Windows 10: I have uninstalled my sd card from the device manager by mistake

Discus and support I have uninstalled my sd card from the device manager by mistake in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have uninstalled my device sdxc card form device manager,I dont know what to do,I have tried search for hardware changes but it doesent work.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RowshanaraAktar, Feb 26, 2021.

1. I have uninstalled my sd card from the device manager by mistake

I have uninstalled my device sdxc card form device manager,I dont know what to do,I have tried search for hardware changes but it doesent work.

:)

RowshanaraAktar, Feb 26, 2021

2. SD card failure

Hi Andrew,

I would need to ask few questions so I can isolate your concern properly. Kindly answer the following:

• Did you get a specific error message?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • What's the current build of your computer? Press Windows key + R and then type winver.
    • Did you try to run a full system scan using your anti-virus? Can you tell us the result?
    • Does your SD card has a write protection?

Meanwhile, you may try these troubleshooting steps:

Step 1: Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter. Open Settings> Update & Security> Troubleshoot> Hardware and Devices> Run the troubleshooter.

Step 2: Check SD Card in Disk Management.

1. Open Disk Management.
    2. Your SD card will appear as a removable disk.
    3. Check if it has a drive letter.
    4. If it does not show anything, right click the SD card and then select “Change Drive Letter and Paths”.
    5. Click “Add” and select a drive letter, then click “OK”.

Step 3: Update SD card driver.

1. Open Device manager.
    2. Find your SD card and right click it.
    3. Select Properties.
    4. Click the driver tab and then select Update Driver.

Note: You may need to use a keyboard and mouse to connect to your laptop to perform the said steps if it does not allow on tablet mode.

Raymond Ave, Feb 26, 2021
  3. bradleyb Win User
    SD card/SD card reader no longer working

Hi. New to this so not sure of category.
    I have a Lenovo G70. Windows 10, 64bit
    My SD card reader has stopped working.
    In Device Manager, the SD card is not listed.
    I can't format the card as it is not listed.
    I cannot locate the card at all as it is not listed anywhere.
    I've tried chkdsk and get 'Cannot open volume for direct access'
    I don't even have the icon displaying when micro SD card is inserted.
    It did work previously but I had errors. Scanning and fixing did not help.
    I place the SD card in my Android phone and it works fine.
    Please help!
    Thank you for any assistance.

bradleyb, Feb 26, 2021
  4. Jaymaniac Win User

I have uninstalled my sd card from the device manager by mistake

Can't find SD Card Reader in Device Manager

Hi FriedMouse,

I'm having the same problem. I just tried going into the Services application and manually starting the Smart Card and Smart Card Device..., but the SD card is still not recognized and there is still no SD card reader driver listed in Device Manager.

Anyone have a solution?

Jaymaniac, Feb 26, 2021
Thema:

I have uninstalled my sd card from the device manager by mistake

1. I have uninstalled my sd card from the device manager by mistake - Similar Threads - uninstalled card device

2. I uninstall my graphics card in the device manager and I want to review my graphics card in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I uninstall my graphics card in the device manager and I want to review my graphics card in...: Hello, I did a restore point before but when I restore it doesn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-uninstall-my-graphics-card-in-the-device-manager/7a10236d-26ce-4f0c-8558-dd4fc5cabdab
  3. I uninstall my graphics card in the device manager and I want to review my graphics card in...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I uninstall my graphics card in the device manager and I want to review my graphics card in...: Hello, I did a restore point before but when I restore it doesn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-uninstall-my-graphics-card-in-the-device-manager/7a10236d-26ce-4f0c-8558-dd4fc5cabdab
  4. By mistake i have uninstalled mice and other pointing device from device managers hidden...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    By mistake i have uninstalled mice and other pointing device from device managers hidden...: Please provide me the mice and other pointing device driver that i can use my usb mouse. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/by-mistake-i-have-uninstalled-mice-and-other/1f3fcfb8-44dc-4dea-aff5-c4ffb04141ed
  5. By mistake i have uninstalled mice and other pointing device from device managers hidden...

By mistake i have uninstalled mice and other pointing device from device managers hidden...: Please provide me the mice and other pointing device driver that i can use my usb mouse. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/by-mistake-i-have-uninstalled-mice-and-other/1f3fcfb8-44dc-4dea-aff5-c4ffb04141ed
  6. By mistake i have uninstalled mice and other pointing device from device managers hidden...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. I uninstalled my graphics card from my laptop in device manager

I uninstalled my graphics card from my laptop in device manager: As the topic suggests, I uninstalled my graphics card in device manager. This happened due to my Nvidia GeForce not working, my computer was acting slow when doing things like, watching a stream, watching a video or playing video games. I updated my Nvidia GeForce but it...
  8. I uninstalled my graphics card from my laptop in device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I uninstalled my graphics card from my laptop in device manager: As the topic suggests, I uninstalled my graphics card in device manager. This happened due to my Nvidia GeForce not working, my computer was acting slow when doing things like, watching a stream, watching a video or playing video games. I updated my Nvidia GeForce but it...
  9. I uninstalled my graphics card from my laptop in device manager

10. device manager uninstall by mistake

device manager uninstall by mistake: I was trying to get x-box one working reading old or misreading a site for help I deleted A network adapter uninstalled same thing I guess Can not get it back up or there's maybe a driver problem. Have internet now with vpn turn it off no internet I know I can probably...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. uninstalled microsd driver fix