Windows 10: I have windows home edition - can I reinstall and put it into s mode instead of regular mode?

Discus and support I have windows home edition - can I reinstall and put it into s mode instead of regular mode? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have an older computer that has Windows 10. It is somewhat slow. I understand that windows s mode. Is lighter than the "regular" mode. My computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MarkVoltz, Nov 26, 2022.

1. MarkVoltz Win User

I have windows home edition - can I reinstall and put it into s mode instead of regular mode?

I have an older computer that has Windows 10. It is somewhat slow. I understand that windows s mode. Is lighter than the "regular" mode. My computer came with windows in "regular" mode. Can I still reinstall windows in S mode? thanks

:)

MarkVoltz, Nov 26, 2022

2. Change motherboards without reinstalling Windows 7!

Don't even need to go through all those steps. Once you got into safe mode,windows 7 will rebuild it's drivers automatically. Boot normally and then install chipset drivers if not already in.

Edit:
    One thing though, it gets hectic with RAID and you will NEED to reinstall/rebuild the array. Only circumstance where you will find driver conflicts.

Edit2:

See edit 1 peet.

JrRacinFan, Nov 26, 2022
  3. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 26, 2022
  4. I have windows home edition - can I reinstall and put it into s mode instead of regular mode?

Windowed mode (No border)?

Hi all,
    What is the difference between fullscreen mode and borderless window mode? Both of them look like standard fullscreen mode. What is the point? Do games run better on borderless window mode? Why does this option exist at all in games?
    Thanks,
    hazazs

Tibor Hazafi, Nov 26, 2022
Thema:

I have windows home edition - can I reinstall and put it into s mode instead of regular mode?

1. I have windows home edition - can I reinstall and put it into s mode instead of regular mode? - Similar Threads - home edition reinstall

2. Why can I open File Explorer in safe mode, but not in regular mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can I open File Explorer in safe mode, but not in regular mode?: Hi everyone,This problem just happened to me today. I was trying to open my file explorer, and then it crashed. So I went to open it again and it gave the “This file does not have an app associated with it…” message. After that, the same message popped up whenever I would try...
  3. Why can I open File Explorer in safe mode, but not in regular mode?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can I open File Explorer in safe mode, but not in regular mode?: Hi everyone,This problem just happened to me today. I was trying to open my file explorer, and then it crashed. So I went to open it again and it gave the “This file does not have an app associated with it…” message. After that, the same message popped up whenever I would try...
  4. I have windows home edition - can I reinstall and put it into s mode instead of regular mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have windows home edition - can I reinstall and put it into s mode instead of regular mode?: I have an older computer that has Windows 10. It is somewhat slow. I understand that windows s mode. Is lighter than the "regular" mode. My computer came with windows in "regular" mode. Can I still reinstall windows in S mode? thanks...
  5. I have windows home edition - can I reinstall and put it into s mode instead of regular mode?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have windows home edition - can I reinstall and put it into s mode instead of regular mode?: I have an older computer that has Windows 10. It is somewhat slow. I understand that windows s mode. Is lighter than the "regular" mode. My computer came with windows in "regular" mode. Can I still reinstall windows in S mode? thanks...
  6. Windows Home S mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Home S mode: So I did the recovery thing on my laptop because it was not running well and it apparently set it to S mode.I was gonna switch out but It said to check my IT or my system administrator but I am on the admin account.So I can not switch out of S mode which is pretty annoying.Is...
  7. Reinstalled Windows, got Home instead of Student S Mode. How do I get rid of it?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Reinstalled Windows, got Home instead of Student S Mode. How do I get rid of it?: Reinstalled Windows, got Home instead of Student S Mode. How do I get rid of Home and get student back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstalled-windows-got-home-instead-of-student-s/b62521c0-0aa0-4ff2-b98e-c1a8c69bd14b
  8. I have W10 S mode upgraded to Home edition, but cumulative updates will not install

I have W10 S mode upgraded to Home edition, but cumulative updates will not install: I have W10 S upgraded to Home edition, but cumulative updates will not install https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-w10-s-mode-upgraded-to-home-edition-but/9b7d8846-1eca-421f-a6a2-360621dbb167
  9. upgrading/getting out of s mode when I have home edition installed

upgrading/getting out of s mode when I have home edition installed: I just bought a new laptop which had windows s already preloaded. I also bought Windows 10 home edition not from the Microsoft store as it was more expensive. When I try to switch out of s mode, it keeps wanting me to buy it from the store, even though the computer also says...
  10. to reinstall s mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    to reinstall s mode: how do I re install s mode on m computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/to-reinstall-s-mode/db7d8cad-0735-4f99-a929-cb5345ce256f