Windows 10: i have windows 11, signed in as Administrator and cannot activate Location Services it is...

Discus and support i have windows 11, signed in as Administrator and cannot activate Location Services it is... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; i have windows 11, signed in as Administrator and cannot activate Location Services it is grayed. is this normal or how can i resolve this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dennis outlook dp--53, May 26, 2024.

1. i have windows 11, signed in as Administrator and cannot activate Location Services it is...

i have windows 11, signed in as Administrator and cannot activate Location Services it is grayed. is this normal or how can i resolve this?

:)

Dennis outlook dp--53, May 26, 2024

2. Location service is greyed out

Hi Shahriar,

Thank you for responding.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused for you, I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check If it helps.

Step 1: Steps to turn on the Location settings.

• Login as an administrator.
    • Press Windows key, type Location settings and select
      Change location settings.
    • Check whether Location for this device is On by clicking on
      Change
    • Also turn on Location as well.

Step 2: And as you are unable to set the service Geolocation service to automatic, I suggest you to run SFC scan and check.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Try to set the service to automatic by following the steps provided in the above post by Praveen Venugopal.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, May 26, 2024
  3. Why I Can't activate Location Services?

Hi Aaron,

Thank you for responding.

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Follow the steps to turn on the Location settings.
    • Login as an administrator.
    • Press Windows key, type Location settings and select
      Change location settings.
    • Check whether Location for this device is On by clicking on
      Change
    • Also turn on Location as well.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, May 26, 2024
  4. i have windows 11, signed in as Administrator and cannot activate Location Services it is...

Windows 10 location Service

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.
    • Are you using domain network?

Location controls might be turned off or on, and you may be unable to change these settings, if you’re using a device assigned to you by your workplace, or if you’re using a personal device at your workplace. If that’s the case, Some settings are managed
    by your organization will appear at the top of the location settings page.

I would suggest you to follow the below path and check if it helps.

• Select the Start icon on your taskbar, and then select Settings > Privacy > Location.

I would suggest you to check if the Geo Location service is enabled and started. If not you have to Enable and start the service. follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type Services.msc In the search box.
    • Select Geo Location services.
    • Right click on it.
    • Go to properties and change start up type to automatic.
    I would also suggest you to check refer the suggestions from the below article and check if it helps.

Windows location service and privacy - Microsoft Support

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, May 26, 2024
Thema:

i have windows 11, signed in as Administrator and cannot activate Location Services it is...

1. i have windows 11, signed in as Administrator and cannot activate Location Services it is... - Similar Threads - signed Administrator cannot

2. i have windows 11, signed in as Administrator and cannot activate Location Services it is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have windows 11, signed in as Administrator and cannot activate Location Services it is...: i have windows 11, signed in as Administrator and cannot activate Location Services it is grayed. is this normal or how can i resolve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-windows-11-signed-in-as-administrator-and/8197481a-4c03-48af-a7b8-b0d3737d5d36
  3. i have windows 11 , signed in as adminisstor and cannot activate Location because it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have windows 11 , signed in as adminisstor and cannot activate Location because it...: i have windows 11 , signed in as adminisstor and cannot activate Location services because it suggests i don't have admin rights. how can i check my admin rights and activate location services?...
  4. i have windows 11 , signed in as adminisstor and cannot activate Location because it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i have windows 11 , signed in as adminisstor and cannot activate Location because it...: i have windows 11 , signed in as adminisstor and cannot activate Location services because it suggests i don't have admin rights. how can i check my admin rights and activate location services?...
  5. I cannot sign into my administrator account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot sign into my administrator account: I have an Acer aspire one with Windows 7 starter, I only have one administrator account. No other accounts on the laptop and there’s a password on my administrator account and the password is not working, I just reset the password and it keeps telling me the password is...
  6. I cannot sign into my administrator account

I cannot sign into my administrator account: I have an Acer aspire one with Windows 7 starter, I only have one administrator account. No other accounts on the laptop and there’s a password on my administrator account and the password is not working, I just reset the password and it keeps telling me the password is...
  7. Unable to sign into Windows 11, cannot use pin, cannot activate Windows 11

Unable to sign into Windows 11, cannot use pin, cannot activate Windows 11: I have just completed a new build and installed Windows 11!However, Windows 11 has given me a lot of problems every step of the way.I'm trying to sign into my Microsoft account on Windows. I get to the part where it asks me for my Windows password after enterting my Microsoft...
  8. Cannot sign in as administrator

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot sign in as administrator: Hi, if anyone found this question of mine please help me with this... I changed my bro's admin account as local user and mine as administrator after that I restarted pc in startup screen I see both profiles mine and my bro.. I clicked on my account administrator it asked me...
  9. Cannot sign in as administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot sign in as administrator: Hi, if anyone found this question of mine please help me with this... I changed my bro's admin account as local user and mine as administrator after that I restarted pc in startup screen I see both profiles mine and my bro.. I clicked on my account administrator it asked me...
  10. Cannot sign in as administrator