Windows 10: I have windows 10 pro-legitimately purchased, in another desktop I have(Dell Optiplex780...

Discus and support I have windows 10 pro-legitimately purchased, in another desktop I have(Dell Optiplex780... in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; The desktop is not working after I got updates on 18 March 2019.Keyboard and mouse are not working after the bootup. So I have communicate using my... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by kumaran.k.u, Mar 21, 2019.

1. I have windows 10 pro-legitimately purchased, in another desktop I have(Dell Optiplex780...

The desktop is not working after I got updates on 18 March 2019.Keyboard and mouse are not working after the bootup. So I have communicate using my laptop. Please help me.

:)

kumaran.k.u, Mar 21, 2019

2. Returned the ASUS and purchased a Dell

I have made my decision and I am returning the Dell. After my money is refunded, I will have to do research and will have a choice on what to find that fits into my budget but better than the Dell. I hate returning things like this. It is so frustrating. I know a lot of you have recommended brands, models, and told me where to purchase a computer from, but if some of you could re-list some suggestions that would be very much appreciated. I need all of the help I can get with this.

Jesse Williams, Mar 21, 2019
  3. nkienitz Win User
    Windows 10 Pro or Windows 8 Pro from Windows 7 Pro ?

Just replaced motherboard on my old Dell D830 that I had upgraded to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7 Pro last August.

Went through steps on setting up new MOBO and it is up/working just fine.

I happened to run Belarc Advisor just to get a snapshot of data for the file. What is interesting is that Belarc indicates the O/S is Windows 8 Pro (build 9200).

I looked at another recent thread here at TenForums and also took some of the steps suggested and figured that maybe I needed to install or re-install Windows 10. I checked the Update/Security/Activation tab and it indicates that Windows 10 Pro is installed, activated with a digital entitlement.

So ... why does Belarc seem to see only Windows 8 Pro? Maybe because of the "maturity" of the D830? I know that Dell has disclaimers at their site that says the D830 has not been certified for Windows 10.

So, it is working, but the data from Belarc just has me scratching my head.

Any suggestions or thoughts?

nkienitz, Mar 21, 2019
  4. I have windows 10 pro-legitimately purchased, in another desktop I have(Dell Optiplex780...

Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will assist you in the best possible ways.

I suggest you to download and create an installation media for Windows 10 Pro form the link provided below:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-download/windows10

After the installation media is created, suggest you to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the installation media. When the upgrade asks for product key, enter the product key purchased for Windows 10 Pro. If it does not accept, suggest you to skip the activation
    step. After the Operating System is installed, suggest you to activate by phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 21, 2019
Thema:

I have windows 10 pro-legitimately purchased, in another desktop I have(Dell Optiplex780...

1. I have windows 10 pro-legitimately purchased, in another desktop I have(Dell Optiplex780... - Similar Threads - pro legitimately purchased

2. May I have a commerical ticket for Windows 10 Pro for the workstation that was purchased...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    May I have a commerical ticket for Windows 10 Pro for the workstation that was purchased...: May I have a commercial ticket for Windows 10 Pro for the workstation that was purchased needing to be unlinked and installed? Tech is waiting to help me as soon as he see the ticket for tit!...
  3. I have lost my C Drive on my Dell desktop.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I have lost my C Drive on my Dell desktop.: I have lost my C Drive on my Dell desktop. Everything was just fine until did a restart after an upgrade. Now all I can get is the following message. "Your PC did not start correctly. " Press restart, to restart your PC, which sometimes fix the problem. You can also press...
  4. I am unable to download a game i have purchased

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am unable to download a game i have purchased: I bought a copy of Minecraft for Windows 10 and used it with my laptop for years. After a re-install of Windows 10 my Xbox live account and Microsoft accounts are fine and they recognise my device perfectly until I go to my Library, which knows that I own Minecraft, but has...
  5. I have a Windows 10 Dell PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have a Windows 10 Dell PC: I printed some emails from my Hotmail account, and they all came out with grossly oversized fonts. What the heck is wrong and how do I fix it? TIA! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-windows-10-dell-pc/26852d1e-539b-4fad-b447-27098cd77f3a
  6. I have a Dell computer with windows 10. with it I have an HP printer model officejetpro...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I have a Dell computer with windows 10. with it I have an HP printer model officejetpro...: I have a Dell computer with windows 10. with it I have an HP printer model officejetpro 8715. I cannot seem to print anything to it, it indicates I am offline....
  7. I have purchased a game but its trying to download to a full drive. I have another drive...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I have purchased a game but its trying to download to a full drive. I have another drive...: I have purchased a game but its trying to download to a full drive. I have another drive with loads of space. How do I redirect it please?...
  8. I have another question

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have another question: I'm presenting problems with my wifi network, it disconnects, it's very slow, sometimes I cannot connect my laptop with windows 10, my iphone cell connects normally https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-another-question/2f098d97-1b87-49da-81bb-c6353944be09
  9. Have Dell Inspirion 5759 laptop, but system now shows I have Desktop-MPG2N4B

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Have Dell Inspirion 5759 laptop, but system now shows I have Desktop-MPG2N4B: I have a Dell Inspirion 5759 laptop, but my system now shows I have Desktop-MPG2N4B Does that mean my laptop has been hijacked? What can I do?...
  10. Do I have to have Windows 10 Pro to get remote access?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Do I have to have Windows 10 Pro to get remote access?: Do I have to have Windows 10 Pro to get remote access? Is there other software to do this? Is 10-Pro required on both computers, if I have to get 10-Pro?...