Windows 10: I have upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Home. How do I play a CD?

Discus and support I have upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Home. How do I play a CD? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Home. How do I play a CD? I put it in the DVD-RW file drawer; but nothing happens. VLC program says it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by justalady21, Sep 12, 2018.

1. I have upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Home. How do I play a CD?

I have upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Home. How do I play a CD? I put it in the DVD-RW file drawer; but nothing happens. VLC program says it can't read it. Windows Media Center says 'nothing'. The settings are set to start automatically. But it doesn't. It is like my computer isn't recognizing the DVD-RW drive. I can burn a files to a CD with both VLC and Windows Media, but neither will play it. The prompts show the burning on Windows Media is 99%, then complete, but nothing about 'closing' the disc. ?? The VLC program says "VLC" is unable to open the MRL 'dvd:///H:/' (H being the DVD-RW drive). No DVDs will play either, but the VLC says about a 'store-bought' DVD "Cannot play a non-UDF mastered DVS. I understand I have to buy an app for that problem, but I hesitate to do so until I determine what how to play 'anything' in the DVD-RW drive.

:)

justalady21, Sep 12, 2018
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Sep 12, 2018
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Sep 12, 2018
  4. RLRehm Win User

I have upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Home. How do I play a CD?

Windows 7 Professional keeps dropping the DVD/CD drive

Working with a fresh install (2nd attempt) of Windows 7 Professional on new hardware. The motherboard is a Gigabyte EP45-UD3P. Running 4G of RAM and an Intel Q9400 Quad Core CPU. The DVD/CD optical drive is a Pioneer DVR-218L.

Here's the problem - after two fresh installs, Windows 7 drops the DVD/CD drive and I get the following error in Device Manager (The device cannot start {code 10}). After the install, the drive works for a period of time, then stops working and I get the error code.

The driver appears to be a standard Windows driver (CD-ROM driver).

I've tried uninstalling the drive and re-installing it in Device Manager but it does not work - I continue to get the device error.

I've also swapped out the DVD/CD drive to insure it's not a bad unit. Same problem with both drives.

What do you suggest for next steps?? Could it be an issue with the motherboard?? A driver problem?

I visited the Pioneer web site - could not find any help or additional Windows 7 drivers.

What now??

RLRehm, Sep 12, 2018
Thema:

I have upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Home. How do I play a CD?

1. I have upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Home. How do I play a CD? - Similar Threads - upgraded Home play

2. I need to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 ... how do I do that?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 ... how do I do that?: I need to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 ... how do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-upgrade-from-windows-7-to-windows-10-how/db1de8e5-323b-4ff2-8d8d-e387a73d5b2e
  3. I have the Windows 7 Home Premium. I need to upgrade to Windows 10. How do I go about doing...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I have the Windows 7 Home Premium. I need to upgrade to Windows 10. How do I go about doing...: I have the Windows 7 Home Premium. I'm needing to upgrade to Windows 10. How do I go about doing this? Thanks for the helpMichell https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-the-windows-7-home-premium-i-need-to/39f3b5b7-3a75-45ad-87fb-a89879e2d14a
  4. I have the Windows 7 Home Premium. I need to upgrade to Windows 10. How do I go about doing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have the Windows 7 Home Premium. I need to upgrade to Windows 10. How do I go about doing...: I have the Windows 7 Home Premium. I'm needing to upgrade to Windows 10. How do I go about doing this? Thanks for the helpMichell https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-the-windows-7-home-premium-i-need-to/39f3b5b7-3a75-45ad-87fb-a89879e2d14a
  5. I have the Windows 7 Home Premium. I need to upgrade to Windows 10. How do I go about doing...

6. I have windows 7 home premium how can I upgrade?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have windows 7 home premium how can I upgrade?: I can not update my system operator. Could anybody help me, please?I tried to install the windows 10 but tells me there is an error. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-windows-7-home-premium-how-can-i-upgrade/2e4c63fd-bd02-4d1a-b8fd-b8d723268938
  7. I have windows 7 home premium how can I upgrade?

I have windows 7 home premium how can I upgrade?: I can not update my system operator. Could anybody help me, please?I tried to install the windows 10 but tells me there is an error. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-windows-7-home-premium-how-can-i-upgrade/2e4c63fd-bd02-4d1a-b8fd-b8d723268938
  8. how do I upgrade from windows 7 to 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I upgrade from windows 7 to 10?: When I try to run ISO or USB, it says take out cd and restart then put in the windows 10 cd or usb file. I can't find a legit windows 7 or 8 file to start from there. Also I have a SSD drive I was using, and it suddenly went blank, then another disk drive did the same thing,...
  9. how do I upgrade from windows 7 to 10?

how do I upgrade from windows 7 to 10?: When I try to run ISO or USB, it says take out cd and restart then put in the windows 10 cd or usb file. I can't find a legit windows 7 or 8 file to start from there. Also I have a SSD drive I was using, and it suddenly went blank, then another disk drive did the same thing,...
  10. how do I upgrade from windows 7 to 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade