Windows 10: I have uninstalled BitLocker and I have a load of phantom files that show up when I do a...

Discus and support I have uninstalled BitLocker and I have a load of phantom files that show up when I do a... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have about 40 files that say things like do not remove don't delete and similar. But there are no files where the Windows search says they are... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by NancyCollins1, Sep 14, 2018.

1. I have uninstalled BitLocker and I have a load of phantom files that show up when I do a...

I have about 40 files that say things like do not remove don't delete and similar. But there are no files where the Windows search says they are

:)

NancyCollins1, Sep 14, 2018

2. Pre-loaded games won't uninstall

I'm not really into some of the games that were pre-loaded into my PC but when I try to bring up the games from the Start menu and click on 'uninstall' it takes me to the control panel, and I don't see the games listed there for me to uninstall. Suggestions, please? Thanks! ~P

punkinbee59, Sep 14, 2018
  3. Phantom program I can't uninstall

Hello:

I have an old copy of Adobe CS 3. I installed it on my new computer and wound up with what I thought were two copies. I tried to delete the entire program but it is still listed in the Start panel. It is not listed in the control panel.

When I try to run what I thought was a duplicate program I am told there is nothing there. Yet, here it is as you can see. Notice the "(1)" beside each phantom program. I thought that meant it was a duplicate.

How do I find and remove this phantom so I can re-install it? I'm wondering if it has something to do with the registry.

I have uninstalled BitLocker and I have a load of phantom files that show up when I do a... [​IMG]

BluZebra2016, Sep 14, 2018
  4. 24C
    24c Win User

I have uninstalled BitLocker and I have a load of phantom files that show up when I do a...

Phantom router on network

Recently I've noticed a "phantom" router appearing in my network. The Belkin router is not mine, the Linksys is.

Properties of the Belkin router list serial number, MAC address, model number, model, manufacturer, but no IP address. It only shows up on my desktop, not the Pro 3's or HP laptop's File Explorer under Network.

Desktop is connected to network with a Netgear WNDA3100v3 N600 Dual Band USB Adapter - WPA2-PSK security type. Pro 3 and Laptop connect to network with their internal wireless connections

Haven't noticed any "strange" behavior, or usage, on my machines, but am curious as to why it is appearing in my network.

Also, any suggestions for a program that will scan the network and list all units "attached" to it?

I have uninstalled BitLocker and I have a load of phantom files that show up when I do a... [​IMG]

Thema:

I have uninstalled BitLocker and I have a load of phantom files that show up when I do a...

1. I have uninstalled BitLocker and I have a load of phantom files that show up when I do a... - Similar Threads - uninstalled BitLocker load

2. I have printers setup that list when I print, but do not show up in the Printer Settings...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have printers setup that list when I print, but do not show up in the Printer Settings...: First of all, why is that? I have multiple instances of printers setup because Microsoft won't allow access to print dialogs through a Word object another argument for another day. So I set up different printers essentially print queues, one that duplexs automatically and one...
  3. I have printers setup that list when I print, but do not show up in the Printer Settings...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have printers setup that list when I print, but do not show up in the Printer Settings...: First of all, why is that? I have multiple instances of printers setup because Microsoft won't allow access to print dialogs through a Word object another argument for another day. So I set up different printers essentially print queues, one that duplexs automatically and one...
  4. What options do I have when I do not have the Bitlocker Recovery Key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What options do I have when I do not have the Bitlocker Recovery Key?: My wife purchased an HP Pavilion laptop model: 15-dy4013dx about a year ago. At the time she purchased it, she did not keep any of the paperwork that came with it. Including if it was included the BitLocker Recovery Key.She has a Microsoft account and used it to login to the...
  5. What options do I have when I do not have the Bitlocker Recovery Key?

What options do I have when I do not have the Bitlocker Recovery Key?: My wife purchased an HP Pavilion laptop model: 15-dy4013dx about a year ago. At the time she purchased it, she did not keep any of the paperwork that came with it. Including if it was included the BitLocker Recovery Key.She has a Microsoft account and used it to login to the...
  6. I am unable to select multiple files in the "Open" tab when I have the pop up show up.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I am unable to select multiple files in the "Open" tab when I have the pop up show up.: I am unable to select multiple files in the "Open" tab when I have the pop up showed up. I'm able to use shift or ctrl on the regular Files Explorer app but not able to when the "Open" window pops up, how do I fix this?...
  7. I am unable to select multiple files in the "Open" tab when I have the pop up show up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am unable to select multiple files in the "Open" tab when I have the pop up show up.: I am unable to select multiple files in the "Open" tab when I have the pop up showed up. I'm able to use shift or ctrl on the regular Files Explorer app but not able to when the "Open" window pops up, how do I fix this?...
  8. I am unable to select multiple files in the "Open" tab when I have the pop up show up.

9. I have a bitlocker key id but i doesnt have a bitlocker recovery key

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I have a bitlocker key id but i doesnt have a bitlocker recovery key: I have a bitlocker key id but i doesnt have a bitlocker recovery key . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-bitlocker-key-id-but-i-doesnt-have-a/499c14e1-e32c-465e-8e4f-79d93fa66e57"
  10. Phantom program I can't uninstall

Phantom program I can't uninstall: Hello: I have an old copy of Adobe CS 3. I installed it on my new computer and wound up with what I thought were two copies. I tried to delete the entire program but it is still listed in the Start panel. It is not listed in the control panel. When I try to run what I...