Windows 10: I have upgraded my laptop to the latest release of Windows 10 and I now cannot access my...

Discus and support I have upgraded my laptop to the latest release of Windows 10 and I now cannot access my... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have upgraded my laptop to the latest release of Windows 10 and I now cannot access my documents or pictures from the previous version of window. If... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Parkside retiree, Nov 21, 2019.

1. I have upgraded my laptop to the latest release of Windows 10 and I now cannot access my...

I have upgraded my laptop to the latest release of Windows 10 and I now cannot access my documents or pictures from the previous version of window. If I go toStorage "view documents" I can see the folders but then flips me out of the page. Previous versions of windows were removed to free up space on the hard drive

:)

Parkside retiree, Nov 21, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 21, 2019
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Nov 21, 2019
  4. I have upgraded my laptop to the latest release of Windows 10 and I now cannot access my...

Windows 10 Club

I have upgraded my laptop to the latest release of Windows 10 and I now cannot access my... windows-10-build-9926-png.png

So I've tried the Windows 10 Pro Technical Preview Build 9926,... So far so good i like it, it appears to already have DX12.

At list i have an old Laptop to test it on,.. it's good so far and i highly think I'll be upgrading to it day on of release.

dxdiag screen above

Protagonist, Nov 21, 2019
Thema:

I have upgraded my laptop to the latest release of Windows 10 and I now cannot access my...

1. I have upgraded my laptop to the latest release of Windows 10 and I now cannot access my... - Similar Threads - upgraded laptop latest

2. Can i upgrade my laptop to windows 10 or 11? I have 8.1 now

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can i upgrade my laptop to windows 10 or 11? I have 8.1 now: Can i update my laptop to windows to windows 10 or 11? i https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-upgrade-my-laptop-to-windows-10-or-11-i-have/1422d5ca-319a-46be-9bbc-c462646d38ae
  3. Can i upgrade my laptop to windows 10 or 11? I have 8.1 now

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can i upgrade my laptop to windows 10 or 11? I have 8.1 now: Can i update my laptop to windows to windows 10 or 11? i https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-upgrade-my-laptop-to-windows-10-or-11-i-have/1422d5ca-319a-46be-9bbc-c462646d38ae
  4. I have disabled all of my Microsoft services via MSConfig and now I cannot access my laptop...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have disabled all of my Microsoft services via MSConfig and now I cannot access my laptop...: Hello,as the title says I can no longer access my laptop, I have tried to access troubleshoot but every time it requires a password of an account that doesn't accept my password. I cannot reset my PC because it contains some important info that I have forgotten and I wanna...
  5. I have disabled all of my Microsoft services via MSConfig and now I cannot access my laptop...

I have disabled all of my Microsoft services via MSConfig and now I cannot access my laptop...: Hello,as the title says I can no longer access my laptop, I have tried to access troubleshoot but every time it requires a password of an account that doesn't accept my password. I cannot reset my PC because it contains some important info that I have forgotten and I wanna...
  6. I have disabled all of my Microsoft services via MSConfig and now I cannot access my laptop...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. I cannot access my laptop.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I cannot access my laptop.: So, let's break this down.I log in to my laptop using my Microsoft account. However, recently, I wanted to switch to a user account on my laptop so I could still log in without internet access as it can be quite spotty on campus. So, when I went to create a user, Microsoft...
  8. I cannot access my laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot access my laptop.: So, let's break this down.I log in to my laptop using my Microsoft account. However, recently, I wanted to switch to a user account on my laptop so I could still log in without internet access as it can be quite spotty on campus. So, when I went to create a user, Microsoft...
  9. I cannot access my laptop.

I cannot access my laptop.: So, let's break this down.I login to my laptop using my microsoft account. However, recently, I wanted to switch to a user account on my laptop so I could still login without internet access as it can be quite spotty on campus. So, when i went to create a user, microsoft...
  10. I cannot access my laptop -

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I cannot access my laptop -: I have a laptop that I use occasionally Sadly MS seems obsessed with you not being able to have one account - I have about 4 and trying to co-ordinate them all is impossible ( unlike in Apple where all my macs , mac min iphone and ipad play nicely ) On buying said new...