Windows 10: I have windows 11 home s mode. I cannot access privacy & security. I get a error message...

Discus and support I have windows 11 home s mode. I cannot access privacy & security. I get a error message... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have windows 11 home s mode and the privacy and security won't open. It says I'm protected but won't open when I click open security. I get a blank... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Michael Weik, May 20, 2024.

1. I have windows 11 home s mode. I cannot access privacy & security. I get a error message...

I have windows 11 home s mode and the privacy and security won't open. It says I'm protected but won't open when I click open security. I get a blank screen and when i click on one if the icons, I get a weird msg I'm denied and to contact my IT dept. I don't have this issue with my other computers in 11 s mode.

:)

Michael Weik, May 20, 2024

2. Windows Update Error Message 0x80070543

Ya Ya Ya, there's over a hundred threads like this, ...

Anyway, started getting this error message a few days ago, and done a lot of searching on this error message, apparently it's not, uncommon.

In particular, the (currently) 4 updates that are being affected are:
    • Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3173428) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3172729) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3174060) - Error 0x80070543
    • Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3176493) - Error 0x80070543

The actions I've taken to date are:
    1. Uninstalled firewall program (comodo)
    2. Uninstalled anti-virus (Avast)
    3. Reset the windows update catalog on local machine.

So the above errors are with the above done.

What other steps should I be taking to resolve the issue?

Below is notations for when I actually add to this thread.

1. Attempted to use the troubleshooter, no dice.

cDreamDancer, May 20, 2024
  3. Privacy and Security settings in windows 11 don't respond.

I'm unable to access my Privacy and security settings in windows 11.

James Swartz1, May 20, 2024
  4. I have windows 11 home s mode. I cannot access privacy & security. I get a error message...

cannot access file/or permissions

I have a file i need to run on Windows 7 Home Premium. I get the error message saying "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

So I right click and choose Properties to access the permissions but I cannot. In the Security tab I get a message saying, " You do not have permission to view or edit this objects permission settings.".

Next I boot into the Windows 7 Hidden Administrator Mode - and even with this I get all the same error messages.

Please help me as I really need to run This file.

John Phoenix, May 20, 2024
Thema:

I have windows 11 home s mode. I cannot access privacy & security. I get a error message...

1. I have windows 11 home s mode. I cannot access privacy & security. I get a error message... - Similar Threads - home mode cannot

2. I have windows 11 home s mode. I cannot access privacy & security. I get a error message...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have windows 11 home s mode. I cannot access privacy & security. I get a error message...: I have windows 11 home s mode and the privacy and security won't open. It says I'm protected but won't open when I click open security. I get a blank screen and when i click on one if the icons, I get a weird msg I'm denied and to contact my IT dept. I don't have this issue...
  3. I cannot get out of s mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot get out of s mode: I am trying desperately to get out of s mode, clicking the link on Switching out of S mode in Windows - Microsoft Support, doesnt do a thing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-get-out-of-s-mode/ceafb459-8db2-407a-a524-f2d4ad2984ba
  4. I cannot get out of s mode

I cannot get out of s mode: I am trying desperately to get out of s mode, clicking the link on Switching out of S mode in Windows - Microsoft Support, doesnt do a thing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-get-out-of-s-mode/ceafb459-8db2-407a-a524-f2d4ad2984ba
  5. I cannot access privacy and security settings on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot access privacy and security settings on Windows 11: I am unable to access my Privacy and Security settings, after a fresh windows install. I had a problem installing your latest cumulative update, so had to do a full Windows reinstall, I now get the following error message when trying to access my Privacy and Security...
  6. I cannot access privacy and security settings on Windows 11

I cannot access privacy and security settings on Windows 11: I am unable to access my Privacy and Security settings, after a fresh windows install. I had a problem installing your latest cumulative update, so had to do a full Windows reinstall, I now get the following error message when trying to access my Privacy and Security...
  7. Cannot get out of S mode Windows 11 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot get out of S mode Windows 11 Home: I cannot switch off S mode Windows 11 Home. After clicking "Get" on the Store, I keep getting the message "Try that again, something happened on our part" for the last two days already. I tried several of the solutions posted on the web and nothing worked. Please help me...
  8. Cannot get out of S mode Windows 11 Home

Cannot get out of S mode Windows 11 Home: I cannot switch off S mode Windows 11 Home. After clicking "Get" on the Store, I keep getting the message "Try that again, something happened on our part" for the last two days already. I tried several of the solutions posted on the web and nothing worked. Please help me...
  9. I cannot get out of S mode on windows 11. I have tried everything that I found or was sent...

I cannot get out of S mode on windows 11. I have tried everything that I found or was sent...: I am unable to disable S mode on Windows 11. I have tried all suggestion and information that I have found with no success. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-get-out-of-s-mode-on-windows-11-i-have/80a958ae-ddab-49b8-ab50-4dabab4fc949
  10. I cannot get out of S mode

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I cannot get out of S mode: I bought a new laptop today, inside was the paperwork to take i tout of S mode. When I go into Settings/Update & Security/ Activision.......I DO see the "Upgrade your edition of Windows" Sol it says If you see that, "Be careful NOT to click on Go to the store" Ok.... Well...