Windows 10: I have Windows 10, should I add Malwarebytes to the Microsoft Virus & Threat protection?

Discus and support I have Windows 10, should I add Malwarebytes to the Microsoft Virus & Threat protection? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have Windows 10, it came with my PC new. I have Microsoft Virus & Threat protection that came with the Windows 10, that is, I believe, updated and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BobEmm, May 15, 2020.

1. BobEmm Win User

I have Windows 10, should I add Malwarebytes to the Microsoft Virus & Threat protection?

I have Windows 10, it came with my PC new. I have Microsoft Virus & Threat protection that came with the Windows 10, that is, I believe, updated and supported by Microsoft on a regular basis.

Should I add the free version of Malwarebytes https://www.malwarebytes.com/ for further protection?

Would adding the free version of Malwarebytes increase my protection a lot?

Thank you,

Bob

:)

BobEmm, May 15, 2020
  2. JCH54 Win User

virus and threat protection

Virus and threat protection has stopped and will not restart, Windows 10 ver 1709, antimalware client ver 4.12.16299.15 . SuperAntiSpyware installed.

I have tried most of the suggestions from the support pages, all have been ineffective. Any suggestions

Moved from: Virus and Malware / Windows Defender / Updating Virus and Spyware Definitions / Windows 10

JCH54, May 15, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Virus threat protection

Hi Valentin

As an alternative approach, you can allow that utility through the Controlled Folder Access section of WIndows 10 security . . .

Open Windows Defender Security Center

Go to Virus & threat protection - Virus & threat protection settings

Scroll down to Controlled folder access

From there, you can add Dell Data Vault to the list of safe or allowed apps to prevent it from being blocked

Please do not leave Controlled Folder Access turned off permanently

DaveM121, May 15, 2020
  4. imwhomim Win User

I have Windows 10, should I add Malwarebytes to the Microsoft Virus & Threat protection?

Virus and Threat protection

NOTICE: After, installing 1909 update, Windows Defender, Virus and Threat protection, is / was "OFF". IS this common? Is this a bug? NO MESSAGE appeared in my Notification Area.. ONLY, by chance, did I notice, and turn it back on. I'd suggest.. AT
    ALL TIMES.. 'WHENEVER' MY virus protection is turned off.. BY DEFAULT... I 'SHOULD' BE NOTIFIED! YOUR thoughts on this?

imwhomim, May 15, 2020
Thema:

1. I have Windows 10, should I add Malwarebytes to the Microsoft Virus & Threat protection? - Similar Threads - should add Malwarebytes

2. microsoft virus and threat protection support

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft virus and threat protection support: Hi , I'm programmer .I writed software in VB 6 15 years a go and now this software used on more computers in many countries. After last update for Windows 10 i received many messages from clients . My program is recognized as a Trojan/Win32.XWormRAT virus and microsoft virus...
  3. microsoft virus and threat protection support

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    microsoft virus and threat protection support: Hi , I'm programmer .I writed software in VB 6 15 years a go and now this software used on more computers in many countries. After last update for Windows 10 i received many messages from clients . My program is recognized as a Trojan/Win32.XWormRAT virus and microsoft virus...
  4. microsoft defender virus and threat protection

microsoft defender virus and threat protection: Virus and threat protection in Settings, Security at a glance "Threat service has stopped. Restart it now." "Unexpected error. Sorry, we ran into a problem. Please try again."Account protection, Firewall & Network protection, App & browser control, and Device security are all...
  5. Having issue with Virus and Threat Protection

Having issue with Virus and Threat Protection: I just noticed this today, and I am not even sure it is an actual issue to be worried about. I have Windows 10 with a built-in Defender as my anti-virus. I also have a Malwarebytes program I use as well on occasion just to double check for malware. For some reason today, in...
  6. Should I get a virus protection?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Should I get a virus protection?: Should I get a separate virus protection that is separate to windows defender? if so, what is the best recommended anti-virus protection to get that is free? submitted by /u/quinkei [link] [comments]...
  7. Virus and threat protection in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Virus and threat protection in Windows 10: Virus and threat protection will not update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-and-threat-protection-in-windows-10/0cf2e4c1-d2e9-4eee-ba2c-b6529613d5cb
  8. Virus and threat protection on windows 10

Virus and threat protection on windows 10: I wanted to open my virus and threat protection but it shows " Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app,and the item you tried to access is not available.Contact IT help desk for more information." Can anyone pls tell me how to fix it < and when i...
  9. Windows Security Virus & Threat Protection using Malwarebytes

Windows Security Virus & Threat Protection using Malwarebytes: On my Win10 PC, i have Malwarebytes configured to provide me with Windows Security's Virus & Threat Protection. The Windows Security icon always loads in the system tray before the Malwarebytes icon. Most of the time, on startup, the Windows Security's icon loads with a...
  10. Windows 10 Virus & threat protection

Windows 10 Virus & threat protection: I am trying to turn on windows 10 virus & threat protection but get warning that your virus and threat protection is managed by your organization. I am the only one using this computer....