Windows 10: I have winmail.dat attachments that I cannot open. What is the story?

Discus and support I have winmail.dat attachments that I cannot open. What is the story? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have winmail.dat attachments that I cannot open. Options to save or download. Neither works. I've never seen these before. What is the story?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by allanhamblin, Sep 25, 2019.

1. I have winmail.dat attachments that I cannot open. What is the story?

I have winmail.dat attachments that I cannot open. Options to save or download. Neither works. I've never seen these before. What is the story?

:)

allanhamblin, Sep 25, 2019

2. converting email attachment from Winmail

How can I convert an attachment from Winmail to a format that can be read?

SusanBrennan721, Sep 25, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    DaveM121, Sep 25, 2019
  4. Jason KV Win User

I have winmail.dat attachments that I cannot open. What is the story?

Winmail attachment in Nokia Lumia 925

I received emails with winmail.dat attachment on my nokia lumia 925 running on Windows 8.1 version. pop up window with save & download is disabled. I cannot download the winmail.dat attachment nor view the attachment. I find there are winmail.dat readers
    for android and IOS. This reader is essential since we cannot ask the sender to resent all the attachment in HTML plain text format.

There are not many customization for displaying email. There is no other display theme for email.

One more draw back with email folder is that it displays the Name of Email account with email ID below. There is no option to hide the email ID and display only the Email Account Name (eg. GMAIL (*** Email address is removed for privacy ***).

Can you please help to solve the following issues.

• Open winmail attachment in my nokia lumia 925 Mobile
    • Setting different display theme like arranging based on recipient name etc.
    • Hide the email ID's for the Email Accounts.
    Thanks

Courtney

Jason KV, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

I have winmail.dat attachments that I cannot open. What is the story?

1. I have winmail.dat attachments that I cannot open. What is the story? - Similar Threads - winmail dat attachments

2. I can't open attachments

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't open attachments: When I try to open attachments in emails they load but then don't finish downloading meaning I can never open them. It tends to be word documents, powerpoint etc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-open-attachments/4f5a005c-3d3f-4a81-ba91-aebe9dc48dcd
  3. I can't open attachments

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't open attachments: When I try to open attachments in emails they load but then don't finish downloading meaning I can never open them. It tends to be word documents, powerpoint etc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-open-attachments/4f5a005c-3d3f-4a81-ba91-aebe9dc48dcd
  4. I can't open attachments

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Don't do what I did: a Windows story

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Don't do what I did: a Windows story: I've often thought that security comes at a price, the very things implemented to protect you or your data become hard work when something goes wrong. My laptop is pretty new and I had been having a few minor problems that I couldn't fix, to most people they're not issues...
  6. I cannot open a Word document attached to any email that I receive

I cannot open a Word document attached to any email that I receive: I cannot open a Word document attached to any email that I receive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-open-a-word-document-attached-to-any/931c1b4e-fab3-4900-96d9-183f0f98249e
  7. .dat file received as email attachment - how is it best to open with Windows 10

.dat file received as email attachment - how is it best to open with Windows 10: I know nothing about .dat files and am not very technically competent. the email is from a very trusted business source https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dat-file-received-as-email-attachment-how-is-it/39f816d0-67ab-4f5c-8041-31126386f883"
  8. How do I open WebCacheV01.dat?

How do I open WebCacheV01.dat?: Hi Microsoft, I need help in viewing this computer's history. My son deleted his history after SOMETHING, so I need to recover it. I tried opening WebCacheV01.dat, but it's being used by Host Process for Windows Tasks. Is there any way to open this file, like force opening?...
  9. WinMail Removal

in Windows 10 Customization
    WinMail Removal: Windows 10 1809 - 10.0.17763.195 If you use NTLite to reconfigure your Windows version and you remove the windows mail option, components, windows apps, apps, windows mail, then it breaks the ability to install windows mail. I am talking about the old Vista mail or WinMail....
  10. Outlook 2019 sporadischer winmail-10.dat Anhang

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook 2019 sporadischer winmail-10.dat Anhang: Folgendes Problem besteht bei einem unserer Kunden an einem ihrer Rechner (Win10 und Outlook2019). Manche Mails mit einem PDF Anhang aus Lexware kommen bei manchen Kunden unseres Kunden als winmail-10.dat an. Dieses Problem ist neu und erst mit Outlook 2019 aufgetreten....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i have outlook but cannot open winmail.dat attachments