Windows 10: I have win 8.1 and want to upgrade to win 10 home.

Discus and support I have win 8.1 and want to upgrade to win 10 home. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have win 8.1 and want to upgrade to win 10 home. I have purchased a win 10 that uses a thumb drive means I cannot directly download win 10 at this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DHudson66, Feb 5, 2023.

1. DHudson66 Win User

I have win 8.1 and want to upgrade to win 10 home.

I have win 8.1 and want to upgrade to win 10 home. I have purchased a win 10 that uses a thumb drive means I cannot directly download win 10 at this point.. Do I just plugin the usb thumb drive to install win 10, and it will prompt me to next steps? Will this install over my win 8.1 with no problems, or do I need to download the media creation tool? . I have backed up my pc so I wouldn't lose important files. Thanks for any help!

:)

DHudson66, Feb 5, 2023
  2. Keith_O Win User

Upgrading from WIN 8 to Win 10

hello,

I have a desktop running Win 8

Can anyone provide a step by step upgrade path/instructions to delete Win 8 and load/run Win 10..

thanks

Keith_O, Feb 5, 2023
  3. Can't upgrade from Win 8 to Win 10

Jessen P -- Thanks for responding. I looked at the link you provided, but it just provides a small list of error codes and possible causes for the error. Didn't see any steps to take to resolve the issue. And none of the listed error codes are the
    same as the one I got 0x80070006-0x90016 when I tried to upgrade to win 10.

PhilSaxton, Feb 5, 2023
  4. RealNeil Win User

Win 10 boots...

I can't answer to the speed of Win-8 booting. I tried the Win-8 preview and went back to Win-7 after a month. They say that Win-8.1 is a lot better than Win-8 was.
    My Win-10 TP is working well ATM.

RealNeil, Feb 5, 2023
Thema:

1. I have win 8.1 and want to upgrade to win 10 home. - Similar Threads - upgrade home

2. Getting a license key for a Windows 11 Home to Pro upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting a license key for a Windows 11 Home to Pro upgrade: Hi everyone,I work for an MSP and I have a managed customer who needs a few existing PC's upgraded from Windows 11 Home to Pro.I've done this before with the method of putting in a company Microsoft account with a company credit card to purchase the upgrade from right inside...
  3. Getting a license key for a Windows 11 Home to Pro upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting a license key for a Windows 11 Home to Pro upgrade: Hi everyone,I work for an MSP and I have a managed customer who needs a few existing PC's upgraded from Windows 11 Home to Pro.I've done this before with the method of putting in a company Microsoft account with a company credit card to purchase the upgrade from right inside...
  4. Windows 11 Home, the screen does not resume from sleep after the last upgrade. At the same...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Home, the screen does not resume from sleep after the last upgrade. At the same...: Windows 11 Home, the screen does not resume from sleep after the last upgrade. At the same time, the laptop still works normally in the background. I have to use a hard reset....
  5. Windows 11 Home, the screen does not resume from sleep after the last upgrade. At the same...

Windows 11 Home, the screen does not resume from sleep after the last upgrade. At the same...: Windows 11 Home, the screen does not resume from sleep after the last upgrade. At the same time, the laptop still works normally in the background. I have to use a hard reset....
  6. Upgrade from Windows11 home to Windows 11 Pro Failed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade from Windows11 home to Windows 11 Pro Failed.: I bought an Acer Aspire Evro 16 with Windows 11 Home pre installed.I have paid £119.99 to Microsoft store, order number 3548372093, to upgrade to Windows 11 Pro. When I tried to perform the upgrade it produced the error 0x80070490. Where do I go to resolve this situation?...
  7. Upgrade from Windows11 home to Windows 11 Pro Failed.

Upgrade from Windows11 home to Windows 11 Pro Failed.: I bought an Acer Aspire Evro 16 with Windows 11 Home pre installed.I have paid £119.99 to Microsoft store, order number 3548372093, to upgrade to Windows 11 Pro. When I tried to perform the upgrade it produced the error 0x80070490. Where do I go to resolve this situation?...
  8. Errors when upgrading Windows edition on laptop from Home to Education edition.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Errors when upgrading Windows edition on laptop from Home to Education edition.: Hi,For reference: I am using Windows 11 home edition on ROG Zephyrus G14 and I am in Canada. I got my keys using my student account on Azure portalI am trying to upgrade the Windows on my laptop from the OEM home edition to the Education edition. I have two keys: one key for...
  9. Errors when upgrading Windows edition on laptop from Home to Education edition.

Errors when upgrading Windows edition on laptop from Home to Education edition.: Hi,For reference: I am using Windows 11 home edition on ROG Zephyrus G14 and I am in Canada. I got my keys using my student account on Azure portalI am trying to upgrade the Windows on my laptop from the OEM home edition to the Education edition. I have two keys: one key for...
  10. I purchased an upgrade from Windows 11 Home to Pro, but it's not working

I purchased an upgrade from Windows 11 Home to Pro, but it's not working: Yesterday I purchased from the Microsoft Online Store an upgrade for Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro. I was billed for £119.99 UK pounds sterling and received an invoice by email. My bank account has been debited for the whole amount. However, I did not receive any...