Windows 10: I have very little free space on my recovery drive.

Discus and support I have very little free space on my recovery drive. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have been running defrag on my recovery drive along with the rest of the drives didn't realize I shouldn't . Could that be responsible for slowing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by .annmacc, Sep 17, 2020.

1. .annmacc Win User

I have very little free space on my recovery drive.

I have been running defrag on my recovery drive along with the rest of the drives didn't realize I shouldn't . Could that be responsible for slowing down the system. And is there any way I can undo it. It says 15.1GB in "Other" but when I click on it the message is "No other folders to show you.Any help would be appreciated.

:)

.annmacc, Sep 17, 2020
  2. Naresh_K Win User

Not enough space on Recovery (DI have very little free space on my recovery drive. :) drive.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please help me with the following:

1. What is the make and model number of your Computer?

Please note that recovery "D" is a partition on the hard drive which contains the image of the Operating system. You can use it to restore the computer back to factory settings. You should not attempt to store files in it.
    If you have any data saved on the D drive, I would suggest you to move it to an external drive and to free up some space, you can follow the steps provided in the article:
    Free up drive space in Windows 10.

If you are using a HP computer, then you can refer to this article:
    HP and Compaq Desktop PCs - What is the Recovery (DI have very little free space on my recovery drive. :) Hard Drive?

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking on Yes or No.

Naresh_K, Sep 17, 2020
  3. Unknow drive and recovery drive located on my PC

Hi Cameron,

As per the added information, I suggest that you delete the partition listed below:

1. 99MB Healthy Partition.

2. 450MB Healthy Recovery Partition (This is the system recovery drive that might have been created during Windows 10 installation)

To delete the said partitions, you can follow the steps outlined below:

1. Right click on Start Menu to open Disk Management.

2. Here right click on the respective partition and select Delete Volume.

If you delete a primary partition, the resulting empty space is called unallocated disk space . If you delete a logical drive within an extended partition, the resulting empty space is called
    free space.

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Sep 17, 2020
  4. Rey Cam Win User

Create a Recovery Drive?

Hi Kaspaz,

Let us first check the recovery drive creation process that you have done. Below is a step by step process of creating a recovery drive:

• From the taskbar, search for Create a recovery drive and then select it. You might be asked to enter an admin password or confirm your choice.
    • When the tool opens, make sure Back up system files to the recovery drive
      is selected and then select Next.
    • Connect a USB drive to your PC, select it, and then select Next > Create.
      A lot of files need to be copied to the recovery drive, so this might take a while.
    • When it’s done, you might see a Delete the recovery partition from your PC
      link on the final screen. If you want to free up drive space on your PC, select the link and then select
      Delete. If not, select Finish.

If you have done the same steps above and the rest of your file is still not showing.
    Please post back some details:

• Which drive are you referring to?
    • Can you send us a screenshot of what you are seeing?
    • Besides creating a recovery drive, have you done any other changes on your computer?
    • What is the make and model of your USB hard drive device?
    • Have you tried plugging it on another port?
    • What is the current version and build number of your Windows 10 Computer? To know these details, follow the steps below:
      • Select the Start button.
      • Type About your PC.
      • Press Enter to find out the version and build number of your Windows 10 PC.

Let us know the result after performing the troubleshooting steps and if your concern was left unresolved, kindly get back to us with the answers to our inquiry, so that we can assist you further.

Rey Cam, Sep 17, 2020
Thema:

1. I have very little free space on my recovery drive. - Similar Threads - very little free

2. I have very little storage in my C: Drive even after I use the Free Up Space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have very little storage in my C: Drive even after I use the Free Up Space: I have a chronic issue with my C: Drive having very little available storage even after I use the Free Up Space and even uninstall many programs including ones I want to use. I constantly clear the Recycle Bin and expunge temporary filed. Are there hidden files being added to...
  3. I have very little storage in my C: Drive even after I use the Free Up Space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have very little storage in my C: Drive even after I use the Free Up Space: I have a chronic issue with my C: Drive having very little available storage even after I use the Free Up Space and even uninstall many programs including ones I want to use. I constantly clear the Recycle Bin and expunge temporary filed. Are there hidden files being added to...
  4. I have very little storage in my C: Drive even after I use the Free Up Space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I have problem with too little space on C: drive but lots of space on D: drive.

I have problem with too little space on C: drive but lots of space on D: drive.: I have moved what I could figure out but still have things on C:. I would like to move all apps to D: since have 27 GB of apps on C:. How do I do this? I have less than 2 GB free on C: and have problems with Windows updates....
  6. I have problem with too little space on C: drive but lots of space on D: drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have problem with too little space on C: drive but lots of space on D: drive.: I have moved what I could figure out but still have things on C:. I would like to move all apps to D: since have 27 GB of apps on C:. How do I do this? I have less than 2 GB free on C: and have problems with Windows updates....
  7. I have problem with too little space on C: drive but lots of space on D: drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Why Do I Have Very Little Remaining Disk Space?

Why Do I Have Very Little Remaining Disk Space?: I purchased a second hand low spec Asus Transformer Book T100 as I only needed it for YouTube and Emails.I now need to run an Android Emulator but having issue due to the very low memory.I had around 200 MB of remaining memory so deleted all videos, mostly every photo and...
  9. free space on Recovery D.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    free space on Recovery D.: how do I free space on Recovery D..it's almost full and is running super slow. I went to clean but says there is 0 bytes on D yet its full. My laptop is running super slow....
  10. Question About Free Space on the Recovery (D) Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Question About Free Space on the Recovery (D) Drive: This may be a stupid question, but I don't know much about computers and I'm concerned, so I have to at least ask about it. I just happened to look at how much space was on my C drive, because I was considering downloading all 800 photos from my pocket camera's SD card. That...