Windows 10: I have Windows 10 Education Edition. Accidentally installed while internet was plugged in....

Discus and support I have Windows 10 Education Edition. Accidentally installed while internet was plugged in.... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So, I have Windows 10 Education Edition Key. I installed it on my harddrive, but realized that there was a way to get an "offline" account like Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/JustthenewsonCS, Jan 16, 2020.

1. I have Windows 10 Education Edition. Accidentally installed while internet was plugged in....

So, I have Windows 10 Education Edition Key. I installed it on my harddrive, but realized that there was a way to get an "offline" account like Windows 7 had by simply unplugging the internet (it is dishonest how Microsoft now hides that option, I wasn't even aware it was an option).

Anyways, I want my OS completely disconnected from whatever "online account" I made with microsoft. That includes not having the key linked to it. How can I do this?

Can I, for example, simply plug in my USB with the ISO image and boot from it and reload windows with the internet unplugged? Would that fix the issue? Is there a limit on how many times I can do that? Also, would my computer now still be linked to my online account due to my key being used with it before and my computer using the key?

Two, how can I make sure that the education edition only uses "security" telemetry (as I guess that is an option)? I tried it under my first installation...but it said "Enterprise Only" next to the option for security.

Thanks for any help with this. Frusterated with my first experience with this. I really do not want my Microsoft account linked to my OS or computer. Hoping I didn't mess this up already.

submitted by /u/JustthenewsonCS
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/JustthenewsonCS, Jan 16, 2020

2. Change from Windows 10 Education edition to Windows 10 Professional

Windows 10 Education is an academic edition of Windows 10 used in schools. Features like Cortana are removed because of the environment it is used in.

Windows 10 Pro Education builds on the commercial version of Windows 10 Pro and provides important management controls needed in schools. Windows 10 Pro Education is effectively a variant of Windows 10 Pro that provides education-specific default settings,
    including the removal of Cortana1. These default settings disable tips, tricks and suggestions & Windows Store suggestions.

Windows 10 editions for education customers

If you want to downgrade to the Windows 10 Pro edition, you will need to perform a clean install and you will need a unique product key to install it. The Windows 10 Pro Edu or Windows 10 Education key will not activate Windows 10 Pro.

If you don't have a license for Windows 10 Pro, you will either need to request it from the institution you got Windows 10 Education; or you will have to purchase a license for Pro, then perform a clean install.

Step 1: Buy Windows 10 Home/Pro

Step 2: How to: Perform a clean install of Windows 10

Andre Da Costa, Jan 16, 2020
  3. Windows Education Issue

Are you have Windows 10 Education installed?

To find out if you have the right edition installed:

Click Start > Settings > Update & security > Activation > Edition.

If you don't have the right edition installed, you will need to download and install it.

Step 1:

Download Windows 10 Education ISO files

If you attend a college or university, your institution might provide you with the Education edition of Windows 10. If you are only provided with a license (product key), you can download the .ISO file from the Microsoft Download Academic Products website.

Go to the following link: Download Windows 10 Academic ISO

I have Windows 10 Education Edition. Accidentally installed while internet was plugged in.... 9b4ebea7-eec2-4952-bf58-fc24a900ff8a.png

Scroll down then enter your Windows 10 Education product key, then click verify

I have Windows 10 Education Edition. Accidentally installed while internet was plugged in.... 4b50baf3-7735-4510-a5df-60c21b90e0cf.png

Step 2: Create a bootable copy:

Step 3: perform a clean install:

Andre Da Costa, Jan 16, 2020
  4. I have Windows 10 Education Edition. Accidentally installed while internet was plugged in....

Windows 10 Pro Education Edition ISO?

Yeah, I'm well aware of that. No Product codes were listed for Pro Education last time I looked though. Or I'd be running it for a look see.

alphanumeric, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

I have Windows 10 Education Edition. Accidentally installed while internet was plugged in....

1. I have Windows 10 Education Edition. Accidentally installed while internet was plugged in.... - Similar Threads - Education Edition Accidentally

2. Windows 10, Editions, Pro Education, Enterprise & Education, Edition Comparison.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10, Editions, Pro Education, Enterprise & Education, Edition Comparison.: Hello! I have Question About Windows Editions, specificly about Windows Edition Comparisons.I Already Did Read Refrence Link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/windows-10-editions-for-education-customers-bf2572aa-5555-2b1e-f7ce-81e8ba890444But it does not give more...
  3. Windows 10, Editions, Pro Education, Enterprise & Education, Edition Comparison.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10, Editions, Pro Education, Enterprise & Education, Edition Comparison.: Hello! I have Question About Windows Editions, specificly about Windows Edition Comparisons.I Already Did Read Refrence Link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/windows-10-editions-for-education-customers-bf2572aa-5555-2b1e-f7ce-81e8ba890444But it does not give more...
  4. Windows 10, Editions, Pro Education, Enterprise & Education, Edition Comparison.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I have accidentally bought a copy of Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have accidentally bought a copy of Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition: Hello, Today, I bought a copy of Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition. However, rather than buying the copy as a gift for my friend, I have accidentally bought it for my Microsoft account. I've been searching the Internet trying to find a solution for three hours now, yet I couldn't...
  6. I have accidentally bought a copy of Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have accidentally bought a copy of Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition: Hello, Today, I bought a copy of Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition. However, rather than buying the copy as a gift for my friend, I have accidentally bought it for my Microsoft account. I've been searching the Internet trying to find a solution for three hours now, yet I couldn't...
  7. Windows 10 Education Edition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Education Edition: Hi all, My wife can get Windows 10 Education Edition through her college. I plan on getting her a custom built desktop. What do I need to do to get windows activated on the new computer? Is it as simple as turning on the new computer, connecting to the internet and...
  8. I have a windows 10 education

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I have a windows 10 education: I have a windows 10 education product key, and used it on my computer. The make a restore disk keeps failing, and I want to have a copy of windows 10 education on a boot-able flash drive in case I need it because of problems. I can't find where to get it though. Can anyone...
  9. Windows 10 Education Edition

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 Education Edition: Hi I am Faisal Khan from India, and I am student of National Institute of Open Schooling simply NIOS which is the largest Open schooling community currently I am using pirated windows 10 due to restriction of my parents, I want to use genuine window because pirated is very...
  10. Windows 10 Education edition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Education edition: I have an OEM license Windows 7 Home Premium and I upgraded to Windows 10 Home during initial period of Windows 10 free upgrade. My questions are: (1) Can I upgrade again to Windows 10 education edition from Windows 10 Home provided by my university volume licensing? It is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. accidentally installed windows 10 education