Windows 10: I haven't been able to boot into windows for 2-3 weeks now

Discus and support I haven't been able to boot into windows for 2-3 weeks now in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; About 2 weeks ago, my computer automatically restarted. I was confused, but didn't think much of it. Once it booted into windows, it automatically... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/WafflePoutine, Mar 21, 2020.

1. I haven't been able to boot into windows for 2-3 weeks now

About 2 weeks ago, my computer automatically restarted. I was confused, but didn't think much of it. Once it booted into windows, it automatically restarted again, and then it wouldn't boot at all. I kept getting blue screened (usually SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED) and my PC would automatically restart again.

After some research, it seems that it was an automatic Windows 10 update that caused this (source: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...=2&msgid=838e6f49-60ca-41cb-aa4e-44b830977063).

For 2-3 weeks now I still can't boot windows, no matter what I've tried. The cause of the problem is unknown, but the CPU always disconnects or isn't recognized or powers off for a split second, since the motherboard has a light which shows when it is not connected/recognized/powered on. The light goes on, indicating the CPU powers off for a second, whenever I try booting from a USB. The USB is not the issue.

These are the specs:

Ryzen 5 3600

B450 Tomohawk and X470 Gaming Plus Max

Corsair 650 W

DDR4 8GB RAM (2 x 4 GB)

GTX 1080

250 GB SSD and 2 TB HDD

Here's what I've tried (that I can remember):

- Boot into safe mode by restarting 3 times/use recovery drive: Either blue screen before I am able to try any command line, or the CPU auto powers off. I have tried multiple functioning USBs, which yield no results

- Reinstall Windows using a bootable USB. Also tried Linux, got a kernel panic error

- Try different PSU

- Try different MB

- Try different CPU

- Try moving around RAM, try only using 1

- Re-applying thermal paste to make sure the CPU isn't overheating. According to BIOS, the CPU is sitting at 30 C

- Update BIOS

- Clear CMOS

NONE OF THESE HAVE WORKED! Nothing! I can't even uninstall this update that caused the problems in the first place, since I can't boot into safe mode, nor can I boot into a USB. This is ridiculous!

Please help, I have been getting desperate. I have completely run out of ideas. Thanks

submitted by /u/WafflePoutine
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/WafflePoutine, Mar 21, 2020
  2. zbook Win User

BSOD - Inaccessible Boot Device

The reset save files equivalent if successful should be the quickest method to get you backup and running.

The backup files then clean install is the best option as you fix many problems and start fresh.

The command prompt commands are all trial and error.

Code:

Code:

Code:

Code:

Code:

Code:

Code:

zbook, Mar 21, 2020
  3. Dandel Win User
    How to go about building a tri-boot system?

i dual boot all the time, and going in to tri boot is easy.

step 1) partition the drive in to 3 partitions ( leaving 1 empty for the linux installer. )
    step 2) install windows on the first 2 partitions.
    step 3) install linux, and let it auto partition the remaining space. ( i recommend at least 30gb of space for linux, because it will make things a lot easier. )

step 4) enjoy.

Dandel, Mar 21, 2020
  4. Ron S Win User

I haven't been able to boot into windows for 2-3 weeks now

Notifocation of W-10 update genuine? Freezes computer, can"t verify.

Can you or anyone suggest a way to remove the virus? Haven;t been able to enter safe mode. I did trya windows repair program called system restore, which failed at two restore points.

Ron S, Mar 21, 2020
Thema:

I haven't been able to boot into windows for 2-3 weeks now

1. I haven't been able to boot into windows for 2-3 weeks now - Similar Threads - haven't been able

2. I haven't been able to connect to the OneDrive app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I haven't been able to connect to the OneDrive app: I haven't been able to connect to the OneDrive app for several days now. However, through the Web interface the connection occurs normally. Also, if you disconnect the OneDrive application from this user and connect it again, the connection occurs normally, but after...
  3. I haven't been able to connect to the OneDrive app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I haven't been able to connect to the OneDrive app: I haven't been able to connect to the OneDrive app for several days now. However, through the Web interface the connection occurs normally. Also, if you disconnect the OneDrive application from this user and connect it again, the connection occurs normally, but after...
  4. Frequent crashes and i haven't been able to identify the problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent crashes and i haven't been able to identify the problem: I recently bought the parts and build the computer myself. I have done this many a time and always been able to do well in this department.But this time around i have not been so lucky.System specsWindows 11XFX Radeon RX 6950 XT Speedster MERC 319 - 16GB GD 1Corsair 4000D...
  5. Frequent crashes and i haven't been able to identify the problem

Frequent crashes and i haven't been able to identify the problem: I recently bought the parts and build the computer myself. I have done this many a time and always been able to do well in this department.But this time around i have not been so lucky.System specsWindows 11XFX Radeon RX 6950 XT Speedster MERC 319 - 16GB GD 1Corsair 4000D...
  6. For a week I still haven't been able to install KB5029263. Error: Install error - 0x80070002

in Windows 10 Gaming
    For a week I still haven't been able to install KB5029263. Error: Install error - 0x80070002: It already says retry on windows updates and I have probably clicked that about 200 times throughout the week so that doesn't work. All my other updates are fine, I've never had anything like this happen ever while I was using win 11 so it's definitely NOT something on my...
  7. For a week I still haven't been able to install KB5029263. Error: Install error - 0x80070002

For a week I still haven't been able to install KB5029263. Error: Install error - 0x80070002: It already says retry on windows updates and I have probably clicked that about 200 times throughout the week so that doesn't work. All my other updates are fine, I've never had anything like this happen ever while I was using win 11 so it's definitely NOT something on my...
  8. I haven't been able to update Windows 10 or reinstall from an ISO.

I haven't been able to update Windows 10 or reinstall from an ISO.: I'm at my wits end. I've tried everything I can find on support sites to upgrade my Windows 10.I keep getting error messages 0x80070643 and 0x80070002 , plus I tried to reinstall it from the ISO site and it uninstalls it and gives me an error message 0x8007001F -...
  9. I haven't been able to upgrade Windows in 6 months. 20H2 and now 21H1 consistently fail...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I haven't been able to upgrade Windows in 6 months. 20H2 and now 21H1 consistently fail...: I haven't been able to update windows for nearly 6 months. I've followed multiple support threads on here with no success. I've unplugged all devices from the PC. I've downloaded the the windows installer and ran it locally, tried to run it off of a USB. I've uninstalled my...
  10. I've been at this for a week now

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I've been at this for a week now: I've been getting error 56 Where I can't use the internet Says I don't have a etherent cable connected when I do and it has a warning symbol on the driver's I've tried everything from cmd to shell to uninstalling and installing the driver's and resetting I've troubleshooted...