Windows 10: I have windows 11, can I use the app Send to OneNote

Discus and support I have windows 11, can I use the app Send to OneNote in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have windows 11, can I use the app Send to OneNote... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Danae Brown, Mar 18, 2023.

1. I have windows 11, can I use the app Send to OneNote

I have windows 11, can I use the app Send to OneNote

:)

Danae Brown, Mar 18, 2023

2. Send to onenote

Hi,

It may be an issue with the add ins in OneNote, we suggest that you disable OneNote add-on and enable it. To do so, follow the steps below:

• Open Internet Explorer.
    • Click Manage add-ons.
    • On the left pane, click Toolbars and Extensions.
    • On the right hand side of the page check for Send to OneNote add-on. Highlight
      Send to OneNote and click on disable.
    • Once the add-on is disabled highlight the add-on again and enable it.
    Note: To enable the File menu in Internet Explorer press the
    Alt
    key on your keyboard.

You may also perform an online repair in Office 2007, to do an Online repair, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + X.
    • Click Control Panel.
    • Click Programs and Features.
    • Right click Microsoft Office, click Change.
    • Choose Online repair.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.
    Let us know how it goes.

Jesebel Ova, Mar 18, 2023
  3. Send to OneNote Store App not working

Hi everyone,

I did a clean install of Windows 10 Creators Update on my SP4 yesterday. Today I installed the Send to OneNote App from the store.

My current Print interface looks like this:

I have windows 11, can I use the app Send to OneNote ee089e37-f76a-45c1-b4c7-c8d8d2b5a877.png

If I select "Send to OneNote 16", OneNote 2016 opens and I am able to select the destination in the Win32 OneNote app. However, if I select "Send to OneNote", it loads for a second, the Printer icon appears on the task bar, but
    then nothing happens anymore. "Send to OneNote" comes from the Store app https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9mvjm1z9vwjd and should let me send files etc. directly to the OneNote UWP app. I prefer this one
    because I only use the UWP app and its not that convenient to open the Win32 app ever time I want to send something to OneNote. The send to OneNote app worked without issues before I reinstalled Windows 10.

Sky Pei from Microsoft confirmed this issue and directed me to this category, see https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...6cf3503b9?tab=question&status=AllReplies#tabs

I already tried:

- Installing the "Send to OneNote" app with another account on the same maschine.

- Reinstalling the "Send to OneNote" app several times

- Reinstalling OneNote UWP using the Powershell command

- Manually adding the Printer selecting: "Microsoft Software Printer Driver"

I have a Surface Pro 4 i5 with 128GB and 4GB RAM, running a clean install of the Creators update

Please let me know if you need any further information.

Thanks,

Raphael

RaphaelBreitner, Mar 18, 2023
  4. I have windows 11, can I use the app Send to OneNote

OneNote and Windows 11

Oh boy ... did you open a can of worms.

OneNote has gone through a long and twisted history, which is classic Microsoft. From my own notes:

There are actually three versions of OneNote for Windows:

• OneNote, formerly known as OneNote 2016
    • OneNote for Windows 10 - in Windows 11 it's called OneNote for Windows
    • OneNote for the Web

Each version of OneNote is free, and each version stores its notebooks in your OneDrive.

OneNote

This is the OneNote desktop app, and it's the version of OneNote that is included with an Office 365 subscription.

This is the version of OneNote that has (for now) the most features and the most customization options, i.e., in File > Options. It is the only version of OneNote that has the Office ribbon interface, and it is the only version of OneNote that can use OneTastic.

This is also the only version of OneNote that supports local notebooks, exclusively or in addition to cloud storage, and local backups of local notebooks. (The OneNote app works similarly to the OneDrive app in that it can sync local notebooks with cloud notebooks.)

OneNote can also be installed as a standalone app, i.e., without a subscription to Office 365. However, when used with an Office 365 subscription, i.e., when you are signed in to Office 365, OneNote has premium features that are not available to the standalone app.

Both the Office 365 version and the standalone version of OneNote can be updated through Windows Update, if you choose to receive updates for other Microsoft products when you update Windows.

OneNote for Windows (10)

This is the OneNote Microsoft Store app, and it's the version of OneNote that is pre-installed on all editions of Windows 10 and 11.

OneNote for Windows has (for now) fewer features and fewer customization options than OneNote. It has a single-line ribbon interface and it cannot use OneTastic.

OneNote for Windows and OneNote (the desktop app) can be installed on the same computer and used interchangeably. However, only one of them can be the default OneNote app.

OneNote for Windows can be installed as a standalone app, i.e., without a subscription to Office 365. However, when used with an Office 365 subscription, i.e., when you are signed in to Office 365, OneNote for Windows has premium features that are not available to the standalone app.

OneNote for Windows can only be updated from Microsoft Store.

Microsoft has gone back and forth with OneNote and OneNote for Windows. Originally, OneNote for Windows was going to become the primary OneNote application, and OneNote (the desktop app) was going to become deprecated. Then Microsoft changed course, and made OneNote (the desktop app) the primary version of OneNote. More recently Microsoft has changed course again, and now OneNote for Windows is favored for development. Who knows what will happen tomorrow.

Personally, I use OneNote for Windows, for two reasons: (1) It has come very close to OneNote (the desktop app) in features; and (2) OneNote has always had trouble syncing to the cloud.

OneNote for the Web

This is the OneNote online web service. You can use OneNote for the Web with any web browser.

To use OneNote for the Web, go to Microsoft OneNote | The digital note-taking app for your devices with any modern web browser and sign in with your Microsoft account. You must have a Microsoft account to use OneNote for the Web.

OneNote for the Web has the fewest features and options of any version of OneNote for Windows. It has a single-line ribbon interface and it cannot use OneTastic.

Because OneNote for the Web is an online service rather than an installed app, it’s always up to date.

RottweilerX, Mar 18, 2023
Thema:

I have windows 11, can I use the app Send to OneNote

1. I have windows 11, can I use the app Send to OneNote - Similar Threads - app Send OneNote

2. I don't have OneNote for Windows 10 in my version of windows, how can I install it? but I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I don't have OneNote for Windows 10 in my version of windows, how can I install it? but I...: I don't have OneNote for Windows 10 in my version of windows 10, how can I install it? I have regular OneNote but I don't want to use it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-have-onenote-for-windows-10-in-my-version/c395a916-8943-4a54-91bf-a6ec66136d6e
  3. I don't have OneNote for Windows 10 in my version of windows, how can I install it? but I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I don't have OneNote for Windows 10 in my version of windows, how can I install it? but I...: I don't have OneNote for Windows 10 in my version of windows 10, how can I install it? I have regular OneNote but I don't want to use it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-have-onenote-for-windows-10-in-my-version/c395a916-8943-4a54-91bf-a6ec66136d6e
  4. I have windows 11, can I use the app Send to OneNote

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have windows 11, can I use the app Send to OneNote: I have windows 11, can I use the app Send to OneNote https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-windows-11-can-i-use-the-app-send-to/89a9d6d5-4db0-4b1d-95da-4ccf694c22ea
  5. Can I send files using Phone Link?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I send files using Phone Link?: Greetings,I've connected my Galaxy Tab A7 Lite with Phone Link. Can I share files between the two devices? I've uploaded a screenshot to OneDrive. I don't see an option to share files.Thanks,Shane....
  6. Can I send files using Phone Link?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I send files using Phone Link?: Greetings,I've connected my Galaxy Tab A7 Lite with Phone Link. Can I share files between the two devices? I've uploaded a screenshot to OneDrive. I don't see an option to share files.Thanks,Shane....
  7. Hello, I'm having trouble sending to OneNote 2016. It sends to the other OneNote account

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hello, I'm having trouble sending to OneNote 2016. It sends to the other OneNote account: I had uninstalled the other OneNote account and now cannot seem to print/save as/send to OneNote 2016. Please advise? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-im-having-trouble-sending-to-onenote-2016-it/d05fcb5a-d3ea-4e4e-aacd-d0119132f331
  8. Can I use Onenote offline?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Can I use Onenote offline?: I've been using Evernote for some time but decided to use OneNote instead but when I open it Microsoft are all over me getting me to login to my MS account which I don't want to do. I just want to use it offline without involving MS. Can I do that? I don't want to use...
  9. OneNote: Can I uninstall the OneNote APP from Windows 10?

OneNote: Can I uninstall the OneNote APP from Windows 10?: I have OneNote 2010 installed and don't want the Windows 10 OneNote APP. How can I remove the app or keep it from opening when I click on shortcuts like this: onenote:///O:\OneNote_Catalog\Catalog\Root.one#section-id={4B915525-1062-4367-B052-4B5CE174AF49}&end The...
  10. I have 2 OneNote apps in my Start menu!

I have 2 OneNote apps in my Start menu!: Hello all, I have 2 OneNote apps in All apps. One is looking like the normal app but the other one looks like a pending to download one. How can i remove the pending one? When i click on it, it takes me to the Store. But there is no update in the Store all i get is a blank...