Windows 10: I have updated my Windows password via my Microsoft Account yet my laptop still won’t let...

Discus and support I have updated my Windows password via my Microsoft Account yet my laptop still won’t let... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Help , My laptop said my password had expired so I thought the easy way to update it was to goto my microsoft account on my ipad and update the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by FilMac1, Jun 29, 2020.

1. FilMac1 Win User

I have updated my Windows password via my Microsoft Account yet my laptop still won’t let...

Help ,

My laptop said my password had expired so I thought the easy way to update it was to goto my microsoft account on my ipad and update the password there.

My laptop still displays the update password notifcation on startup and wont accept the newly updated password.
    I have even tried using the old password before I updated it but it still wont work.

How do I get into my laptop ? This is highly frusrating, its issues like this that probably caused me to not use my laptop for a long time which caused the password to expire.

phil

:)

FilMac1, Jun 29, 2020
  2. MCK
    mck Win User

How can I find the password for my Windows 10 laptop?

I found a solution to my problem. What I did was:
    1. Open Network & Sharing Center on the laptop.
    2. Click "Change advanced sharing settings"
    3. Expand the "All Networks" item.
    4. Change "Password protected sharing" from On to Off.

Now when I click my laptop name in File Explorer > Networks, it just shows my shared folder without asking for a network credentials password. This is how it used to work before.

Hope this helps others,

3. Addie Win User
    Cannot link/add my Microsoft Account to Local Account

Hello Ken,

Im using Win10 Build 1607 with all latest update.

I also run all related troubleshooters:
    • Windows Update
    • Store Apps (says i have to login in my microsoft account but thats the problem, i can't)
    • Microsoft Accounts

No Problem found. Also the suggestions from Microsoft didnt helped.

Addie, Jun 29, 2020
  4. I have updated my Windows password via my Microsoft Account yet my laptop still won’t let...

I can not reset my google password

Two step works for me if your phone info is the same as it was you should be able to recover it.

Brokenarrow, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

I have updated my Windows password via my Microsoft Account yet my laptop still won’t let...

1. I have updated my Windows password via my Microsoft Account yet my laptop still won’t let... - Similar Threads - updated password via

2. Why won’t it let me log into my Microsoft account on my PlayStation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won’t it let me log into my Microsoft account on my PlayStation: It keeps saying that I successfully logged in, but when I get on Minecraft on still not logged in. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-wont-it-let-me-log-into-my-microsoft-account/28874891-5d22-41ad-b225-327a2206ab86
  3. Why won’t it let me log into my Microsoft account on my PlayStation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why won’t it let me log into my Microsoft account on my PlayStation: It keeps saying that I successfully logged in, but when I get on Minecraft on still not logged in. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-wont-it-let-me-log-into-my-microsoft-account/28874891-5d22-41ad-b225-327a2206ab86
  4. My laptop won’t let me sign into my account after latest BIOS Update

My laptop won’t let me sign into my account after latest BIOS Update: After I updated my BIOS my laptop has been acting up, my search bars don’t work half the time, it went in its default state, and none of my files or preferences are showing up. I have restarted my laptop multiple times and it still would not let me in, so when I log into my...
  5. My laptop won’t let me sign into my account after latest BIOS Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop won’t let me sign into my account after latest BIOS Update: After I updated my BIOS my laptop has been acting up, my search bars don’t work half the time, it went in its default state, and none of my files or preferences are showing up. I have restarted my laptop multiple times and it still would not let me in, so when I log into my...
  6. I reset my windows and now it won’t let me into my laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I reset my windows and now it won’t let me into my laptop.: I reset my windows because some apps on my laptop weren’t working and something told me to disable all of the apps that said enable so I did, then I reset my laptop. When my laptop turned back on it left me with a screen that said something about how my pin is no longer...
  7. I reset my windows and now it won’t let me into my laptop.

I reset my windows and now it won’t let me into my laptop.: I reset my windows because some apps on my laptop weren’t working and something told me to disable all of the apps that said enable so I did, then I reset my laptop. When my laptop turned back on it left me with a screen that said something about how my pin is no longer...
  8. Why won’t Microsoft let me sign into my account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won’t Microsoft let me sign into my account?: I have an issue with my computer where it puts me into a temporary account and all of my files are gone along with my apps being missing from my home screen and my background/ settings have returned to default. I’ve tried resetting, going into safe mode, logging out, and...
  9. Why won’t Microsoft let me sign into my account?

Why won’t Microsoft let me sign into my account?: I have an issue with my computer where it puts me into a temporary account and all of my files are gone along with my apps being missing from my home screen and my background/ settings have returned to default. I’ve tried resetting, going into safe mode, logging out, and...
  10. Windows won’t let me remove my password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows won’t let me remove my password: Whenever I run the netplwiz command there’s supposed to be a checkbox at the top that allows you to not have to use a password when signing in, but it isn’t there for me. Any help would be appreciated submitted by /u/robbioliman [link] [comments]...