Windows 10: I haven't been able to update or reset my PC for over year.

Discus and support I haven't been able to update or reset my PC for over year. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, So I have been trying to update my computer for a long time now, but it fails no matter what. I often get the 0x8007007e error. I tried using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/notthePenguinMan, May 29, 2020.

1. I haven't been able to update or reset my PC for over year.

Hello, So I have been trying to update my computer for a long time now, but it fails no matter what. I often get the 0x8007007e error. I tried using the update assistant, The windows update troubleshooter. (it tells me the update database is corrupted, but all the steps I looked up to fix that did not work)

I was going to give up and reset my PC. However every time I start the process it fails towards the end saying it could not reset it. I tried using a clean install using an external drive but even that failed. I'm pretty stuck. Any ideas?

submitted by /u/notthePenguinMan
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/notthePenguinMan, May 29, 2020
  2. Ron S Win User

Notifocation of W-10 update genuine? Freezes computer, can"t verify.

Can you or anyone suggest a way to remove the virus? Haven;t been able to enter safe mode. I did trya windows repair program called system restore, which failed at two restore points.

Ron S, May 29, 2020
  3. pc won`t update

Hi guys, When my PC is checking for updates, I get the following message:

We couldn't connect to the update service. We'll try again later, or you can check now. If it still doesn't work, make sure you're connected to the Internet.

I have no idea what to do. Naturally, my PC IS connected to the internet!

This happens over and over again which means I haven`t been able to update the computer for like 2 months!!

Please advise.

Thank you!!

Arnon

ArnonZlotnik, May 29, 2020
  4. I haven't been able to update or reset my PC for over year.

Notifocation of W-10 update genuine? Freezes computer, can"t verify.

Download MalwareBytes and run a Full scan then run a full scan with Defender

Josey Wales, May 29, 2020
Thema:

I haven't been able to update or reset my PC for over year.

1. I haven't been able to update or reset my PC for over year. - Similar Threads - haven't been able

2. I haven't been able to connect to the OneDrive app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I haven't been able to connect to the OneDrive app: I haven't been able to connect to the OneDrive app for several days now. However, through the Web interface the connection occurs normally. Also, if you disconnect the OneDrive application from this user and connect it again, the connection occurs normally, but after...
  3. I haven't been able to connect to the OneDrive app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I haven't been able to connect to the OneDrive app: I haven't been able to connect to the OneDrive app for several days now. However, through the Web interface the connection occurs normally. Also, if you disconnect the OneDrive application from this user and connect it again, the connection occurs normally, but after...
  4. I haven't been able to update windows in over a month, it gives me error 0x80070057

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I haven't been able to update windows in over a month, it gives me error 0x80070057: I've tried using sfc /scannow in CMD Admin mode but all I get is "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service" and then I tried DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth but it gets to 3.7% and then it stops and says "ERROR 87". What can I do to get my...
  5. I haven't been able to update windows in over a month, it gives me error 0x80070057

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I haven't been able to update windows in over a month, it gives me error 0x80070057: I've tried using sfc /scannow in CMD Admin mode but all I get is "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service" and then I tried DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth but it gets to 3.7% and then it stops and says "ERROR 87". What can I do to get my...
  6. Unable to install any feature updates on my pc and haven't been able to for over a year. Help?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to install any feature updates on my pc and haven't been able to for over a year. Help?: I've been stuck on Windows 10 Version 1903 OS Build 18362.10024 for a very long time. This is my attempted update history:The Windows Insider Pre-release Feature Update to Windows 10 version 1909 was, in fact, not succesfully installed as i got this error code: 0xc1900131I've...
  7. I've been hacked, I haven't been able to get into my account for MONTHS, maybe even years...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I've been hacked, I haven't been able to get into my account for MONTHS, maybe even years...: To start this off I know I've been hacked. When logging into my Microsoft account the password that I've ALWAYS used and as far as I'm aware never changed doesn't work and the recovery email I have is for some website called cikluh.com. If you GO TO CIKLUH it's literally a...
  8. Since December, last year, I haven't been able to update windows beyond 1903. It's driving...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Since December, last year, I haven't been able to update windows beyond 1903. It's driving...: every time i start an update, it downloads, while installing it gets stuck 20%and then jumps to 100% saying that it failed with the following error message: 2020-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64-based Systems (KB4549951) - Error 0x800f0831 OR...
  9. BSOD Issues for over a month and haven't been able to pinpoint the problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Issues for over a month and haven't been able to pinpoint the problem: Hi, I built this computer back in the middle of September (2019) and have been getting random BSOD events ever since a few days after it was finished. However I can't pinpoint the problem. They seem to happen randomly and the errors have been mostly "page fault in non paged...
  10. BSOD Issues for over a month and haven't been able to pinpoint the problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Issues for over a month and haven't been able to pinpoint the problem: Hi, I built this computer back in the middle of September (2019) and have been getting random BSOD events ever since a few days after it was finished. However I can't pinpoint the problem. They seem to happen randomly and the errors have been mostly "page fault in non paged...