Windows 10: i haven't updated my computer in years, now its always restarting to download updates, is...

Discus and support i haven't updated my computer in years, now its always restarting to download updates, is... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Basically, because of my third world internet connection, i disabled updating in my computer in 2018. now its always restarting to update, everyday... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AnDofAstora, Jul 3, 2020.

1. i haven't updated my computer in years, now its always restarting to download updates, is...

Basically, because of my third world internet connection, i disabled updating in my computer in 2018. now its always restarting to update, everyday sometime during the day it restarts or gives me the hour option, is it normal ?

submitted by /u/AnDofAstora
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AnDofAstora, Jul 3, 2020
  2. malware Win User

Alienware Area 51 m15x BIOS Update Released

If you were among the group of people experiencing overheating issues with your Alienware Area 51 m15x laptop, then there are some good news for you. A new BIOS update, version X29b P3A30 is now available. The update allegedly allows VGA fans to increase up to 5400 rpm and thus better cool the GPU. To obtain the new BIOS, you'll need to email the m15x support line (L: Area51_m15x@alienware.com). In reply you should receive a link to the BIOS .zip archive. Once you download the small file, Alienware recommends to follow the steps described in the Read full story marker.

Open Nero Ultra Edition, click Backup, and then click “Burn Image to Disc.” Next, select the file “m15x_x29b.iso from the unzipped folder.

• Plug your AC adapter in
    • Disconnect all third-party peripherals
    • Don’t turn off the computer or restart it during the update
    • Don’t eject your DVD/Blu-ray drive during the update.
    Steps:
    • Open BIOS by tapping F12 during boot
    • Set BIOS to boot from your CD-ROM drive first
    • Save and exit
    • Upon reboot, the BIOS flash update will proceed
    • Click “Yes” through the prompts
    • Restart
    Source: LAPTOP Magazine

malware, Jul 3, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond i haven't updated my computer in years, now its always restarting to download updates, is... :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jul 3, 2020
  4. i haven't updated my computer in years, now its always restarting to download updates, is...

Vista x64 won't download updates?

The last updates on my home desktop are dated 16th June.
    I've powered it on some 3 or 4 times since then, but nothing was downloaded automatically as per settings.

I tried the manual update from the CP but I get an error code 80070002.

I did the troubleshooting suggested (i.e. stop the Windows Update service, delete the temporary update files, restart the Windows Update service, and then try to check for Windows updates again) but I still keep getting the same error code, even after rebooting *Confused i haven't updated my computer in years, now its always restarting to download updates, is... :confused:

What gives?

Black Panther, Jul 3, 2020
Thema:

i haven't updated my computer in years, now its always restarting to download updates, is...

1. i haven't updated my computer in years, now its always restarting to download updates, is... - Similar Threads - haven't updated computer

2. I restarted computer to ginish an update and its not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I restarted computer to ginish an update and its not working: Help. It says windows getting ready but its not working properly. I cant turn off the computer what do i do It finally started.Can it take so long without something being wrong..Its just one normal update...
  3. I restarted computer to ginish an update and its not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I restarted computer to ginish an update and its not working: Help. It says windows getting ready but its not working properly. I cant turn off the computer what do i do It finally started.Can it take so long without something being wrong..Its just one normal update...
  4. I restarted computer to ginish an update and its not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. my computer will not boot up. I did an update and now it will not repair, and I always...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my computer will not boot up. I did an update and now it will not repair, and I always...: Can't open file: X:\sources\Recovery\tools\HP\Rita-tool\Windows won't repairIt won't do anything but give me the following. I do not have a back up disk. I am screwed!! I can see it through command prompt but it won't boot...
  6. my computer will not boot up. I did an update and now it will not repair, and I always...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my computer will not boot up. I did an update and now it will not repair, and I always...: Can't open file: X:\sources\Recovery\tools\HP\Rita-tool\Windows won't repairIt won't do anything but give me the following. I do not have a back up disk. I am screwed!! I can see it through command prompt but it won't boot...
  7. my computer will not boot up. I did an update and now it will not repair, and I always...

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Delete a downloaded update that i haven't installed yet

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Delete a downloaded update that i haven't installed yet: Hello, unitll now, my computer was runing on windows 10 with windows insider, however, i left insider just now when I saw that the new preview build was actually windows 11. I definitely don't want windows 11 on my computer yet for many reasons so I wanted to know if there is...
  9. I haven't been able to update or reset my PC for over year.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I haven't been able to update or reset my PC for over year.: Hello, So I have been trying to update my computer for a long time now, but it fails no matter what. I often get the 0x8007007e error. I tried using the update assistant, The windows update troubleshooter. (it tells me the update database is corrupted, but all the steps I...
  10. Haven't gotten windows updates in years

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Haven't gotten windows updates in years: Hello, I'm new here, so I'm sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong place. Just a warning, I really don't know too much about computers. I'm posting this because my parents really don't know how to get around a computer at all. Okay with that aside I'm gonna get to the...