Windows 10: I have uninstalled my audio drivers and cannot get them back.

Discus and support I have uninstalled my audio drivers and cannot get them back. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am having a problem with my audio drivers. I was hearing muffled audio while the mic was in use, so I decided to reinstall my audio drivers. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tj Catabay, Apr 28, 2020.

1. I have uninstalled my audio drivers and cannot get them back.

I am having a problem with my audio drivers. I was hearing muffled audio while the mic was in use, so I decided to reinstall my audio drivers. I have done this before, and the method I use is uninstalling the driver through the device manager and letting windows restore the driver after rebooting my computer. Everything was fine and audio was working properly until my audio stopped working and told me to restart once again. I did, and now have no sound from the audio jacks nor the built-in speakers. Audio through USB and HDMI are still fully functional though. Many past articles have not helped me due to them requiring restoration of drivers using driver update or driver rollback, but I do not have access to those tools due to my drivers being nowhere to be found. I am not sure which brand audio drivers it was and do not know how to figure it out. Please and Thanks for the help.

:)

Tj Catabay, Apr 28, 2020

2. How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused I have uninstalled my audio drivers and cannot get them back. :confused:

oli_ramsay, Apr 29, 2020
  3. Dolby Audio driver

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message of this issue?
    • When are you facing this issue with the drivers?
    • Have you installed all the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website for current operating system?

I suggest you to uninstall the existing Audio drivers, download the latest drivers for your device and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall the Audio driver.

Steps:

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Audio inputs and outputs, right click on the driver and click on
      Uninstall.

Step 2: I suggest you to manually install the latest audio drivers and check.

Download the latest drivers from: Lenovo Support for g500

Select the driver and operating system to download.

Refer to the article by Andre Da Costa to install the latest driver:

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Hope it helps. Get back to us with the required information and updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 29, 2020
  4. I have uninstalled my audio drivers and cannot get them back.

Audio Problems

Hi there SimonWildZX, I will be your Independent Advisor for today, I hope we can both resolve your problem.

May I suggest to completely uninstall all Audio drivers listed in the Device manager including the headset. Please make sure to completely remove.

Here is how to do it.

Here the steps to completely remove a Device off your computer.

Step 1. Use shortcut keys Win + X on Windows 10.

Step 2. Select Device Manager.

Step 3. Expand the entry Sound and Audio devices. Right-click the problematic device and select Uninstall device.

Step 4. You may need to check the option Delete the driver software for this device, and then click the Uninstall button.

Step 5. Reboot the computer.

Repeat the steps in all the Audio devices listed.

Then reboot. then test the headset again.

FerdinandNanalig, Apr 29, 2020
Thema:

I have uninstalled my audio drivers and cannot get them back.

1. I have uninstalled my audio drivers and cannot get them back. - Similar Threads - uninstalled audio drivers

2. How can I get my audio driver back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I get my audio driver back: One day my PC crashed and it took off all of my audio inputs I have to have a controller connected or I won't be able to hear and I have to use a good charger or my controller will disconnect and I won't be able to hear. It also deleted everything I had....
  3. How can I get my audio driver back

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I get my audio driver back: One day my PC crashed and it took off all of my audio inputs I have to have a controller connected or I won't be able to hear and I have to use a good charger or my controller will disconnect and I won't be able to hear. It also deleted everything I had....
  4. How can I get my audio driver back

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Headset Drivers Come Back After Uninstalling Them.

Headset Drivers Come Back After Uninstalling Them.: I was starting up Doom Eternal to test out my new computer when I was unfortunately reminded that it defaults to using the headset microphone, which makes the audio quality horrible because Bluetooth sucks."No Problem!", I thought, on my old laptop I had just deleted the...
  6. Headset Drivers Come Back After Uninstalling Them.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset Drivers Come Back After Uninstalling Them.: I was starting up Doom Eternal to test out my new computer when I was unfortunately reminded that it defaults to using the headset microphone, which makes the audio quality horrible because Bluetooth sucks."No Problem!", I thought, on my old laptop I had just deleted the...
  7. task bar icons have disappeared from my desktop and I cannot get them back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    task bar icons have disappeared from my desktop and I cannot get them back: My taskbar icons have disappeared from my desktop PC as of the 14 April update. I have never had this issue until now and many of the fixes I have found in the forums and online are not working. I also do not have my clock. I have restarted the windows explorer process...
  8. task bar icons have disappeared from my desktop and I cannot get them back

task bar icons have disappeared from my desktop and I cannot get them back: My taskbar icons have disappeared from my desktop PC as of the 14 April update. I have never had this issue until now and many of the fixes I have found in the forums and online are not working. I also do not have my clock. I have restarted the windows explorer process...
  9. my documents have disappeared - how to get them back

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my documents have disappeared - how to get them back: After a brief down time for pc internet provider all my documents disappeared. how to fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-documents-have-disappeared-how-to-get-them-back/696c9a65-ab6b-4984-8f02-fa4bb1db9f20"
  10. have lost sound after uninstall Realtek cannot get it back

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    have lost sound after uninstall Realtek cannot get it back: need help cannot get sound at all do I need a new sound card? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/have-lost-sound-after-uninstall-realtek-cannot-get/67295a46-30de-4d37-886b-6d99f84e1379