Windows 10: I have yet to have a windows 10 installation last more than a week...

Discus and support I have yet to have a windows 10 installation last more than a week... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Oh, OEM installs as well... To be honest I hate this OS more than my Ex Wife, if there was anything even remotely plausible as an alternative I would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ye Old Great One, Jun 23, 2020.

1. I have yet to have a windows 10 installation last more than a week...

Oh, OEM installs as well...

To be honest I hate this OS more than my Ex Wife, if there was anything even remotely plausible as an alternative I would run it. Please, listen, for once. All of those apps you want us to use, they suck, Windows Defender runs 50% CPU and prevents you from doing things like PLAYING A DAMN VIDEO GAME. I DO NOT, have not, and never will use windows update. Seriously, I cannot be the only one! There is no such thing as a "essential service" in my universe. There are currently 29 running services on the machine I am running, other than Java and Chrome windows I have 31 running tasks, total. Windows 10 considers three times this to me the absolute minimum it can operate with. Performance wise this machine consistently sits between 0 and 2% cpu, the Windows 10 machine sat 20-30%, and it was an 11 year newer machine! Brand new versus 2009. The new machine Brand New Laptop was painfully slow compared to my 2009 desktop.

Please, stop treating users like idiots although I admit, most of them are. There are a few of us out there that do more with a computer than write an occasional email, play solitaire, and look at cat pictures in Bing. I feel that is the extent that Windows 10 was designed to handle however.

Also, when I am the administrator I really need you to understand that I am the administrator. I will remove that file, that entire directory tree, all of those things that you don't want me disabling and keep moving around in an attempt to maintain security through obscurity BTW, hidden directories, files, drives, partitions, are completely visible when you use a real OS.

Windows 7 was at least serviceable. Server 2008 was pretty good, but you tried too hard to make it robust and it was a bust. I have not touch much past 2008 because you got snotty about your licensing. To be honest, no I wont pay you for an obsolete OS that I am using, however you also refuse to refund me for the brand new OS that you sold me, which I had to delete because it was garbage, so lets call it a wash. The last machine I bought that actually used the installed OS had XP on it.

But please, have you considered a stripped version?

When I log in I wand a start button, a blue background, and a clock in the lower right. When you click on start I want to see the about ten things that I actually use. When I click on MY computer I want to see the full directory structure, not just the portions you want me to see. I do not need virus protection, I do not need a browser, a media player, an email client, web search, paint, solitaire... None of it. I do not want updates, I wont install them anyway. I don't hibernate, I don't use a swap file, I don't use restore points, I have never run anti-virus software, and I am still virus free they are pretty easy to avoid if you have half a brain.

Anyway, that is my rant. I keep seeing articles about "We are stopping support for Windows 7, upgrade now!!!!" Trust me, there are a lot of us who didn't want your support in the first place, and some of us who never used it at all.

:)

Ye Old Great One, Jun 23, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 23, 2020
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Jun 23, 2020
  4. I have yet to have a windows 10 installation last more than a week...

New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Jun 23, 2020
Thema:

I have yet to have a windows 10 installation last more than a week...

1. I have yet to have a windows 10 installation last more than a week... - Similar Threads - yet installation last

2. Windows is getting multiple BSOD a once a week or more. BugCheck 1001. I have the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows is getting multiple BSOD a once a week or more. BugCheck 1001. I have the...: Windows is getting multiple BSOD a once a week or more. BugCheck 1001. I have the memory.dmp. Can someone look at it an tell me what program is causing this?The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000001aa 0x0000005fac9fce28, 0x0000000000000003,...
  3. Windows is getting multiple BSOD a once a week or more. BugCheck 1001. I have the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows is getting multiple BSOD a once a week or more. BugCheck 1001. I have the...: Windows is getting multiple BSOD a once a week or more. BugCheck 1001. I have the memory.dmp. Can someone look at it an tell me what program is causing this?The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000001aa 0x0000005fac9fce28, 0x0000000000000003,...
  4. This is the last straw I have with Windows...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This is the last straw I have with Windows...: [ATTACH] This is the last straw I have with Windows... submitted by /u/thinlycuta4paper [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/v91xmh/this_is_the_last_straw_i_have_with_windows/
  5. I built a pc and it says i have not installed windows yet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I built a pc and it says i have not installed windows yet: Whenever I restart my pc, after a while, my wallpapers go black. Then i go to change them, and then it says that i need to activate windows before I personalize my pc. I try to troubleshoot but nothing happens. Can anyone help me and tell me what i need to do to fix this....
  6. Windows 10: Displaying more languages than I have installed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10: Displaying more languages than I have installed: In my sidebar it shows that I have 2 language packs installed [ATTACH] , but when I look under the settings it shows only English [ATTACH] I just want to remove Slovenian language pack of my computer. If it helps here is nerd stuff Edition Windows 10 Education Version...
  7. More notifications than I have?!?!

in Windows 10 Customization
    More notifications than I have?!?!: Hello. Every time I get a notification its ok. Shows up normally and everything, but then when I look at the bottom right corner I see something like 99+. I then open it and see one notification. How can I solve this issue?...
  8. Windows 10 Store will not let me have more than 10 computers

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 Store will not let me have more than 10 computers: I have purchased around 20 laptops that I am using for a project, to use these computers in any meaningful way, S Modemust be turned off. Otherwise, the computers are absolutely worthless because you cannot install anything on them. To switch out of S Mode, you have to have...
  9. The latest version of windows 10 is more broken than the last

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The latest version of windows 10 is more broken than the last: I seem to be getting errors and blue screens from the latest update and I may sue your company for giving me a police record from problems with windows 10....
  10. Multiple issues, have yet to find a long lasting solution.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple issues, have yet to find a long lasting solution.: Okay. I have a brand new laptop with windows 10 pro installed. Got it in April and didn't start having issues until around May/June. I can't log in to my Microsoft account online through any browser. I might be able to view one Microsoft page but won't be able to go to...