Windows 10: I have Windows 10 Software. Does USB 3.0 work?

Discus and support I have Windows 10 Software. Does USB 3.0 work? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Does Windows 10 support USB 3.0?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by rmackin, Aug 14, 2018.

1. rmackin Win User

I have Windows 10 Software. Does USB 3.0 work?

Does Windows 10 support USB 3.0?

:)

rmackin, Aug 14, 2018

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Aug 14, 2018
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Aug 14, 2018
  4. foxslink Win User

USB 3 Ports not working

Hi folks,
    i was trying to copy some files from an external drive using the usb 3 port on my M/B but it doesnt work, i downloaded the drivers from the Manufacturers website but no luck either, am i missing an important step here? i havent checked the Bios yet
    GA-Z170XP-SLI (rev. 1.0) | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global

foxslink, Aug 14, 2018
Thema:

1. I have Windows 10 Software. Does USB 3.0 work? - Similar Threads - Software Does USB

2. All USB 3 ports are not working. USB 2 are working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All USB 3 ports are not working. USB 2 are working.: All USB 3 ports are not working. USB 2 are working. Its not bios because I am dual booting another windows drive on same computer and there is no problem on that drive. I have tried all power mgmt and driver un/installs but nothing is changed. So I suspect something in...
  3. All USB 3 ports are not working. USB 2 are working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    All USB 3 ports are not working. USB 2 are working.: All USB 3 ports are not working. USB 2 are working. Its not bios because I am dual booting another windows drive on same computer and there is no problem on that drive. I have tried all power mgmt and driver un/installs but nothing is changed. So I suspect something in...
  4. USB-3 ports not working Windows 10

USB-3 ports not working Windows 10: I don't know when it happened, because I haven't tried to use my USB ports in a while, but today I discovered that all of them are not working. The USB-C port is working fine. I have tried Restarting the computer Changing USB cords, devices, ports Changing the power...
  5. Does windows have an inbuilt macro software?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does windows have an inbuilt macro software?: Basically I want to create a keyboard macro. For example: When I hold they key # it keeps outputting "ababababab" till I release it. Is this possible in Windows without using third party software? submitted by /u/noobatanything [link] [comments]...
  6. Asrock z68 extreme 3, USB 3 ports on the I/O not working.. I noticed that I don't have any...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Asrock z68 extreme 3, USB 3 ports on the I/O not working.. I noticed that I don't have any...: Usb 2.0 works fine submitted by /u/EffectsTV [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gbhqtl/asrock_z68_extreme_3_usb_3_ports_on_the_io_not/
  7. Windows 10 usb 3

Windows 10 usb 3: Hi, I have an audio interface Roland Quad-Capture that only works via USB 2. On the new laptop I have been given Dell precision 7510 there are only USB 3 ports. I checked with manufacturer, the interface will not work properly unless plugged in USB 2. What could I do?...
  8. USB 3 ports not working with USB 3 Devices

USB 3 ports not working with USB 3 Devices: I have had this problem since February and not sure what to do. All of my USB 3 ports are not recognized by my computer as USB 3 ports only as USB 2/1.[ATTACH] The two active ports you see there are USB 3 ports, but they don't work as USB 3 ports. If any one has had this...
  9. Does Malwarebytes 3 conflict with other security software's?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Does Malwarebytes 3 conflict with other security software's?: Malwarebytes 3 offers many more protection settings now but are any of them known to conflict with other security programs? For example, Malwarebytes 3 has individual application protection and application hardening like DEP, anti-heap spraying enforcement etc for which I...
  10. software and USB not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    software and USB not working: I have a ASUS notebook, running McAfee Enterprise edition fire wall and anti virus. I have run windows 7 Professional, for several years with the same software with out a problem. I installed the aniversary edition of windows 10, since that time I have been unable to connect...