I replaced a broken screen in a Win 8 laptop that was given to me and I am going to give it for free to someone that can't afford one so they can do homework at home. Yes I took it from 8 to 8.1 back on 10/09/2014. This is what I posted there...

"Great post! I found a similar one. I would like to point out that you may want to edit your OP...

1. Step 1 should read to disable AUTOMATIC updates, not disable manual updates.

2. KB2871398 should really read KB2871389

I would like to say that KB2917499 may also be needed as it was in my case. I also had to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter after installing those 2 updates. After these steps I was able to begin my 8.1 download from the Microsoft store. I don't know if it made a difference or not, but I also went into the Bios and disabled "Secure Boot."

It was a helpful post. Thanks!

BlackHawk1, Dec 6, 2023
  3. Volume icon missing after update 1/15/16 windows 10

Hello Betty,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

We understand the frustration when things don't go they supposed to. Let me assist you with further information from here to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the below suggested methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      sfc/scannow
      and press enter.

• Restart the computer.

Method 2:

If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state
    or were irrecoverable, then I suggest you to try the following steps to deploy the DISM command lines:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Write to us with the updated information for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Dec 6, 2023
  4. I have two updates that will not download. Both are INTEL - System - 10.1.16.8. How do I...

Uninstalled and reinstalled Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 on updated Windows 10 PC; error message saying 'unable to initialize graphics system

Hi Helena,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am sorry to know that you are facing issues with Windows 10.

I do appreciate your efforts and time, and will assist you with the issue.

Method 1: Update video adapter driver.

Verify that the latest drivers for the display adapter are installed.

• At the Start screen, type Windows Update.
    • Click or tap Settings on the right side of the screen, and then select Install optional
    updates from the left results.

• When the Windows Update control panel opens, click on “Check for Updates” on the
    top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates.

I would also suggest you to refer to the following article and perform the steps mentioned under “Update driver” section.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/all-drivers (Also
    applicable for windows 10)

Method 2:

Check the Device status in the Device Manager. The yellow exclamation mark provides an indication of a device's current status and could mean that there is a system resource conflict, a driver issue, or any number of other
    things. Refer to these steps to open Device Manager.

Step 1. Press Windows and X keys together.

Step 2. Click on Device Manager.

Step 3. Expand Sound, video and game controller.

Step 4. Please check with the optional driver updates through windows update and check if it helps. And for more information I suggest you to refer the link below.

Download and install drivers in Windows 8.1 - Microsoft Support

(Also applicable for windows 10)

Method 3: If the issue still prissiest, install the Windows 8.1 drivers in compatibility mode.

Step 1. Download the Windows 8.1 drivers.

Step 2. Right click on the downloaded driver file.

Step 3. Click/tap on Troubleshoot Compatibility.

I also suggest install the latest drivers available for Windows 10 from manufacturer.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Dec 6, 2023
Thema:

I have two updates that will not download. Both are INTEL - System - 10.1.16.8. How do I...

1. I have two updates that will not download. Both are INTEL - System - 10.1.16.8. How do I... - Similar Threads - updates download Both

2. I have Two updates that I am receiving errors 0x80071a91 for both win11 updates.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have Two updates that I am receiving errors 0x80071a91 for both win11 updates.: Every time I try to update the updates listed below I receive an Error 0x80071a90 for both updates. Can someone please help me out on how to fix this issue, should I preform a factory reset & re install win11.1 2024-02 Cumulative Update Preview for windows 11 Version 23H2 for...
  3. I have Two updates that I am receiving errors 0x80071a91 for both win11 updates.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have Two updates that I am receiving errors 0x80071a91 for both win11 updates.: Every time I try to update the updates listed below I receive an Error 0x80071a90 for both updates. Can someone please help me out on how to fix this issue, should I preform a factory reset & re install win11.1 2024-02 Cumulative Update Preview for windows 11 Version 23H2 for...
  4. I have two Windows RE tools partitions. Do I need both?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have two Windows RE tools partitions. Do I need both?: After a problem installing a recent Windows 10 update, I had to reconfigure my Windows Re tools partition and somehow have ended up with two:Drive E is 570MB with used space of 17.8MB and 553MB of free spaceDrive F is 54GB with used space of 142MB and 53.8GB of free space.Do...
  5. I have two Windows RE tools partitions. Do I need both?

I have two Windows RE tools partitions. Do I need both?: After a problem installing a recent Windows 10 update, I had to reconfigure my Windows Re tools partition and somehow have ended up with two:Drive E is 570MB with used space of 17.8MB and 553MB of free spaceDrive F is 54GB with used space of 142MB and 53.8GB of free space.Do...
  6. I have two Windows RE tools partitions. Do I need both?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. I have two updates that will not download. Both are INTEL - System - 10.1.16.8. How do I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have two updates that will not download. Both are INTEL - System - 10.1.16.8. How do I...: When trying to update windows, I have two updates that will not download. Both are INTEL - System - 10.1.16.8. How do I process this update? Is there a way to remove these from Windows Update?...
  8. I have two updates that will not download. Both are INTEL - System - 10.1.16.8. How do I...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I have two updates that will not download. Both are INTEL - System - 10.1.16.8. How do I...: When trying to update windows, I have two updates that will not download. Both are INTEL - System - 10.1.16.8. How do I process this update? Is there a way to remove these from Windows Update?...
  9. Added new ram I have two 16 and two 32

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Added new ram I have two 16 and two 32: I added more ram so I’m at 96 ram total and when I turn on the pc everything loads and moment I open up internet I get blue screen that crashed it won’t let me do anything else? Can someone explain what’s going on...
  10. Added new ram I have two 16 and two 32

Added new ram I have two 16 and two 32: I added more ram so I’m at 96 ram total and when I turn on the pc everything loads and moment I open up internet I get blue screen that crashed it won’t let me do anything else? Can someone explain what’s going on...