Windows 10: I have uninstalled my sd card from the device manager by mistake

Discus and support I have uninstalled my sd card from the device manager by mistake in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have uninstalled my device sdxc card form device manager,I dont know what to do,I have tried search for hardware changes but it doesent work.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RowshanaraAktar, Feb 26, 2021.

1. I have uninstalled my sd card from the device manager by mistake

I have uninstalled my device sdxc card form device manager,I dont know what to do,I have tried search for hardware changes but it doesent work.

:)

RowshanaraAktar, Feb 26, 2021

2. SD card failure

Hi Andrew,

I would need to ask few questions so I can isolate your concern properly. Kindly answer the following:

• Did you get a specific error message?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • What's the current build of your computer? Press Windows key + R and then type winver.
    • Did you try to run a full system scan using your anti-virus? Can you tell us the result?
    • Does your SD card has a write protection?

Meanwhile, you may try these troubleshooting steps:

Step 1: Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter. Open Settings> Update & Security> Troubleshoot> Hardware and Devices> Run the troubleshooter.

Step 2: Check SD Card in Disk Management.

1. Open Disk Management.
    2. Your SD card will appear as a removable disk.
    3. Check if it has a drive letter.
    4. If it does not show anything, right click the SD card and then select “Change Drive Letter and Paths”.
    5. Click “Add” and select a drive letter, then click “OK”.

Step 3: Update SD card driver.

1. Open Device manager.
    2. Find your SD card and right click it.
    3. Select Properties.
    4. Click the driver tab and then select Update Driver.

Note: You may need to use a keyboard and mouse to connect to your laptop to perform the said steps if it does not allow on tablet mode.

Raymond Ave, Feb 26, 2021
  3. bradleyb Win User
    SD card/SD card reader no longer working

Hi. New to this so not sure of category.
    I have a Lenovo G70. Windows 10, 64bit
    My SD card reader has stopped working.
    In Device Manager, the SD card is not listed.
    I can't format the card as it is not listed.
    I cannot locate the card at all as it is not listed anywhere.
    I've tried chkdsk and get 'Cannot open volume for direct access'
    I don't even have the icon displaying when micro SD card is inserted.
    It did work previously but I had errors. Scanning and fixing did not help.
    I place the SD card in my Android phone and it works fine.
    Please help!
    Thank you for any assistance.

bradleyb, Feb 26, 2021
  4. Jaymaniac Win User

I have uninstalled my sd card from the device manager by mistake

Can't find SD Card Reader in Device Manager

Hi FriedMouse,

I'm having the same problem. I just tried going into the Services application and manually starting the Smart Card and Smart Card Device..., but the SD card is still not recognized and there is still no SD card reader driver listed in Device Manager.

Anyone have a solution?

Jaymaniac, Feb 26, 2021
Thema:

I have uninstalled my sd card from the device manager by mistake

1. I have uninstalled my sd card from the device manager by mistake - Similar Threads - uninstalled card device

2. Why have I been stopped from transferring apps to my SD card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why have I been stopped from transferring apps to my SD card: It has been my practice for several years to transfer apps from my C Drive to my D drive, an integral SD Card, by checking out which ones can be transferred in Settings. Many can, others cannot me moved. Now I have suddenly started to get the notification below. What has...
  3. Why have I been stopped from transferring apps to my SD card

in Windows 10 Support
    Why have I been stopped from transferring apps to my SD card: It has been my practice for several years to transfer apps from my C Drive to my D drive, an integral SD Card, by checking out which ones can be transferred in Settings. Many can, others cannot me moved. Now I have suddenly started to get the notification below. What has...
  4. Bluetooth uninstalled from device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth uninstalled from device manager: Hello The Bluetooth icon on my laptop disappeared earlier this morning from both the toggle keys and the notification panel. Added to that, the Bluetooth on/off button also disappeared from the Bluetooth Settings. Even in the Device Manager, Bluetooth appeared in the...
  5. uninstall my apps by mistake

in Windows 10 Customization
    uninstall my apps by mistake: I cleaned out my apps, and now I don't have words,excel or outlook. What should I do Thanks Sandra https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstall-my-apps-by-mistake/10825b5f-4073-471f-b553-713d8e95612a
  6. Accidentally uninstalled my bluetooth from device manager

Accidentally uninstalled my bluetooth from device manager: Ok so I was trying to fix my bluetooth since it suddenly just went off and I couldnt find it in the tab, long story short I accidentally uninstalled my bluetooth from device manager and now I need help trying to fix this thanks in advance if someone would answer Laptop is a...
  7. How do I permanently uninstall a device from the device manager

How do I permanently uninstall a device from the device manager: How do I remove Microsoft PS/2 KEyboard and mouse permanently, because they keep reappearing after I uninstall them, they are causing my computer to crash....
  8. sd card is in device manager but not in windows explorer windows 10

sd card is in device manager but not in windows explorer windows 10: not a micro sd...the legacy sd. sandisk shows clearly in device manager https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-is-in-device-manager-but-not-in-windows/fb13d851-5de6-4d10-a556-bec7795fb90c
  9. device manager uninstall by mistake

device manager uninstall by mistake: I was trying to get x-box one working reading old or misreading a site for help I deleted A network adapter uninstalled same thing I guess Can not get it back up or there's maybe a driver problem. Have internet now with vpn turn it off no internet I know I can probably...
  10. my sd card

my sd card: lately my sd card has been acting up, as in it does not let me have read and write permissions, every time i unplug it it reverts back to what it was before i tried to delete something, and when i created a new folder this wierd stuff showed up in it, im guessing it is a...