Windows 10: I have wierd problem sound and microphone

Discus and support I have wierd problem sound and microphone in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I played a game and then randomly i lost audio and microphone sound/volume And its says (No Audio output Device is installed) And if i check Playback... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ErkkiSepp, Sep 9, 2018.

1. ErkkiSepp Win User

I have wierd problem sound and microphone

I played a game and then randomly i lost audio and microphone sound/volume

And its says (No Audio output Device is installed) And if i check Playback or Recording its empty i remember there was something

I have tried to solve it uptades, Youtube videos but nothing, can i get help and solve this problem?

This is picture what i screen shoted and fotoshop togheter

I have wierd problem sound and microphone eac9af9d-1d5f-46b5-8a12-125ebe9fd83b?upload=true.png

:)

ErkkiSepp, Sep 9, 2018
  2. Riel Alc Win User

Microphone issues

Hi Michael,

Here are the possible reasons why you're getting an error "The microphone did not pick anything up" when using it:

• Incorrect settings (microphone is not set as default device)
    • Corrupted or outdated driver
    • Faulty device

For us to isolate the issue, we'd like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made to your computer prior to this issue(e.g. Windows updates)?
    • Have you tried connecting other microphone to your computer?
    • Have you tried connecting the microphone to the other computer?

In the meantime, we suggest running the Recording Audio Troubleshooter to find and repair problems with recording sound. We also suggest checking if your microphone is set as your default recording device. For troubleshooting steps, please see
    Geethu B's on this
    link.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Sep 9, 2018
  3. Cortana Microphone headset problems.

Hi Mike,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

I understand your concern. I suggest you to follow the steps:

• Open settings by clicking thee windows icon the click settings.
    • Search Sound in the top right corner and click it.
    • Then right click the one device you want to use, then click default communication device.
    • Then try Cortana.
    As you've already set up microphone but I would suggest you to check again by typing microphone set up and go through that, it should set everything up for you.

Hope it helps. Let us know if you need more assistance and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Sep 9, 2018
  4. Geethu B Win User

I've lost the sound and the microphone.

Hi Rod,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with sound and microphone.
    I will surely help you with this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to incorrect audio settings or corrupt\outdated audio drivers.

Method 1:

To fix the issue with sound, I suggest you to try the steps in the following article and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Method 2:

To fix the issue with Microphone, I suggest you to make sure that the microphone that you are using is not disabled and is set as default in the computer. Follow these steps to check this:

a. Right-click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

b. Now, right-click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

c. Select “Microphone” and click on “Properties” and make sure that the
    microphone is enabled.

d. You may also check if the microphone that you are using is set as default.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Thank you.

Geethu B, Sep 9, 2018
Thema:

1. I have wierd problem sound and microphone - Similar Threads - wierd problem sound

2. I have problem with microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have problem with microphone: I was bought a Teclast Laptop windows 11 by my grandma and the microphone and speakers stopped working when I was working under video creator, I was online tonight with troubleshooting help and they did quick assist and got the speakers working and told me to restart my...
  3. Sound/microphone problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound/microphone problems: Hi, I have problem with my microphone on my headset. It still doesn't want to work even though it work fine on other devices and the 3.5 mm jack I also fine tested with other headphones. I have tried several aproches to resolve this problem, however all of them failed. One...
  4. Sound/microphone problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound/microphone problems: Hi, I have problem with my microphone on my headset. It still doesn't want to work even though it work fine on other devices and the 3.5 mm jack I also fine tested with other headphones. I have tried several aproches to resolve this problem, however all of them failed. One...
  5. Microphone problem and sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microphone problem and sound: My microphone is not picking up sound just staying stagnant and not moving at all. Have unmute in the setting. Pls help. Kindly help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-problem-and-sound/adc7434d-f6f8-4fbe-981c-7dbaa38a4edd
  6. Windows Wierd Sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Wierd Sound: My WINDOWS 10 is making a sound like turning on a xbox one, and its kinda anoying, if anyone can help me, please write down bellow! Thank you very much! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-wierd-sound/0e29cf4c-748a-4f95-bba8-bf9f18419b29
  7. Sound and Microphone Problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound and Microphone Problem: Hello there ! 2 days ago, I talked on aplication TeamSpeak3 completely normally, until night, when I went on sleep, and when I wanted to shut down my computer, there were " Update & Shut down". I saw that a lot of time, so I just simply clicked on that and let my computer...
  8. Wierd alert sound

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wierd alert sound: Keep getting a weird alert sound every so often my cursor flashes and then everything goes back to normal, don’t know what causes this I reset pc and problem still there. Help submitted by /u/StoleYourPillow [link] [comments]...
  9. Wierd Pop Sound

in Windows 10 Support
    Wierd Pop Sound: I don't know which category to put this in, so I guess it will be here. *Biggrin So, this is kind of a strange one: I was playing on the computer with a few friends, and suddenly there was a loud pop from somewhere, it was like a speaker going pop when you plug it in,...
  10. Wierd Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Wierd Problem: I do not even know where to put this. My client has Windows 10 on her laptop. She has no idea what she did or touched and I have no idea how to fix this. If you look at the picture, the icons are missing on the desktop and the start menu and apps are all the way up to the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. When I try to use Cortana or microphone on Lumina phone it says cant connect