Windows 10: I have updated RAM in my Windows 10 LAPTOP and It started getting crash.

Discus and support I have updated RAM in my Windows 10 LAPTOP and It started getting crash. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I am using HP Laptop 15q-bu0xx, HP, 8328 laptop. It came with 4 GB RAM. and Supportable up to 16 GB. I have added 8 GB RAM stick in second RAM... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Santosh Pawar, Jan 18, 2019.

1. I have updated RAM in my Windows 10 LAPTOP and It started getting crash.

Hi,

I am using HP Laptop 15q-bu0xx, HP, 8328 laptop. It came with 4 GB RAM. and Supportable up to 16 GB.

I have added 8 GB RAM stick in second RAM slot. It detect properly, Total RAM is showing 12 GB in LAPTOP.

But after adding new 8 GB RAM my system started getting crash. It gets crash at anytime. I can't say at any specific stage where it gets crash.

I have reinstall OS multiple times but still issue is there.

I am adding few crash report below. Please let me know what is the solution for this.

Computer name: DESKTOP-066BG41

Windows version: Windows 10 , 10.0, build: 10586

Windows dir: C:\Windows

Hardware: HP Laptop 15q-bu0xx, HP, 8328

CPU: GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-6006U CPU @ 2.00GHz Intel586, level: 6

4 logical processors, active mask: 15

RAM: 12797779968 bytes (11.9GB)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Crash Dump Analysis
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

Crash dump directory: C:\Windows

On Tue 1/15/2019 10:15:00 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported

crash dump file: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP

This was probably caused by the following module: rtwlane.sys (0xFFFFF800D8639589)

Bugcheck code: 0x7E (0xFFFFFFFFC000001D, 0xFFFFF800D8639589, 0xFFFFD00028FAF2D8, 0xFFFFD00028FAEAF0)

Error: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\rtwlane.sys

product: Realtek PCIEWireless LAN PCI-E NIC

company: Realtek Semiconductor Corporation

description: Realtek PCIE NDIS Driver 55887 55838

Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a system thread generated an exception that the error handler did not catch.

A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: rtwlane.sys (Realtek PCIE NDIS Driver 55887 55838, Realtek Semiconductor Corporation ).

Google query: rtwlane.sys Realtek Semiconductor Corporation SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

==================================================================================

On Wed 1/16/2019 12:34:52 AM your computer crashed or a problem was reported

This was probably caused by the following module: rtwlane.sys (0xFFFFF80032A41598)

Bugcheck code: 0x1E (0xFFFFFFFFC000001D, 0xFFFFF80032A41598, 0xFFFFF8039420B740, 0xFFFFE001B8B8B2D0)

Error: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\rtwlane.sys

product: Realtek PCIEWireless LAN PCI-E NIC

company: Realtek Semiconductor Corporation

description: Realtek PCIE NDIS Driver 55887 55838

Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.

This might be a case of memory corruption. This may be because of a hardware issue such as faulty RAM, overheating (thermal issue) or because of a buggy driver.

A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: rtwlane.sys (Realtek PCIE NDIS Driver 55887 55838, Realtek Semiconductor Corporation ).

Google query: rtwlane.sys Realtek Semiconductor Corporation KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

==============================================================================

On Wed 1/16/2019 12:52:59 AM your computer crashed or a problem was reported

This was probably caused by the following module: win32kfull.sys (0xFFFFF96056030480)

Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFF9011B93F865, 0x2, 0xFFFFF96056030480, 0x2)

Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

file path: C:\Windows\system32\win32kfull.sys

product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System

company: Microsoft Corporation

description: Full/Desktop Win32k Kernel Driver

Bug check description: This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.

This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

The crash took place in a Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

=================================================================================

On Thu 1/17/2019 10:37:34 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported

This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!memset+0x363B2)

Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x5100, 0xFFFFF6E00055D400, 0x1, 0x88)

Error: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

Bug check description: This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred. The allocation bitmap is corrupt. The memory manager is about to overwrite a virtual address that was already in use.

This might be a case of memory corruption. This may be because of a hardware issue such as faulty RAM, overheating (thermal issue) or because of a buggy driver. This problem might also be caused because of overheating (thermal issue).

The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

:)

Santosh Pawar, Jan 18, 2019

2. Get Windows 10 now, no line, Force the update

If your tired of waiting like I was on a few machines, here is the simple way to get Windows 10 Update to forcibly start ahead of waiting in the line.

1: Go to Windows Update, change the settings by clicking both check boxes under Microsoft Update and Recommended Updates.

2: Then Change the Important Updates Area to say "Install updates Automatically" on the drop down menu.

3: Next open up CMD by right clicking on it and saying "Run as Administrator" (If you do not know where CMD is just click the start search area and type CMD)

4: Once CMD is opened, type this command (But do not hit enter yet) wuauclt.exe /updatenow

5: Next go back to the Windows update area and click "Check for Updates"

6: Now go back to the CMD line and hit enter

You should now be downloading Windows 10.

It worked on every machine I have done this method for, you just have to have all the settings exactly what I listed and it works fine (Some people were not changing the Important Updates area drop down to say "Install Updates Automatically" which I found is required).

Hope this helps some of yall who want to get Windows 10 now, works great for me!

GhostRyder, Jan 18, 2019
  3. Scrizz Win User
    Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Jan 18, 2019
  4. peach1971 Win User

I have updated RAM in my Windows 10 LAPTOP and It started getting crash.

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jan 18, 2019
Thema:

I have updated RAM in my Windows 10 LAPTOP and It started getting crash.

1. I have updated RAM in my Windows 10 LAPTOP and It started getting crash. - Similar Threads - updated RAM LAPTOP

2. How do I get windows 10 back after the update crashed my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get windows 10 back after the update crashed my laptop: I did the last update for windows 10 on my laptop and it crashed it and not I can't even get it to load up at all. It just got to a screen that Says it is preparing reboot or something like that. And never changes....
  3. I have 5.5gb ram available in my 8gb ram laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have 5.5gb ram available in my 8gb ram laptop: So, I have a vostro 5402 specs: cpu: i5 1135g7 ram: 1x8gb gpu: intel iris xe and mx330 2GB . I checked in task manager and intel graphic command center and found out that it is only 5.5gb of ram available. I think that I accident allocated some of my ram on the dedicated...
  4. I have 5.5gb ram available in my 8gb ram laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have 5.5gb ram available in my 8gb ram laptop: So, I have a vostro 5402 specs: cpu: i5 1135g7 ram: 1x8gb gpu: intel iris xe and mx330 2GB . I checked in task manager and intel graphic command center and found out that it is only 5.5gb of ram available. I think that I accident allocated some of my ram on the dedicated...
  5. Windows 10 update crashed my laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 update crashed my laptop: Hi, whenever windows updates my pc it has issues since new, this time running win 10 home it updated critical files, shut down to restart and has not rebooted, it has lost drivers for display, keyboard, (modem - Like it always does) and another item I am yet to sort, Ive...
  6. Windows 10 update crashed my laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 update crashed my laptop: Hi, whenever windows updates my pc it has issues since new, this time running win 10 home it updated critical files, shut down to restart and has not rebooted, it has lost drivers for display, keyboard, (modem - Like it always does) and another item I am yet to sort, Ive...
  7. I have windows 10 pro . When I start my laptop it constantly refreshing and not getting...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I have windows 10 pro . When I start my laptop it constantly refreshing and not getting...: I have windows 10pro software. When I start laptop it constantly refreshing. Not getting chance to run a other program . Pls solve my problem . Laptop Dell: latitude E7450...
  8. I have windows 10 pro . When I start my laptop it constantly refreshing and not getting...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I have windows 10 pro . When I start my laptop it constantly refreshing and not getting...: I have windows 10pro software. When I start laptop it constantly refreshing. Not getting chance to run a other program . Pls solve my problem . Laptop Dell: latitude E7450...
  9. HAVING PROBLEMS GETTING UPDATES ON MY LAPTOP WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HAVING PROBLEMS GETTING UPDATES ON MY LAPTOP WINDOWS 10: Having trouble getting updates on laptop windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/having-problems-getting-updates-on-my-laptop/e48d02f2-e517-42c4-9595-e3e091039f6b
  10. Windows 10 updated "Get Started", then system crashed

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 updated "Get Started", then system crashed: I walked away from my computer and when I came back it had restarted. I looked in the event log and found the last 6 events prior to the crash were: 1- The start type of the Background Intelligent Transfer Service service was changed from demand start to auto start. 2 -...